Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Man, I need NB to go ahead and do some more customizable models. Vote is for 1500 or 996. Honestly, the 574s are my least favorite model.
dont count on the 1500 any time soon. remember these IDs are made in usa, and that's not a model not produced here.

If anyone can help with a 30th anniversary in a 9-10. I saw a 10 pop on Ebay but it was gone before I could get a response on my offer from the seller. Willing to pay, just can't even seem to locate them in the smaller sizes. I guess thats good that they ended up in hands that wanted them, but it's making my search frustrating!!

edit: another 10 went up on feebay, but 420 is a lil more then I wanted to spend. SMH. Patience....

Argh, My original account was lost in the transfer from YUKU, so my posts are not "moderated". We coulda used that feature a few years back! Not a new member, just dont post often. Appreciate the lookouts, I have no problem doing the same for others on ANY shoe, although 757 VA is like the backwoods compared to most major cities....

Last edited:
If anyone can help with a 30th anniversary in a 9-10. I saw a 10 pop on Ebay but it was gone before I could get a response on my offer from the seller. Willing to pay, just can't even seem to locate them in the smaller sizes. I guess thats good that they ended up in hands that wanted them, but it's making my search frustrating!!

edit: another 10 went up on feebay, but 420 is a lil more then I wanted to spend. SMH. Patience....
I will look out for you, be patient. I know in my size 13, I've seen them post for that much, then I've seen them for retail or close to from 180-240. I will keep any eye out for you fam

more 990s may pop up here and there. they havent even released everywhere yet. firmament (in berlin) is only dropping them tomorrow. although keep in mind, retail is more overseas so you cant exactly score as good of a deal had you managed to get them in the US/Canada. it does appear though that all the resellers scooped the tiny sizes and large sizes, and those are the ones sitting on ebay.

Last edited:
more 990s may pop up here and there. they havent even released everywhere yet. firmament (in berlin) is only dropping them tomorrow. although keep in mind, retail is more overseas so you cant exactly score as good of a deal had you managed to get them in the US/Canada. it does appear though that all the resellers scooped the tiny sizes and large sizes, and those are the ones sitting on ebay.
I copped an 11.5 in the 990s but theyre too big. Bought an 11 from my buddy so I have no need for the 11.5 anymore. Soooo... 
wink.gif

Man, I need NB to go ahead and do some more customizable models. Vote is for 1500 or 996. Honestly, the 574s are my least favorite model.
dont count on the 1500 any time soon. remember these IDs are made in usa, and that's not a model not produced here.

I think the 1300, 996, and 998 would be the next likely candidates for customization (since they're made in the US). I would prefer the 1300, but I think the 998 would be more likely since they bear the least resemblance to the 574. With that being said, I would hope that the addition of a new model would not mean the removal of the 574. I think it's important to remember that these are not the asian-made 574s seen everywhere. The shape and materials are head and shoulders above those. Regardless of the model, I think the greatest improvement which could be made is more freedom to customize the midsole and outsole, but I'm not holding my breath on this.

Good read. Thanks for the link.

Last edited:
I think the 1300, 996, and 998 would be the next likely candidates for customization (since they're made in the US). I would prefer the 1300, but I think the 998 would be more likely since they bear the least resemblance to the 574. With that being said, I would hope that the addition of a new model would not mean the removal of the 574. I think it's important to remember that these are the asian-made 574s seen everywhere. The shape and materials are head and shoulders above those. Regardless of the model, I think the greatest improvement which could be made is more freedom to customize the midsole and outsole, but I'm not holding my breath on this.
agree with you completely on all accounts, except for a major typo. i think you meant to say these are NOT the asian made versions of the 574 lol. big difference. i still cant believe so many people snap these up without question just because it's some kind of collab.

agree with you completely on all accounts, except for a major typo. i think you meant to say these are NOT the asian made versions of the 574 lol. big difference. i still cant believe so many people snap these up without question just because it's some kind of collab.

Haha, yeah. Repped for pointing out that typo. Thanks.

I'm really pleased with the one pair of custom 574s I've done so far and there are a few more I've designed which I'm anxious to order. Even with the recent price increase, I still think these are great value compared to NikeiD, especially considering the quality materials.

Last edited:
I will look out for you, be patient. I know in my size 13, I've seen them post for that much, then I've seen them for retail or close to from 180-240. I will keep any eye out for you fam
Son, Good looks. I want them to WEAR..they just look so comfortable and ooze quality. I hesitated for a second at that 180 tag and then they were gone. I def appreciate any heads up or lookouts, I dont mind spending extra, but I am not about that 3x the MSRP life, for ANY shoe. 

A buddy of mine has been looking for the 996DB in 8.5 for quite a while.  Yeah, the 12 on Feebay is $90, but the smaller sizes sell for a lot more.  He finally pulled the trigger for $180 plus shipping. :frown:   

Ok thnx man, I thought so.. 180 not bad :smile:

Good debate going on here. Misstep on the 1500s not being US. The point is I think they need to expand their offerings for customization. I have seen some nice custom 574s in-person, but I just can't get past the model. I agree that the 998 or 1300s would be likely candidates, but anything new would be welcomed. Plus some more color and material options.

The 574s are nice, but they definitely have better models.

And I received my Denim 996s today, and they are amazing. The quality on them is just spectacular and the comfort is ridiculous. I thought the 1300s were comfort, these are just great. And I'm a sucker for a blue shoe. I'm currently looking for some Denim 998s myself, no luck here either though.

'll finally buy my first pair of new balance

1300 GN

just wanted to know if they are durable and last a long time? I hope so, because they were very expensive.

Last edited:
They are expensive for a reason. You are paying for durable, craftsmen ship, and just overall better quality. It's really not that expensive especially when you feel that first pair and realize how great the shoe really is. And you picked a great number to start with; the 1300s are just amazing.

Great pick-up and welcome!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom