Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Just out of curiousity...what model do you guys like better the 998 or the 997? 

For me 997 > 998

Contrary to some comments regarding quality, my favorite was the 998 EASILY- but as the shape has gotten ****tier and 997s only keep getting better, i lean more to 997 now, although it is basically a dead heat.

997 with leather liner though > everything

Last edited:
997 EASY.

It seems as though they asked a bunch of "tastemakers" to do up Custom pairs as a part of the marketing campaign... I've def seen dude that did those BLUES, and i'm pretty sure that's Adrien Ho (flyknit enthusiast/model) that did the rose gold pair a couple of pics/pages back. 

Curious to see how NB rolls this out...

Contrary to some comments regarding quality, my favorite was the 998 EASILY- but as the shape has gotten ****tier and 997s only keep getting better, i lean more to 997 now, although it is basically a dead heat.

997 with leather liner though > everything
The only 997 with a real leather liner is the luxury goods. The others are a vinyl type material

998 > 997 for me just because i love the shape a little more...what I reallllly would like is if New Balance started doing 997.5 again, i would officially give them all my money

For those interested in Hilltop blues still, despite the NB 998 customs, J. Crew is still taking orders (I saw people posting about them being "sold out"). I got rejected by the first 2 "Very personal stylists" but, the third time is a charm and I got through. Just figured I'd give a little source of encouragement for those who've been getting denied.

Also, personally, 998>997 but, it's just by a little bit.

Can't wait to see some of your guys 998 designs. I may need to make myself something similar to the Indys but with black accents. I'll probably wait to see some actual pairs and order in the second wave.

997 > 998 for me. The GY is so flawless. Leather lining is a huge favorite of mine too

Back
Top Bottom