Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Copped these from someone who is sitting on a few DS J Crew Collabs...concrete jungles are in the mail as well

It does, thanks so much man!

I ordered both dark grey and light grey laces just to see them in person, but based on your pic i think in the tonal spectrum it's probably like light grey > gunmetal > dark grey > lead

NB should really include an extra lace for every NB1 pair.
Yeah i agree on that spectrum break down. Glad to help.

They totally should give 2 lace options! Most of the color choices are an impossible shade to match with generic laces and i love options. At least make the laces available on the NB site...

If i make another NB1 i may call NB and see if they can throw in another pair of laces for a few bucks. There customer service is great. 

Last edited:

Comfort 997 vs 998: I have flat *** feet. what do? 
I find they're both kind of flat.  I find that the 997 pushes your heel up more on an angle and the 998 is a little more even throughout.  The insoles are removable so you can just throw orthotics in them

Copped these from someone who is sitting on a few DS J Crew Collabs...concrete jungles are in the mail as well
Great pick ups man.

So many great JCrew 998s over the years. I think my favorites are the HTB then the Infernos. What do you guys think?

Great pick ups man.

So many great JCrew 998s over the years. I think my favorites are the HTB then the Infernos. What do you guys think?
Personally, Concrete Jungles are my favorite J. Crew release.

1.) Concrete Jungle

2.) Hilltop Blue

3.) Independence Days

4.) Nighthawk

5.) Pebble Blue

Edit: Had to update to a top 5

Last edited:
I There the only US store I've seen that's dropped them and grenson sold out of their pairs. There's only 800 being sold I don't think the US will too many of these as I've seen more overseas post for them than US. I like them but I'm an 7.5 in 576, the smallest size is 8 and have a good feeling these will run big so I'm holding off. Price tag is not too bad grenson makes some really nice products. This isn't your typical collab.
i think most stores did not want to risk trying to move a $400 new balance and end up getting stuck with them and eventually having to slash the price heavily. A $400 new balance is a tough sell no matter who the collaborator is. At that price you can surely go find some grails from prevous years instead of dropping $400 on these

Last edited:

Military Green is such an underrated colorway. Those things get so much wear in the Fall/Winter.

Great pick ups man.

Pebble Blue's with the independence Days coming in close behind.

Great pick ups man.

I can't decide on only 3 it would have to be Top 5 for me:
1. Hilltops
2. Concrete Jungles
3. Pebble Blues
4. Independence Days
5. Nighthawks

I can't decide on only 3 it would have to be Top 5 for me:
1. Hilltops
2. Concrete Jungles
3. Pebble Blues
4. Independence Days
5. Nighthawks
If you were in a house fire, and you only had time to save 3, which would you save?  hahaha

If you were in a house fire, and you only had time to save 3, which would you save?  hahaha

Lmfao...u got me there brother...would have to be HTB's,Jungles and Pebbles...and hopefully i would be wearing my Nighthawks..lmao

Should I order the same size 574 NB1 as the 998 NB1? I wear a 9 in the 998 NB1 and it is a super snug fit, just perfect, get better with wear.

I think 574's run a little smaller, a 9.5 fits snug on the Asia made ones, but haven't ever tried on a Made in USA 574. With the $15 off and 20% ebates i'm going to have to pull the trigger on a 574 pair i've been wanting. bring it to about $107 before tax. That is a steal for a 574 made in usa NB1 for sure. 

Any advice is welcome, thanks!

Should I order the same size 574 NB1 as the 998 NB1? I wear a 9 in the 998 NB1 and it is a super snug fit, just perfect, get better with wear.

I think 574's run a little smaller, a 9.5 fits snug on the Asia made ones, but haven't ever tried on a Made in USA 574. With the $15 off and 20% ebates i'm going to have to pull the trigger on a 574 pair i've been wanting. bring it to about $107 before tax. That is a steal for a 574 made in usa NB1 for sure. 

Any advice is welcome, thanks!
For USA 574s, I'd recommend your 998 size. All my USA 574s fit the same as my 998s (size 9.5), but I have to get a 1/2 size up in Asian made 574s (size 10).

NBSAVINGS for 10% off

BTW does anyone know if the Light Grey laces on the NB website match the Gunmetal color option on NB1?
Working on a red pair right now.   Good looking out on the code!

Last edited:
No love for J.Crew 1400s? 

My Top 5 J.Crews:

1400JC6 "Cork"

998JS1 "Pebble Blue"

1400WN "Wine"

998JS4 "Independence Day"

1400JS1 "Dark Royal"

Back
Top Bottom