Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I'm a big Grenson fan, I own three pair - but I'm not crazy about the NB collab. I've never really liked that tan colored leather... I hope they have more than one Grenson colorway.

Really interested in those Grenson's. They look great from the quick shots in that video. Here's to hoping the price isn't outrageous. 

J. Crew restocked a few sizes of the Nighthawks. I picked up a 10, and am hoping they'll fit. If they don't, I can oop them to someone for retail + ship. 

Yesterday...

J. Crew restocked a few sizes of the Nighthawks. I picked up a 10, and am hoping they'll fit. If they don't, I can oop them to someone for retail + ship. 
too bad they don't have smaller sizes... 

Still looking for a pair of 998HTB.. hoping for a restock on jcrew

GY at full retail > GY2 at any discount sub 50%: The 997GY is easily the best sneaker I own, (Only pair that comes close is 1500CHF), and is definitely one of my favorites. Don't bank on the release coming Q3 to be anything like the pair that released last year, they might be, but they way NB is heading, I would be very very surprised. The GY have a $200 retail and are the ONLY NB GR I would pay retail for. my $0.02

Today's wear:

Depends I mean I guess if the shape bothers you that much and ruins your ig pics but the shape on my GY2 wasn't that bad. But I guess if your a shape nazi and constantly take on foot pics it matters

Depends I mean I guess if the shape bothers you that much and ruins your ig pics but the shape on my GY2 wasn't that bad. But I guess if your a shape nazi and constantly take on foot pics it matters
what if you just care how your $200 sneakers look to you, on your own feet, regardless of what strangers on the internet think? dumbass logic

Last edited:
what if you just care how your $200 sneakers look to you, on your own feet, regardless of what strangers on the internet think? dumbass logic

You said you wouldn't cop for 100, I just find it amusing when people complain about shape or made in America yet they wear other brands with lower quality and shape than a GY2 or Asian made NB. Majority of the people that complain are "older NB collectors" that butch and complain about shape but don't do anything about it or try to when they have leeway with NB/know people in the lifestyle team. Even more amusing when they complain about the shape now yet still cop majority of releases. Also if you look at my pic my GY has more of a banana shape on them than my GY2 so making a general statement saying all GY2s is pointless because after all these are made by hand so it varies a lot.

Also saying dumbass logic when talking about logic just makes you seem dumb...

Last edited:
You said you wouldn't cop for 100, I just find it amusing when people complain about shape or made in America yet they wear other brands with lower quality and shape than a GY2 or Asian made NB. Majority of the people that complain are "older NB collectors" that butch and complain about shape but don't do anything about it or try to when they have leeway with NB/know people in the lifestyle team. Even more amusing when they complain about the shape now yet still cop majority of releases. Also if you look at my pic my GY has more of a banana shape on them than my GY2 so making a general statement saying all GY2s is pointless because after all these are made by hand so it varies a lot.

Also saying dumbass logic when talking about logic just makes you seem dumb...
I'm not here to have the same argument you had on someone's IG page a while back, but looks like you might be ready to, i'll let someone else handle that

I havnt been big on NBs for long, but i've never seen this model. Im really digging the shape of it, just wish they put the normal N logo on there instead of that perforated cutout
This looks like a "Deconstructed" 1600 model to me. The midsole is definitely the same as the 1600 model, which i actually like a lot, very underrated model. 

I'm not here to have the same argument you had on someone's IG page a while back, but looks like you might be ready to, i'll let someone else handle that
Not really just something I find amusing, got these "sneaker heads" who complain about shape yet still buy the product and don't try to make progress for the community as a whole besides the 2 across the pond, nothing has been done about MiUSA models really. Also seeing how you can't remember your original post regarding a price point. Also your so against GY2 yet some have just as good shape as a GY yet you would rather spend twice the amount of money for the same product with a different midsole is in fact stupid logic. Also if there is a difference chances are its very small and the only people who would know are IG followers who see an up clse pic, people in the streets won't really notice unless at a sneaker convention and I doubt anyone will say anything. So it does seem you do care what people on IG think because a regular pedestrian won't notice that tiny difference.

Last edited:

no I haven't.. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks!
Yea do that and give them your email and tell them to just charge your j crew card if it comes back in stock or one is returned. Chances are small it may happen butthis will increase your chances of getting a pair from J Crew.

no I haven't.. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks!

I wouldn't rely heavily on their customer service. When I tried to do the same thing for my size in the HTB, they told me no stores around me had them in stock. I called one of the stores minutes later and what do you know...they had my size.

I wouldn't rely heavily on their customer service. When I tried to do the same thing for my size in the HTB, they told me no stores around me had them in stock. I called one of the stores minutes later and what do you know...they had my size.
Did you ask them to check every store before putting you on the email list?

yeah...but I didn't ask them to put me on the e-mail list. Didn't know you were able to do that.
Yea its good to contact both CS and a local store to ask them to find you a pair if neither works ask CS if hey can notify you when the product comes ack in stock. But other than that all you can do is regularly check the site.

Yea I grabbed them but may have to offer them back up if they are too snug usually a 9 in 998 and that's already .5 down from my tts.

Let me know how they fit. I'm a 8.5 in 998s and was wondering if they would fit me despite knowing asian made fit larger. I might still be interested if they end up not fitting you.

Back
Top Bottom