Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

anybody have blank canvas/silhouette of the 998 for Photoshopping?!?! i need to get ideas down before it disappears hahaha... like someone said earlier, a lot of shoes just took a backseat

IDK what it is about these but they don't look good to me at all. Brown blue and red just aren't colors what work well. I'm sure on feet shots will change my mind a bit but hey, it's J.Crew I guess.

I ain't feeling em either. I thought similarly about the colors. It still reminds me of Oshkosh b'gosh for some reason. But I'm excited for the 998 and hoping for 997.

Last edited:
good to hear about the custom 998s, but you already know they gonna do something lame like give you like 3 colours to choose from lol (hope not obviously).

Hilltop Blues are sold out... Emailed jcrew and they replied today and their response suggested they were completely sold out... Hope that isn't the case

996 customs also coming with the 998s. 990 and 993 are gonna be taken down next week

Also the same bird told me that 997 and 1400 are schedule for next year
tumblr_inline_nactl4fHUt1s6lw3t.gif

996 customs also coming with the 998s. 990 and 993 are gonna be taken down next week

Also the same bird told me that 997 and 1400 are schedule for next year

Damn! The 996 is such a great base for customizing. This is going to be an expensive summer.

It looks like NB is taking notice of their bigger sellers within the classics.

I'd love to see Flimby follow suit. 1500's would be up there with 998's for me.

Hilltop Blues are sold out... Emailed jcrew and they replied today and their response suggested they were completely sold out... Hope that isn't the case
i emailed them as well. my "personal stylist" is ready to take my order.

I mean I'm a little emotional this morning. But this is happening, it's really happening. And the 1400 and 997 down the line sweet fancy Moses! Remember ebates guys, we're all gonna need it.

I do think that with the 998 becoming available for customization, the era of buying 998 GR's may as well be over.

Like with the 990, when it was available for customization, we rarely saw any GR's release in that model.

With NB GR's being as great as they are, I'm not sure I'm a big fan of that happening. The 998 is my favorite silhouette, and I love grabbing their GR's on awesome discounts.

What do you guys think on this little theory of mine? I hope it won't be so.

Walter..

Wow... It seems it's luck of the draw whoever answers your email...

Maybe...or you could be different sizes?
I do think that with the 998 becoming available for customization, the era of buying 998 GR's may as well be over.

Like with the 990, when it was available for customization, we rarely saw any GR's release in that model.

With NB GR's being as great as they are, I'm not sure I'm a big fan of that happening. The 998 is my favorite silhouette, and I love grabbing their GR's on awesome discounts.

Walter..
I could see this definitely happening but how i see it is would i rather have 5 pairs of GRs or 3 pairs of customs for about the same price. Id side with the customs 
happy.gif

Walter..
I completely agree... I'm very disappointed that they are introducing an ID option for the 998 and possibly the 997... as you said, there wasn't a lot of 990 releases and I imagine this will be the same the 998, I certainly can't imagine more collabs on the 998

I never asked to order a particular size, I just asked if it was possible to pre-order them...

I could see this definitely happening but how i see it is would i rather have 5 pairs of GRs or 3 pairs of customs for about the same price. Id side with the customs :D

That's the thing too, you and I both know the majority of us instead of buying 5 pairs of GR's, we'll end up buying 5 pairs of customs :rofl:

Which is why, in the meantime, I'm staying clear of NB's website when the 998 becomes available hahaha

But let's admit, NB GR's at times are better than NB and other brands collabs. I will miss their 998 GR's, even with customs at our fingertips.

Walter..

Last edited:

Walter..

I don't think they'll discontinue the production of GR 998's at all. They still produce a fair amount of 990's and made in USA 574's along with the option to create your own.

990's have never been high on the release schedule as far as an overabundance of colorways.

I think they might tone it down a bit but definitely not discontinue. I'm still looking forward to grabbing 998 GR's with the discount.

With that said- aside from the upcoming Concepts 4th of July rumored release- I don't think there will be too many future 998 collabs due to the general public having their own access.

Last edited:
I completely agree... I'm very disappointed that they are introducing an ID option for the 998 and possibly the 997... as you said, there wasn't a lot of 990 releases and I imagine this will be the same the 998, I certainly can't imagine more collabs on the 998

It truly is a blessing and a curse for the 998 lovers. I too would prefer it not to happen, but I can't say I'm completely upset haha

As I told my friend when he told me the 998 custom was coming...this is the worst, most amazing news I've heard regarding sneakers in a long while. And true, possibly not many collabs.

I don't think the they'll discontinue the production of GR 998's at all. They still produce a fair amount of 990's and made in USA 574's along with the option to create your own.

990's have never been high on the release schedule as far as an overabundance of colorways.

I think they might tone it down a bit but definitely not discontinue. I'm still looking forward to grabbing 998 GR's with the discount.

With that said- aside from the upcoming Concepts 4th of July rumored release- I don't think there will be too many future 998 collabs due to the general public having their own access.

I agree on many of your points, let's hope so.
I am curious to see the concepts 998, I hope they're not underwhelming like their last two 997's. I just couldn't get with them.

Walter..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom