Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

omg a customizable 998? what? seriously?...... could it really be true or just speculation

Well, nothing confirmed by NB so far but a trusted friend did tell me about two months ago that the 998 would be available for customization this summer..and now -murkystilo- -murkystilo- confirmed it.

Maybe they both got the info from the same source, idk, but maybe not. But this isn't the first time I'm hearing about it :pimp:

Walter..

Well, nothing confirmed by NB so far but a trusted friend did tell me about two months ago that the 998 would be available for customization this summer..and now -murkystilo- -murkystilo- confirmed it.

Maybe they both got the info from the same source, idk, but maybe not. But this isn't the first time I'm hearing about it :pimp:

Walter..

I totally hope this is true.
NB would make a killing.
I would probably order multiple pairs right off the bat. So many possibilities!

I wonder if the custom 998 thing would be for a limited time or till they sold a certain number? I mean it would be dope if it was just another model added to the custom portion of the site permanently but for some reason i doubt that would happen. It would really hurt 998 sales in general if you could just make whatever you wanted whenever you wanted. Just my thoughts here...

I totally hope this is true.
NB would make a killing.
I would probably order multiple pairs right off the bat. So many possibilities!

Honestly, I'm staying very far away from NB.com when they become available. I will quickly go broke if I merely take a peek. But man, I'm very intrigued with what options will be available.

I wonder if the custom 998 thing would be for a limited time or till they sold a certain number? I mean it would be dope if it was just another model added to the custom portion of the site permanently but for some reason i doubt that would happen. It would really hurt 998 sales in general if you could just make whatever you wanted whenever you wanted. Just my thoughts here...

Or do you think that NB would just release fewer and fewer 998 GR's? Those models available for customization now don't really get a lot of GR releases, so could that possibly happen to the 998? I sure hope not, the 998 is my favorite NB model, and for a while now my favorite sneaker model/style period. Could this be the end of grabbing 998 GR's on discount? :x

Walter..

This is a good point. They would pretty much have to stop making 998 GR's forever because for just $30 more you could make your own. I think the 998 ID thing will be available for about a month.

Hey guys could i get a legit check on these?

toe looks a little bulbous, and the logo looks a little wonky to me, but i suck when it comes to identifying fake NBs..

toe looks a little bulbous, and the logo looks a little wonky to me, but i suck when it comes to identifying fake NBs..
oozing with fakeness

Im tempted to call NB and ask them about the custom 998s, anyone do that yet?

First red flag..these are "998GNR's". That's the model # on the tongue tag for a completely different cw. And they look horrendous. Definitely don't buy.

EDIT: By horrendous, I mean: terrible overall shape and toe box is bad, the "N" logo is rounded no sharp clean edges, it appears the absorb portion of the midsole has creases which shouldn't happen, the midsole doesn't seem to be in two pieces, and the tongue tag doesn't match the shoe.

Walter..

Last edited:
Wow, fake GNRs...

no026.gif

Just called them, rep on the phone had no clue and just told me to be on the email list for any information. This 998 custom business might be a big tease, my hopes aren't too high 
@-Murkystilo-  was totally ******* with us. 

Late friday night info = tipsy **** with NT rumor haha

Back
Top Bottom