Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

the thing that makes me paranoid, is that when i log onto the site, i get this "payment status missing" message. in the past when i've ordered from sns, i get a confirmation email immediately. i'm not gonna get my hopes too high though, as i wouldn't be surprised if my order gets cancelled. if that happens, i just want my money back asap...
good luck with your order man!

yes! i finally got an order confirmation email from sns today on the atmos order! and i can login fine to see that i have an order number and everything on the site now! *relief

I honestly think it's a better deal. 

On a side note. I really want those 996ER that are coming out in Feb.

well...i guess my thoughts/rationale on it is that the concords are an older release (not sure which year of yours you're givin' up). but when they released, they were retail for what...$180(?). the black pigeons retail was $230. so there's a difference of $50. what you're being asked for is $75 on top of your ds concords (so you'd technically be losin' out $25 in out of pocket expenses when comparing msrp). and on top of that, i'm not even sure if the black pigeons are ds or not (for your sake, i hope they are).

but yeah, other folks like kip2mylou does make a good point...these black pigeons won't ever be retro'd. other arguments could be that the black pigeons are made in vastly smaller quantities, higher quality (uk made vs. china made), etc., etc., etc.

and just to remind everyone...we're talkin' about the concords here. arguably one of the greatest sneakers worn by one of the greatest athletes of all time. don't get me wrong, i love's me my pair of black pigeons (one of my top if not the top new balance sneaker in my personal collection). but if i had a pair of ds concords in my collection...i personally don't think i could give them up in a trade for black pigeons (unless of course i had doubled up on the concords already). so yeah, i'm still stickin' w/ my previous "don't do it" sentiment.

ultimately though, it's whatever you feel is "fair" in a trade. and if you don't feel you'd regret not havin' your concords around anymore, but with black pigeons taking their place...then by all means...go for it...

just my 2 cents...

The 1300 is soooo much more comfortable then the 577 and 576 also although 576 is bit more comfy then 577. Both still have good fit, made in U.K. is good stuff too...

hey heartandsole, do you wear the same size in the 1300 as you do in the 577 and 576?

i also agree with you that the 576 is just a bit more comfy than the 577 (576 has a softer cushioned feel). still yet to pick up a 1300 silo though...wanted to make sure that if/when i do, i order the right size, as i disappointingly found out and am stuck with the 1500 model (both uk and china made ones) to run .5 size big/large for me personally.

thanks in advance!

well...i guess my thoughts/rationale on it is that the concords are an older release (not sure which year of yours you're givin' up). but when they released, they were retail for what...$180(?). the black pigeons retail was $230. so there's a difference of $50. what you're being asked for is $75 on top of your ds concords (so you'd technically be losin' out $25 in out of pocket expenses when comparing msrp). and on top of that, i'm not even sure if the black pigeons are ds or not (for your sake, i hope they are).
but yeah, other folks like kip2mylou does make a good point...these black pigeons won't ever be retro'd. other arguments could be that the black pigeons are made in vastly smaller quantities, higher quality (uk made vs. china made), etc., etc., etc.
and just to remind everyone...we're talkin' about the concords here. arguably one of the greatest sneakers worn by one of the greatest athletes of all time. don't get me wrong, i love's me my pair of black pigeons (one of my top if not the top new balance sneaker in my personal collection). but if i had a pair of ds concords in my collection...i personally don't think i could give them up in a trade for black pigeons (unless of course i had doubled up on the concords already). so yeah, i'm still stickin' w/ my previous "don't do it" sentiment.
ultimately though, it's whatever you feel is "fair" in a trade. and if you don't feel you'd regret not havin' your concords around anymore, but with black pigeons taking their place...then by all means...go for it...
just my 2 cents...
Yeah I understand your point. Deal fell through anyway.

Last edited:
Been a while...

@kip2mylou the top color is the 1300BG which released late last year. The 1300ER is the colorway you are referring to, which just released and is currently for sale at feature.

Last edited:
finally got my atmos. very pleased with them. the shoes really seem to like flash photography!

Last edited:
Can't these resellers stick to Nike/Jordan??!! First got a canx on my Adidas x Solebox Allegras and now a 9 and a 10 30th 990 pop up on feebay and sellers want 399?? This is ridiculous!

Kicksiscrack - I kind of agree with you. The shoe game is out of whack. BUT, while most of the Nike/Jordan is complete crap, the collab and limited edition NB, especially those made in the US or UK, is really well made. The other factor is that a lot of the limited NB can be harder to source. There were only 990 pairs of the Anniversary 990, and, of those, only 330 were released in the US. So, in terms of exclusivity, NB again has it all over Nike right now. I am for sure not an apologist for the resellers, but I'd sure as h*** rather spend 2 or 3 times retail on a shoe that is well made and truly exclusive than some hyped up crap that isn't even exclusive. I happily paid 2 times retail for my NB Hanons, an extra pair of 990 Anniversary, Adidas Solebox Allegras and the Asics x Patta collab, and three times retail for my Kennedy's. I would never pay that for a Jordan product, and I've only done it a few times (mostly 5-10 years ago when Nike was doing some truly quality tier 0 and collab releases) for a Nike shoe.

Last edited:
^true that. Still frustrating though. I never have much hope on Asic or NB collabs since they can be so hard to get. As for 990s I will just have to wait for the Navy pair, hesitation cost me. Oh well, life goes on, just a ****** spot, it doesn't help that sneakers are at a zenith right now. Patience... BTW, curious How well made are your allegras, saw some people gripe about the quality. May still try to hunt a pair down

Back
Top Bottom