Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

yeah the made in the usa's will last you for a bit.  the non-usa ones will wear more.. but still they last for a good bit. youll find that different models of NB's last longer than others.. th 574's are the weakest in my opinion.. but the pair i have is going on 2 years.. I wear it the most out of my rotation.  order a 1/2 size down or whatever size you wear in jordans for your 1300's. they run a little  big.
'll finally buy my first pair of new balance

1300 GN

just wanted to know if they are durable and last a long time? I hope so, because they were very expensive.

CR20OFF
Here's a 20% coupon w/ free shipping above $100. They have markdowns on the burgundy 999 too.
thnx fam.  got me a my 2nd pair of the greyscale 996's for 86 bucks!  (thats $60 less than what I bought my first pair for..!)

Last edited:
The 574s are nice, but they definitely have better models.

And I received my Denim 996s today, and they are amazing. The quality on them is just spectacular and the comfort is ridiculous. I thought the 1300s were comfort, these are just great. And I'm a sucker for a blue shoe. I'm currently looking for some Denim 998s myself, no luck here either though.
996's are easily the most comfortable NB... they just dont release many colorways in them.. Other than those Denims, Greyscale's, and the Face Off 3's....  1300's come in a close second for me.. with the 999's trailing in third.    Thats a ranking in the comfort scale not the aesthetic scale.

P.S... if you like blue, you should peep the 1300NR

Last edited:
How do the 998s fit? Comfort and size-wise? I'm really wanting to get those hunter greens but I don't know if a half-size down will fit me.

Found a pair on feebay awhile back, talked dude down to roughly 300. But I couldnt, I dont even like them that much, just wanted to see where my haggle skills are lmao

I know the buyer on feebay with a 13 that is marked at 600 
mean.gif
 may be talked down, I chatted with him about another listing and talked him down a bit.
Yeah I tried before but it still didn't get anywhere near a realistic price.

I agree though, they're nice and I want a pair, but $300 is too much. Now to list them for $600......
roll.gif

How do the 998s fit? Comfort and size-wise? I'm really wanting to get those hunter greens but I don't know if a half-size down will fit me.
TTS.  worse comes to worse, stick with your gut.. you can always exchange them (if you buy from a reptuable place, if they are on sale... places like those usually will grant your exchange @ the sale's price..)  luckily, there are alot of 998's floating around.. never have a problem with getting a pair of NB's.. everywhere has them on site, yet Ive never seen anyone wear the same pair as me around where I live.

P.S.  the gry60 has a code and a site up here where you can get the 998's @ 20% off, which comes to around 85 w/ free shipping.. 

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help with the 998s guys. In return I give you holabird sports, some random running shoe site. They have basically a full size run of 1300CLs for below retail. They also have several other cws in full or partial size runs, including the 1300DBs, again for $130. Also have the red 1600s for $110, and the 996GS for a small discount. 

http://www.holabirdsports.com/new-balance-1300-cl-men.html

If ANYONE can help me get the Ball and Buck Collab in a 13 at the in-store release let me know.  I missed out online.  Also if anyone knows where I can find the first pair DM me.  Thanks!

The 990s are going to release more here soon. They haven't been released at all the spots yet, at least that's what I'm hearing.

Kip - I heard that a while back too.... Nice Kicks and a couple of other spots supposedly still had their shipments of the 990 Anniversary coming. I think one or more of those spots 'back doored' their pairs to resellers though because now Nice Kicks at least denies they had/will get them. The navy blue color way will be a wider release though. I think the grey ones will be increasingly hard to get in DS condition, especially in the 8 - 10 size range. Not tone a hype east, but if anyone wants them and doesn't have them, I personally would grab them now.

Wow I either missed it when I was asleep or cant find it. Link? Larger sizes can be found, but 9-10 are a problem. If they are releasing the Navy pair thats good news. I don't care about the "limited numbers", the retro just looks so well done and comfortable.

Idk, I'm just not feeling those 990s. I know, I know, they're classic, extremely limited, quality, etc. Just something about the shape throws me off. 

Wow those sz 10s on the bay either sold while I was asleep or i am not seeing them. Link? I may have to settle for the navy pair. I have made obscene (to me) offers on pairs and no dice.

Wow I either missed it when I was asleep or cant find it. Link? Larger sizes can be found, but 9-10 are a problem. If they are releasing the Navy pair thats good news. I don't care about the "limited numbers", the retro just looks so well done and comfortable.
dude those size 10 must have sold.. I checked it late last night... Only one up there @ size 10 is $399 now!!  If I were you, Id keep a close eye on it. Ill try to keep checking for you too.

Idk, I'm just not feeling those 990s. I know, I know, they're classic, extremely limited, quality, etc. Just something about the shape throws me off. 

the shape is suppose to be original to the OG pair... imo, thats something youll never see  NIKE do...   to many, the m990 will be one of the best releases of the year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom