Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

My oh my.

I'm liking those M998CEL's, M998DO's, and M997CCF's. For the ML997DBR's, is that brown and blue? Not sure how I feel about that color combination, the 996 pair that is peeking under the ML997DBR though, will be purchased.

Great post, curious where you got these pictures from?

Walter..
Was at the local NB store chatting with the manager who let me look through the catalogs for fall/winter 14 and spring 15.  The 996 pair is the same one posted one page back, must have.

Wow, there's some nice stuff here...where did you see this? And what are all the shoes that are cut off? I'm a fan of the ML997DBR, M997DTE, M997CCF, M998CEL, and the M996CPS.
The shoes that were cut off are the M996DGY in the first pic and I cannot remember which connoisseur collection 1300 it was on the second pic, memory is bad right now

Whats up with those prices (the ones circled in red)?

85 for stockists? and then 169.95 for public?

Also seems like 998s are getting 10 usd expensive... at this ratio: 200 usd by 2018 :S
imukat basically hit the nail on the head, wholesale price is given to all the NB stores placing an order for their own inventory.  The MTO is the made to order pairs that can be purchased by consumers, which is what the manager seemed a bit hazy on, will need to follow up with him on that one however.

Wholesale price is 50% of the MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price) for 95% of the cases in US fashion industry.

Some brands set the wholesale price for 40-45% of retail price and I don't think I've ever seen any brands offering wholesale price for more than 55% of MSRP.

People these days (including myself of course) usually wait to buy until something goes on sale or use coupon code so I think it's a fair pricing.

These joints look amazing. What are the chances that code will still work when these drop? Can you use it on a preorder?
Where'd you find this pic man, I've never seen it! And tbh the code might work on them, I just wouldn't risk it. And JCrew isn't taking preorders for these. 

These joints look amazing. What are the chances that code will still work when these drop? Can you use it on a preorder?

Very nice, this is the picture I was waiting to see. They look great.

I think the code just might work.

Walter..

I may be one of the few but I think those Brown/Navy 997's are one of, if not the best pair previewed in that catalog.

I am disappoint they will retail for 260 like the PR's though. Will have to play the waiting game again...

Oh brother the concrete jungles just turned into a must cop! Looking very good! So it is confirmed that there will be no pre-orders?

Got an email from J Crew

"24-hour sneak peek"

Anyone else get this email?

Walter..

Last edited:
I did-- they said to call 18002617422 to reserve your pair. I'ma try the 50 off code and report back. Hang tight

just called can reserve a pair they will be shipped out on the 17th . just not sure which size to buy pebble blues had to go with sz 9 n the independence day a 8.5 . also if you wasnt emailed about the concrete jungles you cant reserve a pair

so here's the update: I got a legit email and they told me I wasn't on their list. lady was kinda rude and said oh well. I called back-- got another lady-- she asked me to forward the email to her... and then when it was taking a few minutes-- she just had me read it (for those who didn't get the email, you would've been just fine at this point). She proceeded to do my pre-order. Exempt from promo codes... but I'm sure you could negotiate it if you got it like that.

^^ same here

I wasn't on the "list" either, yet I received the email. I proceeded to ask to speak with a supervisor/manager. After a long wait, I offered to forward the email I received and finally got my order completed. No discount codes though.
Lady I mainly spoke with was very kind and professional.

Walter..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom