Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Hey guys Can u help me on sizing for the "burn rubber" mt580? The pair I found is a half size smaller then my normal size. Y'all think I can still fit them? Any help is appreciated, Thanks

Hey guys Can u help me on sizing for the "burn rubber" mt580? The pair I found is a half size smaller then my normal size. Y'all think I can still fit them? Any help is appreciated, Thanks
in a MT580 youre def gonna wanna get your size, or 1/2 size up

Custom 574s went up damn near $30 in a matter of a month 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Woah, someone has me all wrong but you sound upset, I'll let you cook...

I get you though,Im just not that guy. I have always said that if people didn't pay those prices the opportunist wouldn't bother selling them. .Meh, .it is what it is. My GRs far outnumber my "collab" and ltds so Im not that guy. Those happened to be shoes I am after (i like them limited or not) that resale is stupid on right now. I always get my cops and if its not retail or under, it is damn close :wink:

Last edited:
@now cool, I agree with what you said man, I just got a lil defensive...I am just insecure over my new join date and lack of posts haha.

I'll buy the 1300, but I never had any pair of new balance. and I can not go to the store to prove, I'll buy online.

so I need your help.

I in all Nike sb I have, the shim 8.5US, what size should I buy for my 1300's?
 if you wear a 10.5 in sb, go for a size 10 in the 1300's (run big).. size 10.5 in almost every other model though.

I know this is the New Balance thread, but I currently have a pair of Ronnie Fieg Denims and Total Eclipses in size 8.5 if anybody is interested. Selling them a good price; just trying to get some cash to get the right size. Message me if anybody is interested.
somebody give this idiot an infraction!

Can't these resellers stick to Nike/Jordan??!! First got a canx on my Adidas x Solebox Allegras and now a 9 and a 10 30th 990 pop up on feebay and sellers want 399?? This is ridiculous!
anything X solebox is usually crack. even the jordan guys know this.

Last edited:
Nike lost me a while back - prices, quality, hype gimmicks.  I just sold the majority of my collection (mostly nike) and re-upped on new balance.  I had a few pair of new balance in the past but the made in usa's quality just won me over.  The quality, materials and comfort is ridiculous.  The fact that they're made in america even makes me feel patriotic.  I haven't even attempted at scoring collabs, the gr are so strong and I paid under retail on most of these.

Not sure if it is posted or people know by now but NB just anounced in entering the skate market. Here are a couple of pairs. Looks pretty sick actually....as much as I might not like another corporate company in this industry:

Last edited:
Nike lost me a while back - prices, quality, hype gimmicks.  I just sold the majority of my collection (mostly nike) and re-upped on new balance.  I had a few pair of new balance in the past but the made in usa's quality just won me over.  The quality, materials and comfort is ridiculous.  The fact that they're made in america even makes me feel patriotic.  I haven't even attempted at scoring collabs, the gr are so strong and I paid under retail on most of these.

NIce jcrews, looking at the 1400 light grey model, and a 998 model, what's your say on the comfort level on both?

Anyone else who owns 1400s or 998s

The 1400 are super comfortable.  The inside almost feels like a slipper.  The 998 feels more like a running shoe with arch support in my opinion.  I got both @ 30% off during christmas sales.  I would go with the 1400 if I had to pick one.  You can get the blue sky ones for $91 plus shipping right now with code STYLE2013.

Why is it that yall only mention the Solebox allegras, or the RF Asics, or the collab new balances- yet you frown upon Nike/JB for taking advantage of that very notion and the smart resellers that know how to make money. The best looking pair of Allegras isnt the Solebox ones, the best New Balances dont have to be collabs or limited to only 990 pairs. Yall allow the resellers to dictate whats hot and collectible basically. That thirst and willingness to spend 2or 3X retail is the exact reason resellers exist- and yall keep feeding them by only buying and focusing on the ones that they know will fetch extra $$$ (anything with a big name or collaboration, and anything limited). I would pay more money for many of the regular NB releases than the pigeons, the UCLA 1500's, the mojitos, salmon soles, and so on. If you look at shoes like they're a something to collect (like basketball cards). thats fine- but you have to accept that you are the exact reason that the prices are set like they are. If you're just happy with a quality pair that looks good, regardless of rarity or the name involved- then you wouldnt be having these problems
I went on a rant about this like a month ago. Its pointless. Thats what this thread has become. Ive just accepted that the beasts have taken over NT and moved on.

I have about 30 pairs of NBs, and have paid over retail for precisely 1 pair. Like he said, just because its rare and limited doesnt make it better. The only people you are impressing are other sneakerheads, which is lame anyways. Thats why I don't post many pics in here. 

@now cool, I agree with what you said man, I just got a lil defensive...I am just insecure over my new join date and lack of posts haha.
The main reason why I dont mess with NT heavy. Clown statements like this 
mean.gif
 Yall are obsessed with join dates and post counts and who has more shoes and is an OG and which shoe is better. Its all a buncha bs. Who cares? 

My join date is like 3 months ago and I have like 100 posts, but i can almost guarantee that i know more about kicks and have more/better/rarer shoes than 99% of the people on NT. But like I said, who gives a ****. Im not here to show off for other dudes. Its just not my thing. Im here for info and to share opinions and thoughts with other people- yall can have the rest. 

oh, and ive been on Niketalk for almost 5 years now. Had to use many different aliases over the years .... Not that it ****** matters

Last edited:
anything X solebox is usually crack. even the jordan guys know this.
Like those LED LA Gears lookin' pumps? Maybe if youre in first grade  
roll.gif
   They had the nerve to release those piles of junk TWICE, too.. smh

Thats another thing I ****** hate. Just because a famous boutique designed it that doesnt make it hot. But what do I know- the beasts rule all. 

Anyone have a clue when the 998RR and 1300CP are releasing in the states?

Last edited:

Nice setup bro. Would it make you feel less patriotic if you copped some made in England ones? :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom