OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

How are people not getting that the Knicks are only concerned about 2010? The two contracts in Wilcox and Hughes both expire before 2010. And as Fresh Boy DJ stated earlier, both Jerome James and Malik Rose were playing ZERO minutes per game, which means they did NOTHING for production. Tim Thomas was the only player we let go that was bringing anything to the table. Chris Wilcox, although he's here for financial purposes, is a bigger defensive presence than anyone we let go.

Larry Hughes could aide in scoring but again, his purpose in a Knicks uniform is financial. The fact that we managed to get rid of Jerome James contract stuns me, Donnie is a god in NYC right now. Roberson was another big waste of space. And now that we may have freed up a roster spot, it clears the way for Patrick Ewing Jr. to be brought up from the NBDL, which a lot of Knicks fans have been hoping for.
pimp.gif
QFT
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Ok so what would you have done?

You cannot just make a move for the sake of making one fam.

This team is 41-11....THIRTY GAMES over .500

The Cavs are already a playoff type team as evident by their success in the past with teams not nearly as solid as this one.

No need to rock the boat if it ain't worth rockin'.

The deals the Cavs can make will be better in the offseason rather than now due to the NBA's economic climate

You have to weigh the options. They feel they have a better chance to win with this team they have now than to alter the chemistry, mortgage the future and dig a hole via a BAD deal.
I'm borderline on the Cavs not making any moves. All I can say though is the regular season is a big nothing aside from the Cavs gaininghome-court advantage throughout the playoffs. Be prepared though that when playoff time comes and teams are double-teaming LeBron that he has no one to go toor if the Cavs get squashed in the paint that they have no defensive presence.

Not necessarily saying it'll happen but remember that you thought it was a good idea not to trade Wally.

what an anti-climatic trade deadline... I am really sad that spurs sat around on the sideline AGAIN and didnt get anything done...

bad move, they needed 1 more piece...now they gotta rely on the big 3 AGAIN...

^ knicks probably the biggest winner. they got rid of jerome james contract, that in itself is a win!

larry hughes, always been a fan of his for some reason, i think he fits well in dantoni system. but he really there because his contract is up in 10

I'm not mad but I would've liked to use Wally's contract for Amare or Camby. Regardless, between Wally, AV and Snow expiring this summer,that's a potential $27.5m coming off the books. I hardly call that a failure, gentlemen, and I was calling for a trade.

How are people not getting that the Knicks are only concerned about 2010? The two contracts in Wilcox and Hughes both expire before 2010. And as Fresh Boy DJ stated earlier, both Jerome James and Malik Rose were playing ZERO minutes per game, which means they did NOTHING for production. Tim Thomas was the only player we let go that was bringing anything to the table. Chris Wilcox, although he's here for financial purposes, is a bigger defensive presence than anyone we let go.

Larry Hughes could aide in scoring but again, his purpose in a Knicks uniform is financial. The fact that we managed to get rid of Jerome James contract stuns me, Donnie is a god in NYC right now. Roberson was another big waste of space. And now that we may have freed up a roster spot, it clears the way for Patrick Ewing Jr. to be brought up from the NBDL, which a lot of Knicks fans have been hoping for.
pimp.gif

G... Honestly it was really a wash... Larry is making 12.6 this yr and 13 something next yr which is basically what James and Tim were making together. On topof that they both come off by 2010 So basically y'all got rid of Roberson. Don't try to make it seem like y'all got some great deal at ourexpense.

not at the Bulls expense cake, but they were pretty good deals.

They immediately fill 2 huge needs.

Money is a non issue as long as it's off by 2010

I don't get why Knicks fans are boasting when Rose expires this year and James next year. I get that the players you got are definite upgrades, but some ofyou are talking about the dumping of salaries.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Exactly, I think some people forget we actually have to field a team this year/next year
laugh.gif

But would the Knicks be getting players with Larry's attitude come 2010 to surround a potential cast?

The Cavs learned the HARD way....

Remember that the salary cap is coming down the next few years, money will be TIGHT in the summer of 2010.

I look at the open roster spot as the biggest deal, Pat Ewing Jr. may finally be brought up. I'm not trying to discredit the Bulls butCAKE. getting rid of Jerome James for Larry Hughes, who fills a 2-spot than an occupied spot like Tim Thomas (with Gallinari, Lee andHarrington ahead of him) is better for us.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I really want to know what need Larry filled, because looking at your roster what does he do that no other player does? Not to mention he really a cancer. Withthe amount of Guards you guys have... Its only a matter of time until you find out first hand. It'll be similiar to the situation with Stephon.

Y'all keep throwing your record out there like it means something come playoff time. If Shaq would've sent to the Cavs, it definitely would haveallowed them to compete more with the Celtics. Holding on to Wally's contract made no sense. Cavs need to have that win now mentality because if theydon't win by 2010, Lebron is going to have an easier decision to make when deciding between NY and Cleveland.

I look at the open roster spot as the biggest deal, Pat Ewing Jr. may finally be brought up. I'm not trying to discredit the Bulls but CAKE. getting rid of Jerome James for Larry Hughes, who fills a 2-spot than an occupied spot like Tim Thomas (with Gallinari, Lee and Harrington ahead of him) is better for us.

Alright I guess. I thought Q played the 2 for y'all?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I look at the open roster spot as the biggest deal, Pat Ewing Jr. may finally be brought up. I'm not trying to discredit the Bulls but CAKE. getting rid of Jerome James for Larry Hughes, who fills a 2-spot than an occupied spot like Tim Thomas (with Gallinari, Lee and Harrington ahead of him) is better for us.

he plays it but he's more of a 3 with the way he bulked up.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Mostly cuz we didn't have a true 2 to play. I'd rather have Q come off the bench anyway, with Q/Harrington starting, there's no"shooter" on the bench.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

I guess Miami is stuck with Quinn at backup pg.
smh.gif
sick.gif
tell me about it will..... where is livingston at??/ iwould rather have him play then quinn.... again spo blew the game for us last night....

Livingston only played 4 games for the Heat this year and then got waived. The Heat could've given him more of a chance. Feel sad for dude trying hard toreturn to play.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by WILLINC

I guess Miami is stuck with Quinn at backup pg.
smh.gif
sick.gif
tell me about it will..... where is livingston at??/ i would rather have him play then quinn.... again spo blew the game for us last night....

Buyouts might get us a pg or Shaun.

Back
Top Bottom