OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

My Thoughts on Brooks and Landry being the future of the Rockets is this:

Back in 1996 the Rockets traded Robert Horry and Sam Cassell for Charles Barkley. A move that ruined the Rockets for years. Horry/Landry, Cassell/Brooks havevery similar games and I would hate to see the Rockets give up on the future like that.

BUT Amare is no Charles Barkley in 1996. Barkley was old, out of shape, and had a terrible attitude. A frontcourt of Amare and Yao is by far the best 4 and 5combo in the league. If we can do it without giving scola up, that would just be amazing. 3 guys capable of 20 and 10 at your 4 and 5 spot is unheard of.

I believe 100% that Artest will be gone by Thursday. He hasn't fit in all year and is the easiest piece to move with his expiring contract. If we tradebrooks, who plays back up PG though? We would have a HUGE whole there. So I would like to see a secondary deal to bring in another PG.

This is going to be a fun week it looks like, thats for sure.

Originally Posted by HtownRox14

My Thoughts on Brooks and Landry being the future of the Rockets is this:

Back in 1996 the Rockets traded Robert Horry and Sam Cassell for Charles Barkley. A move that ruined the Rockets for years. Horry/Landry, Cassell/Brooks have very similar games and I would hate to see the Rockets give up on the future like that.

BUT Amare is no Charles Barkley in 1996. Barkley was old, out of shape, and had a terrible attitude. A frontcourt of Amare and Yao is by far the best 4 and 5 combo in the league. If we can do it without giving scola up, that would just be amazing. 3 guys capable of 20 and 10 at your 4 and 5 spot is unheard of.

I believe 100% that Artest will be gone by Thursday. He hasn't fit in all year and is the easiest piece to move with his expiring contract. If we trade brooks, who plays back up PG though? We would have a HUGE whole there. So I would like to see a secondary deal to bring in another PG.

This is going to be a fun week it looks like, thats for sure.
I hope for vince carter. No one else valuable seems to be on the table. Or maybe for Baron Davis? Idk

Originally Posted by BangDak

clips interested in amare? horrendous move.

Can't see it happening. They would NEVER spend that amount of coin on him when he becomes a FA.Then aain, Reinsdorf prolly won't either unless they wina playoff series.God I would love to see Thabo shipped out of here. What a terrible basketball player. Dude doesn't look like he even wants to play. AndSTAT>Goods and Tyrus. Looks like the perfect deal.

i believe that too. with porter out, im sure they'll find a way to make amare back to his old self.

[h2]Suns And Bulls Talks Heating Up[/h2]
Thomas_Tyrus_chi_090210.jpg

Feb 15, 2009 9:39 PM EST

phx_40.gif
Talks between the Suns and Bullsregarding Amare Stoudemire have intensified, according to three people with knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com.

Phoenix's interest in working with the Bulls on a trade is because of their presumed increased desire to acquire Tyrus Thomas.

One rival executive familiar with the talks said Portland evidently is no longer an option.

ViaCBSSports.com

Phoenix Suns, ChicagoBulls

Read the FullStory Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

Rumors are going around that the Wolves could trade Mike Miller to the Clips for Camby and also relief of that first round pick we owe them...I think wehaven't seen the best of Mike Miller yet but I wouldn't totally be against that. We would have a true Center who can play on both end which is morethan 75% of the league can say. Also, we wouldn't have to assess that need on the 09 draft. Therefore we could go after someone like Rubio or Jennings..

[h2]Amare talks turn to Chicago, but ...[/h2]
Posted on: February 15, 2009 8:50 pm

Score: 170

PHOENIX -- As Amare Stoudemire warmed up for the NBA All-Star Game on his home floor Sunday night, the Suns' efforts to trade him circled back to the Chicago Bulls, three people with knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com.

The Suns are discussing financial and basketball trades with several teams, and disagreement within the organization -- and in the mind of managing partner Robert Sarver -- continues to complicate matters, one of the people said. One faction of the organization views trading Stoudemire as a "giant mistake" that would be difficult to recover from and views the firing of coach Terry Porter as a sufficient move for now. Asssistant Alvin Gentry is expected to take over for Porter Monday.

The Suns' efforts to find the best deal for Stoudemire have come back to the Bulls partly because of Phoenix's interest in Tyrus Thomas, one of the people said. The trade likely would have to include at least one of the following -- Drew Gooden, whose contract expires after this season, and Larry Hughes, whose deal comes off the books after 2009-10.

If the Suns decide to dump salary and go young, there could be an additional smaller deal that follows any Stoudemire move, one of the people with knowledge of the team's strategy said. Though several other teams are still in the mix and are being apprised of the progress with Stoudemire, one rival executive familiar with the talks said Portland evidently is no longer an option.

Stoudemire received a warm welcome from the home crowd during the All-Star starters' introductions at US Airways Center. He pounded his chest in return and smiled. Was it hello or good-bye?

I would hate for the bulls to have to give up Tyrus! Ive been a fan since he swatted the $%%+ out of Greg paulus when duke played LSU in the tourney a fewyears ago, and im a HUGE DUKE FAN! I dont think Tyrus will ever be a 20+pts 10reb player, but I do think he will be a 14-16 pts, 8-10 reb, 2+ blocks a game andALOT of energy! Ive seen tyrus play more D in one game than Stat has in the whole damn season so far.

Bonafide, that's pretty much the gist of what I get reading all around. Amare, VC or Mike Miller.

Honestly I think Butler would be a good fit.

The thing with the Rockets is they're not going to resign Ron so they're going to get something for him while they can. Options are limited though.

Heisley is really starting to act stupid. I haven't heard a single counter offer from the Grizz after Phoenix wanted Gay, Hak and Conley. I know thatThomas, Hughes and Gooden's expiring isn't better than Gay, Hak, Buckner's expiring and LA's 2010 1st rounder. If we had to, I would throwDarko in there instead of Hak since his deal 7+ million dollar contract expires in 2009-10. They continually say Memphis are in the talks, but I'm justhoping they can actually make a move.

This trade could be very important in terms of business and marketing for the city because Stoudemire and Mayo themselves can sell an extra 5,000 seasontickets next year which is the only way Heisley takes on a contract like Stoudemire's. It would also give Memphis more nationally televised games. Add onConley, Arthur, Gasol, Lowry, a top 3 pick from the draft, and a possible small FA signing and you have a playoff team. If Memphis doesn't get Amare, thiswill be probably the 3rd time they have yet to go after a star player after they've been in talks with a team about one. Vince Carter and Allen Iversonwere the other two and the main reason they didn't want them was because they didn't want to give up Miller and/or Battier.
eyes.gif

if rockets trade scola it would be the worst trade in rockets history that guy is the best rockets!

dont like to see ron go but idk we need to win maybe will resign him next year who knowsd

Miller or VC is fine by me. TMac has had success with these guys in the past

He can be a 3rd option that's what.

Unfortunately this late in the game, this might be what T-Mac has become from here on out.

IMO the only big deal that was going to happen happened already.

The Suns ain't trading Amare they fired their coach which was the smart thing to do IMO. They learned from our mistakes LOL.

I'd bet money on it.

Back
Top Bottom