Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

definitely looks like color blocking flexibility is limited, which would suck.  I guess you can only ask for so much when the turnaround is 2 days normally.
Wait until they see how many orders they're about to get, they'll be like uhhhh, 7 day turn around haha. Cannot wait.

Honestly i predict the site crashes when it first opens up if they start building up hype through all the different sneaker media outlets. Also might delay time it takes to get custom done so i feel like ya definiteley want to have an idea ready. I know I will
pimp.gif

I feel like the stripe on the midsole HAS to be available for color change, considering its almost always a accent color on GR's. Being only black would make no sense 

I feel like the stripe on the midsole HAS to be available for color change, considering its almost always a accent color on GR's. Being only black would make no sense 
I hope you're right, but every picture that's been posted, including the one you did, has the black stripe. Honestly, at this point I can't even be disappointed because custom 998s are now a thing for real. 

Last edited:

If it is only back at first, I'm sure they'll add more color options later.

Which I'm curious, I've never been interested in the 574 or the 990 customs but, when newer options were made available for customization, were the previous options removed or where they still available?

If they're still available, then I'd rather wait until more options are made available than what we get at first, that way we get the first options plus what is added down the line.

Now I imagine special materials such as denim are only available for a certain period of time, but in terms of colors, I don't see why they wouldn't just add onto previous options.

Walter..

Last edited:
Other companies need to take notice of what New balance is doing with their quality and they LISTEN TO THEIR CUSTOMERS. 

New balance want to listen to their customers they need to make this available in the EU and like someone said earlier gear up Flimby for customs as well.

We EU heads hungry and we want to eat at the custom table

I have only bought 1 pair of new balances this whole year

About to purchase a few pairs on the 8th :smokin

one tidbit no one has mentioned. first time the NB998 will be available in women's sizes!!

Hold up, Sneaker News is saying that Horween leather will be a future option?!  Son.  If it's the leather from the 998 Horween pack from last year, I already got some ideas for alternate colorways.  

Hold up, Sneaker News is saying that Horween leather will be a future option?!  Son.  If it's the leather from the 998 Horween pack from last year, I already got some ideas for alternate colorways.  
Erm...

"Beginning June 8, the New Balance 998 will be available for customization via the brand's NB1 platform. Prices will range from $200-210 and will allow up to 16 different areas of the model to be personalized. Mesh, suede, and reflective textiles will be among the first material options offered, while materials like herringbone, nubuck, and Horween leather will be added seasonally."

via Complex

Talking about Horween leather...

WHERE IS THE 997BTS?!? Lol

I definitely haven't forgotten about this pair. As amazing as this news with the 998 going custom is, I still want my 997BTS pair. I've been waiting since October >:

Walter..

Back
Top Bottom