Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Had a M997CCF currently and looking for another pair of NB preferably in the 9series. But unsure of the sizing difference.
M997CCF seems to run slightly bigger as compared to my other shoes (eh flyknit racer and ultra boost) even though they are all the same size.

Addition any idea Where to get the M998RF (City never sleeps)??

Had a M997CCF currently and looking for another pair of NB preferably in the 9series. But unsure of the sizing difference.
M997CCF seems to run slightly bigger as compared to my other shoes (eh flyknit racer and ultra boost) even though they are all the same size.

Addition any idea Where to get the M998RF (City never sleeps)??
The general consensus on NB is to size down a half size. I'm an 11 in Nike and a 10.5 in NB. Personally, I can go with the same size in all of the 9xx New Balances. 997 are going to be slightly more narrow towards the toebox than the 998.

Best bet for the 998RF is eBay or Facebook groups. You can get them for close to retail.

Last edited:
@drisk34
 You have a custom NB1 with earth correct? Would you mind posting a pic

yessir

33d25b8d_image.jpeg

58dd12a0_image.jpeg

f089ab5d_image.jpeg

257b51e9_image.jpeg

Would anyone be able to tell me if the width difference between 998 D and B is noticable? My CNS and GTs are US6 width D (standard), however nb1 will only allow a US6 in women's, which only run in width B.

Opinions on the absolute most comfortable new balance model with arch support? Looking for mainline casual models, not really into the steve jobs look 
laugh.gif

Still no word on these beauties (998DBOA)? I recall them being a spring 2016 release... hoping they drop soon.

On another note, I stopped by j crew to make a return and checked these out. I would loosen the laces a bit more, but hopefully this gives you all a better idea of what they look like in person.
They look good dude.  The tongue appears to be leather?  How about the accents and N? 

Last edited:
Kind of have a formosa gl3 vide to them with that hairyish suede
Not sure that was the intention here haha. I see what you mean but I think thats just lack of QC. 

I may be wrong but i dont believe NB has used the long haired suede before...

On another note, I stopped by j crew to make a return and checked these out. I would loosen the laces a bit more, but hopefully this gives you all a better idea of what they look like in person.
They look real nice. I can't wait to have my pair in hand next week. 

The toecap on one of my 998DO's is starting to come away a bit. I think I tripped on a step after a few beers one night.

Can anyone recommend a glue that's appropriate for rubber / suede?

Last edited:
Hey guys. Was wondering if anyone can help with a sizing question. How do the m530s run? True to size or is there room for going down .5 down? In particular the central park ronnie fieg edition? I am a true size 12 in everything(Nike, adidas, Jordan's, and other new balance, saucony) and only 11.5 I am able to wear is the lebrons 7s and maybe some Jordan 3s and 4s.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom