Official NBA2K12 Thread Vol: CODE FOR JORDAN SHOES IS..........23

sooo many turnovers
sick.gif

this game isn't even fun anymore

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I am pretty sure that the majority of turnovers you make a human error and making bad passes.

i'm not even talking about turnovers on passes
the ball popping loose while dribbling, or any little contact

I am pretty sure that the majority of turnovers you make a human error and making bad passes.

got this game yesterday, I dont even know why i got it though. So far I like it, not much improvement from 2K11 though.

got this game yesterday, I dont even know why i got it though. So far I like it, not much improvement from 2K11 though.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

So do you feel you should have control over when you do and don't turn the ball over. Think about what you are asking for here. What exactly are you asking for?

So do you feel you should have control over when you do and don't turn the ball over. Think about what you are asking for here. What exactly are you asking for?

???  i'm saying it seems like the players lose control of the ball too often and unjustly since the patch
it seems to me like steals and those types of turnovers happen way more now

???  i'm saying it seems like the players lose control of the ball too often and unjustly since the patch

2k is mud butt buns. All of operation sports dedicated to tweaking sliders for decent game play. Ea sports, madden is mud butt buns too.

2k is mud butt buns. All of operation sports dedicated to tweaking sliders for decent game play. Ea sports, madden is mud butt buns too.

The turnovers seem to be worse post patch for me.

I take excellent care of the ball too. On Hall of Fame...I went from averaging 7 to's/game to damn near 13. The CPU RARELY gets called for reaching.

I take excellent care of the ball too. On Hall of Fame...I went from averaging 7 to's/game to damn near 13. The CPU RARELY gets called for reaching.

Dont hit turbo or you will get stripped or run into a teammate and lose the ball.... 
Dont turbo in to your team mates.... 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 of course your gonna lose the ball......

Dont hit turbo or you will get stripped or run into a teammate and lose the ball.... 
Dont turbo in to your team mates.... 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 of course your gonna lose the ball......

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Hold right trigger, that puts ur guard up.
And one thing about 2k games is when you pass, if the person you're passing to is moving w.o the ball the pass will either go to where he is moving to or to the next closest guy.  It's just a matter of knowing how to play basketball correctly.  Bad outlet passes or passes across the court will most likely be picked off, and if ur not protecting the ball it most likely will get stolen.  I used to turn the ball over a lot myself in 2k games, but once I started playing ball myself I got a lot better at the game.  Oh and stop pressing turbo so much too ur more liable to turn the ball over if ur mashing turbo all day.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Hold right trigger, that puts ur guard up.
And one thing about 2k games is when you pass, if the person you're passing to is moving w.o the ball the pass will either go to where he is moving to or to the next closest guy.  It's just a matter of knowing how to play basketball correctly.  Bad outlet passes or passes across the court will most likely be picked off, and if ur not protecting the ball it most likely will get stolen.  I used to turn the ball over a lot myself in 2k games, but once I started playing ball myself I got a lot better at the game.  Oh and stop pressing turbo so much too ur more liable to turn the ball over if ur mashing turbo all day.

sooo many turnovers
sick.gif

Some keys to limit your turnovers when it comes to passing turnovers.

1. Make sure you don't make passes to the opposite direction in which you are moving. Example, if I am driving right (from the top of the key), it is a bad pass if I decide to pass the ball to someone on the left wing.

2. Facing the receiver in which you are passing the ball to. This kind of ties into #1. Make sure you are actually facing the person you are making the pass to.

3. Use ball fakes. Fake a pass, to make a pass. Especially vs. another human. You know how thirsty those dudes are online.

4. Do no pass the ball across two zones. If I am backcourt (to the right side of the court), it is a foolish pass to pass the ball to someone that is in front of the halfcourt like on the left hand side of the court. That is a long pass to make. Dribble over to shorter the distance of the pass.

5. Shorten the length of your passes. Dribble closer to the teammate to reduce the chances of a defender getting a hand on it.

6. Allow your receiver to finish his cut before you make the pass. I know you have seen the animation in which the ball is thrown behind the person you are passing to. Well that is because he wasn't finish his cut. Allow the man to finish his cut or at least wait until he is just about finished.

7. Know who you are passing it with and who you are passing it to. (Ratings)

8. Limit your oop attempts.

sooo many turnovers
sick.gif

Some keys to limit your turnovers when it comes to passing turnovers.

1. Make sure you don't make passes to the opposite direction in which you are moving. Example, if I am driving right (from the top of the key), it is a bad pass if I decide to pass the ball to someone on the left wing.

2. Facing the receiver in which you are passing the ball to. This kind of ties into #1. Make sure you are actually facing the person you are making the pass to.

3. Use ball fakes. Fake a pass, to make a pass. Especially vs. another human. You know how thirsty those dudes are online.

4. Do no pass the ball across two zones. If I am backcourt (to the right side of the court), it is a foolish pass to pass the ball to someone that is in front of the halfcourt like on the left hand side of the court. That is a long pass to make. Dribble over to shorter the distance of the pass.

5. Shorten the length of your passes. Dribble closer to the teammate to reduce the chances of a defender getting a hand on it.

6. Allow your receiver to finish his cut before you make the pass. I know you have seen the animation in which the ball is thrown behind the person you are passing to. Well that is because he wasn't finish his cut. Allow the man to finish his cut or at least wait until he is just about finished.

7. Know who you are passing it with and who you are passing it to. (Ratings)

8. Limit your oop attempts.

Back
Top Bottom