Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

any fellow nb nters located near a new balance outlet and is willing to help me out? seems like my location in new york is horrible when it comes to any stores that sell the higher end new balance shoes. a member said his local had the authors for 70 dollars. 

looking for a 9.5 if anyone ever sees them for close to that price and is wiling to help out! much appreciated 

Those BGT are a grail I've accepted I'll never own. Those and the red Finals Solebox pair are :pimp: :pimp:

Those BGT are a grail I've accepted I'll never own. Those and the red Finals Solebox pair are :pimp: :pimp:

I remember when I first got into NB and saw that pair for the first time. Figured I'd cop a pair of eBay and my jaw dropped when I saw the pricing haha

Hopefully other spots gets them in and goes on sale, these are :pimp:

Last edited:
what do you guys think about the khaki/camo 580 or the 580 in general?
Well I have the mt580 capsule. 580's have a stiff *** sole and the least comfortable of my NBs. Asides from the 580s, I only have 997s, tried on some 998s and 1600s. Of course 997/998 is more $$ so its a little more comfortable. Not sure about the khaki colorway, if its the urban camo those look nice and I'm not really into camo shoes. Also, the 580 is a little bulky looking from top down and doesn't look good with my current pair of jeans (Samurai s710xx) so I don't wear em a lot. I don't cuff/pinroll either so...I also have flat feet, so that might increase my discomfort.

what do you guys think about the khaki/camo 580 or the 580 in general?
It has a wide toebox, I have wide feet so I like the toe room but the shape is not as "sleek" as other models. I say half a size down from your tts or preferably go find somewhere that might have a pair for you to try on as you might like your fit to be a certain way, snug, roomy, etc.

The khaki camo 580 that you are talking about is cool, reminds me of the ball and buck 574 pairs that released a year or more ago.

Special Edition 990 Cobblestone available for pre-sale with J Crew.  Releasing early March.
Don't know where you got this information that they're available for pre-sale, but I e-mailed a J Crew rep and they said they have no knowledge of this silhouette. Can't find anything on these anywhere. 

Last edited:

hey NB bros

looking to buy my first pair of NB's. Got a dude seeling Tannerys for 280, is that a cool price? VNDS worn <2x. I'm feeling like I can get better but then again I don't really know my NB game too much. any help appreciated fam.
def 250 or lower….stall him out dee-bo, make him sweat fer that ticket

Well I have the mt580 capsule. 580's have a stiff *** sole and the least comfortable of my NBs. Asides from the 580s, I only have 997s, tried on some 998s and 1600s. Of course 997/998 is more $$ so its a little more comfortable. Not sure about the khaki colorway, if its the urban camo those look nice and I'm not really into camo shoes. Also, the 580 is a little bulky looking from top down and doesn't look good with my current pair of jeans (Samurai s710xx) so I don't wear em a lot. I don't cuff/pinroll either so...I also have flat feet, so that might increase my discomfort.
I never pinrolled either but I might try it with these. I like all the models you mentioned and also the 999 is like my favorite. The mt580 is dope as well I would definitely wear those. I'm just starting out with nb so I guess I have to learn thanks for the input

It has a wide toebox, I have wide feet so I like the toe room but the shape is not as "sleek" as other models. I say half a size down from your tts or preferably go find somewhere that might have a pair for you to try on as you might like your fit to be a certain way, snug, roomy, etc.

The khaki camo 580 that you are talking about is cool, reminds me of the ball and buck 574 pairs that released a year or more ago.
Thanks for the help I think I'll be happy I went tts I just looked up the ball and buck 574 those are nice too im just getting into nb so I'll be watching this thread and looking for steals I find myself avoiding the hype and maturing seeking comfort and individuality with nb. There was no hype with my first pair

Thanks for the help I think I'll be happy I went tts I just looked up the ball and buck 574 those are nice too im just getting into nb so I'll be watching this thread and looking for steals I find myself avoiding the hype and maturing seeking comfort and individuality with nb. There was no hype with my first pair
right on man, if you ever need sizing questions or a store list, check my signature, there's a post with sizing and a store list (which both probably need to be updated) but yeah at the end of the day, it's your money and what you'll be wearing.

All said and done, CNCPTS customer service has proven to be pretty good this time round - they offered me a refund of shipping, customs and duty for my order as a means to apologise for the checkout total fiasco for international orders - so effectively I got them shipped over to the UK free with no customs.  
glasses.gif

Don't know where you got this information that they're available for pre-sale, but I e-mailed a J Crew rep and they said they have no knowledge of this silhouette. Can't find anything on these anywhere. 

Maybe an item # would help? # co647.

womy to be exactly, but anyway... NB x nonnative cm997hnn
All said and done, CNCPTS customer service has proven to be pretty good this time round - they offered me a refund of shipping, customs and duty for my order as a means to apologise for the checkout total fiasco for international orders - so effectively I got them shipped over to the UK free with no customs.  8)

how did you manage this? i'm still waiting for a proper reply regarding the flaws on my pair and the customs fiasco...

btw: womfy :wink:

how did you manage this? i'm still waiting for a proper reply regarding the flaws on my pair and the customs fiasco...

+1 My gray laces looks like this

and they told me via Twitter that i should got only the orange ones. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
To be honest it was a little unexpected - I merely wrote them a polite email asking whether it might be possible to cancel the order and after they were shipped, they offered me a refund without being asked.  I got lucky I guess.  No flaws or anything on my pair - I would def push for some kind of refund if I were you guys though.

+1 My gray laces looks like this

and they told me via Twitter that i should got only the orange ones. 
mean.gif

post a picture on your IG, tag DeonPoint and let him know, there was an issue with some person with their 997 order and he got it fixed asap.

Last edited:
i'm trying for two weeks now. after several meaningless answers on twitter and one totally bs answer to three emails i sent, they finally started replying to my twitter posts a few minutes back. we'll see what happens.

it seems like my photos on twitter did the trick for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom