Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

$30 increase for Custom 574s? Nope. Hopefully they'll notice the large decrease in custom orders and drop the price back down.

The main reason why I dont mess with NT heavy. Clown statements like this 
mean.gif
 Yall are obsessed with join dates and post counts and who has more shoes and is an OG and which shoe is better. Its all a buncha bs. Who cares? 

My join date is like 3 months ago and I have like 100 posts, but i can almost guarantee that i know more about kicks and have more/better/rarer shoes than 99% of the people on NT. But like I said, who gives a ****. Im not here to show off for other dudes. Its just not my thing. Im here for info and to share opinions and thoughts with other people- yall can have the rest. 

oh, and ive been on Niketalk for almost 5 years now. Had to use many different aliases over the years .... Not that it ****** matters
I was honestly joking....doesn't always relate well on here, although I don't see how you could take that statement as anything but?? I pop in this and a few other threads (mostly as a lurker) because the rest of NT has gotten out of hand the last few years or so. I lost my account in the YUKU mess and never followed up enough to get it restored...so I was only kidding. This thread has been one of the more informative/helpful ones. I sure don't want to be the one to have it go in the toilet.

Last edited:
people are spending THEIR money, on what THEY want

they will be the one wearing it, if they wanna buy the ugliest **** in the world or the most hyped up **** in the world, theyll do it with THEIR money.

its not a big deal, its NOT your money, so dont worry about what other people spend. 

not pointing fingers, just stating the reality. 

Feature is charging $165 for the 1300ER, those bammas are lunchin! It was cool for $130, any other places besides BNIB (sold out of my size)?

I was honestly joking....doesn't always relate well on here, although I don't see how you could take that statement as anything but?? I pop in this and a few other threads (mostly as a lurker) because the rest of NT has gotten out of hand the last few years or so. I lost my account in the YUKU mess and never followed up enough to get it restored...so I was only kidding. This thread has been one of the more informative/helpful ones. I sure don't want to be the one to have it go in the toilet.
You may have been joking (my bad for taking that the wrong way) but best believe that a LOT of Niketalk people care about join dates and sneaker collections. When the join dates/post counts got messed up, sooooo many people were biching. Go into the PE or air max thread and youll see how they treat people who havent been on NT for years. Ive posted crazy heat in all those threads, and nobody cares since i havent been here since 2003 or whatever. #TeamAMFamRejects #TeamPEthreadrejects 
nthat.gif

Sorry if i created a ****storm- i was just posting what i thought- no disrespect or bad feelings toward anybody. They're just sneakers guys, and this threrad tends to have some good people and respectful guys so i hate seeing this type of stuff (especially since i kinda started it). Anyways, its all love in here- Canvas and Kicks have both been around before their new screen names (myself as well)- so lets keep it positive, respectful, and moving in the right direction.
I think NB increased that ID price because they know for sure at this point that they can get away with it (especially with the mojitos, college pack and christmas pack of 574s, plus the newfound popularity where theyre gonna inspire customs and its obvious that people will pay that price). I would do a pair of 1300s or 1400s, or 996s- other than that, i dont think i would ID unless the options were a lot better
As far as the SB's- they look alright- but nothing exciting since i dont skate. The Nike dunk SBs were special to me because i love the model (dunks are a classic) and they added to the shoe with more comfort and stability- plus the price used to be relatively cheap (less than $85).
@ Canvas- id love to see you do a collecion post some day,i know you got some goods
tumblr_mea1glUPgB1rurv44.gif

Got a little carried away there.. 

A complete collection post? That would take a long time LOL (Ive got about 200 pairs.. haven't counted in a few months though) so I probably will never do that on NT, but i may post my new balance collection in here someday. I only have 30 pairs, so that would def be easier.

@canvas that was the point :wink:, I see how members (many of which n00bs themselves) go at post count join date etc. It goes on in all "forums" (car forums for sure) but it's always rather pointless. So it was a play on that. It's all love, its only sneaker talk on the internets haha. That YUKU thing was a mess but mainly because I was about to post some stuff for sale and I'm not much of a poster. Oh well!

I am the same way when posting pics. I don't think I ever have/ever will post any collection pics. Props to those who do though!

I'm still bummed I skipped out on the Denim Blue 996 and 998s. I absolutely love that color.

Hey guys Can u help me on sizing for the "burn rubber" mt580? The pair I found is a half size smaller then my normal size. Y'all think I can still fit them? Any help is appreciated, Thanks

hey solrac, for me personally, i'm typically a size 8.5 in most nb's (with a little bit of wiggle room in 999's, 576's, 577's)...but my size 8 mt580 burn rubbers (both blue and white collars) fit me perfect. i would recommend you sticking with your tts to be safe. there's a chance they may fit perfect for you a .5 size down from you normal size, but they might also be just barely too tight (unless you go barefoot or wear super-thin socks). assuming you can return them easily, i'd say go for the .5 size down...but if not, you may end up being stuck w/ a shoe that's just barely too small...

good luck!

Nordstrom's still has the 996's in stock! They originally had my size backordered until 1/22 but I just got my shipping info today. I can't wait to get them, I'm psyched I still found them for retail.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/new-bal...extualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=0

i'm tempted to pull the trigger on a pair of these denims in my size...but i'm gonna resist and wait for my atmos 996's arrive 1st, to see if my size 8.5 is indeed the proper size for me in 996's...

glad to hear you're gettin' yours sooner than you initially expected!

Those grey 1500's will be my first pair of 1500's. The prices on custom 574's 
indifferent.gif
,  make custom 996's an option and take all my $ then.
Same here, I never really was big into the 1500, but I'm really liking both those and the blue 1500's (M1500EBN) coming out... how does the 1500 compare to the 1300 fit and comfort-wise?

i remember those 990gy didnt sold out within the first day. many people didnt even bother about it. *shurgs* underrated ?

Splurged and got myself a christmas gift..these came from Japan last week but my office was closed, so I just got them yesterday...

Older release from 2008 

Hectic x Mita x NB MT580 "Breen"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom