OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Boston+Celtics+v+Cleveland+Cavaliers+Game+NgRPXUCE1NIl.jpg

nerd.gif

Make it happen...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Wish we could have made a move, but it was hard. We didn't have much and Danny must like where were at.

Adding Smith might be nice though.

Former Cav Joe Smith, who was traded to the Hornets before the deal was rescinded Wednesday, is expected to seek a buyout from the Thunder within the nextweek. Though reports have indicated the Boston Celtics will pursue Smith, a league source said if Smith can get a buyout, he will consider the Cavs. InDecember, Smith said he'd have interest in going back to Cleveland if he became a free agent.

http://www.cleveland.com/...deadline_over_but_se.html

In addition, there are some other names. The Cavs may consider Earl Barron, a versatile big man who played for the Miami Heat last season, as a free agent.Also, a league insider said on Thursday that veteran big man Robert Horry has not ruled out returning this season, and he has a relationship with Cavs GeneralManager Danny Ferry.

http://www.cleveland.com/...deadline_over_but_se.html

NO, JOE!!!

COME TO L.A.!!!!

I swear, if the Celtics pick up Moore and Joe returns to CLE instead of the Lakers...
smh.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by copped

you're crazy man...the spurs need that athletic swingman...the likes of ariza that lakers have...we needed to match that....its not our defense anymore that will anchor that low scoring..
Im sorry but VC isn't the player he use to be. Yea he still has athleticism, but ariza offers more to the lakers than vince would to thespurs. VC is not a lock down defender and prefers to shoot the 3 then drive to the basket. On top of that Roger Mason ( i dont like him) is a cheap 3 pointshooter, why spend money on VC to do the same. The Spurs FO has made great decisions these past 10+ years and not getting vince was just another smart move.

Side note: Isn't there a way that some deals can still be made. Like as long as paper work or something was in before 3 pm est? anyone know detailsabout this?

I definitely thought the Cavs should've made a deal.

I understand that their record is outstanding and you can throw that in my face all you want, but I seriously don't see anything special about that teamoutside of Lebron. I don't see them quite at the level of the Celtics, and another player would've helped vault them to that position.

I also don't understand why people are arguing about Larry Hughes and Chris Wilcox. The Knicks don't give a !**% about what they do or if they evenplay a minute before their contracts expire.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by allen3xis

we're not talkin about just Larry, Wilcox too.

I don't see what's so hard to understand.

Those 2 > Tim Thomas.
like i said up a few post up it dont matter if your talkin about every move yall made or just our trade bull >knicks
Wow.

Joe come back to Cleveland, I hope he does not have hard feelings due to that MO trade in the summer and I hope he doesn't stick it to us by going to theceltics due to his KG ties.

Joe Smith knows our system from last year and he did a great job, I can't really see him signing with the Celtics.

Do it Joe.

Knick fans, specifically YoungJordan#,

1st off we're not taking Rose good brutha that OKC problem we had James, Tim, and Roberson.

2nd Larry's contract comes off the same yr James and Tims would have come off 2010

3rd this yr hes making 12.8 and next yr hes getting 13.6 so unless you move him next yr, which I doubt, you're going to end up paying more than you wouldhave for keeping the two of them.

now if you just wanted them off of you squad ok thats cool and i can understand that because we've wanted to get rid of Larry since his 1st game inuniform, but other than that all you've gotten is open roster spot and another cancer on your team.

Chicago on the otherhand managed to split his massive contract in half with two players, allowing us the opportunity to move half of it if the opportunitypresents itself, at the sametime we manage to rid ourself of a major disruption. Meanwhile we also traded away another MASSIVE contract that had a stranglehold on us capwise and a presence whos been in and out all season for a better/more versatile post presence and a versatile wingman. we then traded awayanother useless roster spot slowing down our pg's progression for a first round draft pick which can also be used as a trading option.

now to say that we didnt have atleast an A- performance in a period where no big names were moved we definitely made the most from what we got.

No Homerism... straight facts

Originally Posted by JPZx

Glad we got something for McCants...he's a certified scrub
laugh.gif

Shelden Williams
9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e.gif
...dude hasn't gotten much burn this year but we're rebuilding so he'll get his minutes. Anyway, who's this Bobby Brown..never heard of him
ohwell.gif

lol sheldon is also a certified scrub..he couldn't even get minutes on the kings so that tells you how much he sucks..

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Knick fans, specifically YoungJordan#,

1st off we're not taking Rose good brutha that OKC problem we had James, Tim, and Roberson.

2nd Larry's contract comes off the same yr James and Tims would have come off 2010

3rd this yr hes making 12.8 and next yr hes getting 13.6 so unless you move him next yr, which I doubt, you're going to end up paying more than you would have for keeping the two of them.

now if you just wanted them off of you squad ok thats cool and i can understand that because we've wanted to get rid of Larry since his 1st game in uniform, but other than that all you've gotten is open roster spot and another cancer on your team.

Chicago on the otherhand managed to split his massive contract in half with two players, allowing us the opportunity to move half of it if the opportunity presents itself, at the sametime we manage to rid ourself of a major disruption. Meanwhile we also traded away another MASSIVE contract that had a strangle hold on us capwise and a presence whos been in and out all season for a better/more versatile post presence and a versatile wingman. we then traded away another useless roster spot slowing down our pg's progression for a first round draft pick which can also be used as a trading option.

now to say that we didnt have atleast an A- performance in a period where no big names were moved we definitely made the most from what we got.

No Homerism... straight facts

couldnt of said it better myself

Well, it was great doing this thread with ya'll! I def thought there would have been more blockbusters. Especially with the HEAT doing the J.O. trade lastfriday. I want to also thank:

Thread contributors-
SenorRoboto2k5
l Na Smatic l
bright nikes
Physicx
Tupac003
BigMike23
Franchise3
CurtisCarter23
bhmafia14
GSDOUBLEU
SpectaculaR23
tmoney85
Getimmaaw

And everyone that posted info/rumors today.Big ups!

My winners were

Teams / Winners (Involving)

Magic/Bucks= Orlando (T.Lue)
Lakers/Bobcats= Lakers (A.Morrison)
Heat/Raptors= Heat (J.O'Neal)
Piston/Clippers= Push (A.Acker)
Celtics/Kings= Push (S.Cassel)
Hornets/Thunder= Thunder (Chandler)
Bulls/Kings= Bulls (B.Miiler)
Kings/Blazers= Kings (I.Diogu)
Lakers/Grizz= Push (C.Mihm)
Celtics/Raptors/Kings= Push (P O'Bryant)
Bulls/Thunder= Push (T.Sefolosha )
Rockets/Grizz/Magic= Magic (R.Alston)
Knicks/Thunder= Knicks (C.Wilcox)
Knicks/Bulls= Push (L.Hughes)
Wolves/Kings= Kings (R.McCants)

Back
Top Bottom