Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

998 customs were spoken about by employees at the actual store that handles the 574/990/993 customs. they said this summer, which could still be a couple months away. exciting to hear it's possibly this week.

Did anyone manage to grab the Concepts x NB 574? I don't remember seeing it here...I also haven't seen any pairs on the secondary market. What's resale look like for a size 13?

Did anyone manage to grab the Concepts x NB 574? I don't remember seeing it here...I also haven't seen any pairs on the secondary market. What's resale look like for a size 13?

I grabbed a pair. supposedly there were only like 96 pairs or something, which would explain why theres nothing on the resell market. Also they were just a concepts exclusive, not an actual collab

Last edited:
i just hope nb has good customization not like nike where one thing is stopping from creating great iDs

I grabbed a pair. supposedly there were only like 96 pairs or something, which would explain why theres nothing on the resell market. Also they were just a concepts exclusive, not an actual collab
And apparently, they didn't make a size 13 
eyes.gif
 oh well! On to other pairs.

when people refer to reshaping the toe box, how do you do that?
Basically, the quick and dirty way is to put a damp/wet washcloth over the toe and make passes over it with a decently hot iron. There are plenty of YouTube tutorials out there. Some outcomes look pretty good, others don't, and I've heard varying results on whether it's a permanent fix or temporary, and occasionally some color damage to the material. I've never personally tried it though, so this is all secondhand.

Ok so I got my first ever pairs of 1300, 997 and 998 today in my true size 12 (got wide feet too). Love all three in terms of aesthetics and comfort, but the 998s have got to be some of the most comfortable shoes I have ever put on. I am seriously impressed. 

Might just be in love.

Ok so I got my first ever pairs of 1300, 997 and 998 today in my true size 12 (got wide feet too). Love all three in terms of aesthetics and comfort, but the 998s have got to be some of the most comfortable shoes I have ever put on. I am seriously impressed. 

Might just be in love.
Welcome :smokin

@kinggeorge5273  called today about the hilltop blues twice. I asked about them and the two "very personal stylists" I spoke to seemed clueless. I guess maybe it's a luck of the draw. Hopefully whoever I get on the phones tomorrow, will be able to help me out. I'm glad to hear about your update though, it gives me hope.

Might just be in love.
glad the size works and you dont have to return em

So unbelievable that cats will drop the kinda cash new balances cost and do these reshaping experiments. Seems like if you not feeling the shape of a particular model you would just refrain from buying it. It really sounded stupid hearing someone trying to reshape the 1300jp2. Especially at a $300 price tag.

So unbelievable that cats will drop the kinda cash new balances cost and do these reshaping experiments. Seems like if you not feeling the shape of a particular model you would just refrain from buying it. It really sounded stupid hearing someone trying to reshape the 1300jp2. Especially at a $300 price tag.
If you're referring to Clark he won that pair so it was FOC.

He's pretty fearless when it comes to customizing anyway so i wouldn't put it past him to not blink twice in reshaping the jp2s.

Back
Top Bottom