Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

^I have a wider foot so I go up a half size and lace them loose, so I find myself sliding a bit when balancing on logs..

Last edited:
call me crazy, but i prefer the 997GY vs the navy. would anybody happen to know of any spots that still have a 9.5/10 in stock under retail?

call me crazy, but i prefer the 997GY vs the navy. would anybody happen to know of any spots that still have a 9.5/10 in stock under retail?
I don't know where you can find them for below retail, but sportszoneelite has 9 and up in the grey.

I prefer the grey as well now that I have seen enough pics of both, they are my next purchase.

Last edited:
I don't know where you can find them for below retail, but sportszoneelite has 9 and up in the grey.

I prefer the grey as well now that I have seen enough pics of both, they are my next purchase.

yeah, sports zone is based in my area. ive seen the grey in person a few times and i told myself i'll wait until the navy drops in order to make my decision. i dont really wanna spend $400 on nbs for 2 pairs of grs. i didnt realize that i would end up liking the grey more and now im tryna track them down. go figure haha.

^^^^^
997gy with navy shirt I rocked a couple of weeks ago ! You don't need the navy's plus the GY look so much fresher. That color bring the details of the 997s more if it makes any sense to you guys
Gy :smokin

yep gray over navy for me, I have the 990 in navy as well and I think it does it more justice. The pebble tongue is better on the gray 997 than navy

Does anybody own a pair of the 998 J. Crew Inferno's? I'm debating whether or not to pull the trigger...I wanna get someone's opinion who actually own the shoe or seen 'em in person.

Last edited:
Does anybody own a pair of the 998 J. Crew Inferno's? I'm debating whether or not to pull the trigger...I wanna get someone's opinion who actually own the shoe or seen 'em in person.

Currently rocking my pair. Personally my favorite jcrew NB collab. I wouldn't pay 200 for them though considering how many other nice new balances are releasing in the near future. Quality like usual is on point. Great shoe and I don't regret paying retail for em. If you find it under retail even if they're VNDS, do it lol

Currently rocking my pair. Personally my favorite jcrew NB collab. I wouldn't pay 200 for them though considering how many other nice new balances are releasing in the near future. Quality like usual is on point. Great shoe and I don't regret paying retail for em. If you find it under retail even if they're VNDS, do it lol

Thanks. Does the red pop like in the pictures though?

I think so, the red is pretty vibrant and the purple is a bit more subtle than I had anticipated, but that's a good thing.

Thanks. Does the red pop like in the pictures though?
they have a red/orange suede tone compared to the ROs. really nice . i'd say they have a nice pop to them. definitely worth retail

this. had to grab two at that price.
i was monitoring the site to lock in pairs at that $160 price. at midnight eastern it still wasnt up. checked 15 minutes later, still nothing. not sure when exactly when it went up, but an hour and a half after that, i checked again and there was a FSR except 7.5 and 8 were gone. they were in stock hours later though so i dunno what the deal was.
where did you scoop all those pairs for the low? factory outlet store? or a random. just want to be sure you didn't get caught with fakes. they make fakes in all those pairs you listed.
Sorry it took awhile and yea I got them from the factory store all for 50 or less and no flaws on any of them!

i personally like mine a lot, the red really pops. i wouldnt pay over retail for them though. 

thinking about getting either pebble blues, saint alfred 1500s, or the nice kicks 1600s.  Can only get 1, maybe two pairs.  Anyone got any info on anything that may lead/stray me away from getting one of them?

thinking about getting either pebble blues, saint alfred 1500s, or the nice kicks 1600s.  Can only get 1, maybe two pairs.  Anyone got any info on anything that may lead/stray me away from getting one of them?
not a fan of saint Alfred you can't go wrong with pebble blues usa made great quality.

Pebble Blues. Made in USA.

What size are you? There's a dude selling a sz 11 inferno for $120 in FB group

Anybody know how much teal 1300s will retail at? SNS has them for 210 shipped was wondering if that's too much to save a future headache

Anybody know how much teal 1300s will retail at? SNS has them for 210 shipped was wondering if that's too much to save a future headache
It's going to be a GR, just like the 998BTs were. You see those on eBay now for like $150 shipped or even lower. Be patient...which is easier said than done haha

Back
Top Bottom