Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I think a first its gonna be all suede and you can pick NB logo and heel tab materials for both shoes (996 and 998) Then they are putting apecial options during the year for other materials like they did before. And yes RF is doing a 998 and something else

Too much good news in one day, my heart (and my wallet) can't take it anymore man.

So glad my bonus is coming in this month.

"Beginning June 8, the New Balance 998 will be available for customization via the brand's NB1 platform. Prices will range from $200-210 and will allow up to 16 different areas of the model to be personalized. Mesh, suede, and reflective textiles will be among the first material options offered, while materials like herringbone, nubuck, and Horween leather will be added seasonally."

via Complex

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Think of the potential in resale drop and call outs on "unauthorized" tannerys and c-notes. The entertainment level alone should be call for celebration.

I think 998 GRs will stick around. A couple of reasons being, 1) I think the general consumer would rather just buy a nice pair of shoes than go through the rigorous process of customizing a pair. And 2) Some people have a hard enough time picking clothes that match, let alone colors and material on shoes for $200+ a pop.

Generally agree^^^

Gonna wait till i see pics of the customs before ordering... Not gonna be paying $200+ for bananas just cause i can choose the color, 998 has been my favorite model but if 997GRs stay as good as they have I won't be too pressed on them (until the coupon codes come)

Last edited:
New balance is killing the Gaaaaaaammmmme!

Seriously though, they just won 2015 for sneakers. Give the Arthur Ashe award to New Balance, f*ck Caitlyn Jenner

I'm going to faint when I see this come live on the website. ugh. 

My only concern, all of those toe boxes look a little bulky and have wrinkles. I hope that isn't a thing 

Last edited:

I'm going to faint when I see this come live on the website. ugh. 

My only concern, all of those toe boxes look a little bulky and have wrinkles. I hope that isn't a thing 
Wouldn't worry about it, with how much toe push goes on now a days, they'll straighten out.

Hell, I've started to see shoes that literally look as if they're conformed to an umbrella and dudes are like "omg that 'shape'... 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom