Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I see what you did right there rambo

Last edited:

@nblove1  I am - but the person I spoke to when I called was clueless.  She said they weren't getting any in-store, but then someone in the background corrected her and said they will definitely have them.  No token system there, but I'm calling back later to get a different person to ask about reserving a pair.
roll.gif

I'll see you there most likely!
nthat.gif

Most of the cats at Lennox are not on the same page as us when it comes to NB especially the women since they don't really make what we typically go after for females specifically but they do have most of the current collabs on display so my guess is yes they will be getting them. They are also the only Jcrew in Atlanta/metro area that sells their NB's collabs so it would be unlikely IMO that Corp would not have any in store releases in the Major City. I seriously doubt they will be in high demand though, if you were to walk around Lennox you would prob only spot a pair of Made in USA's on feet when you happened to pass by a mirror or reflection and saw your own lol. You will on the other hand see so much Jordan you will probably be a expert on legit vs fakes by the time you leave the mall ha. 

This has to have been addressed in here, but I'm having a hard time searching up a decent answer..

What's the best way to clean the white midsole on the 997/998? Seams that scrubbing with soap/water doesn't do much, and almost makes a small mark dissipate into the area surrounding it. Got a nasty little mark on my 997GY2s that I'd like to remove. Nothing in my search here or youtube has turned up a method. And for the love of god, please don't say jason markk. 

Seems like a repaint is about the only surefire thing.

This has to have been addressed in here, but I'm having a hard time searching up a decent answer..

What's the best way to clean the white midsole on the 997/998? Seams that scrubbing with soap/water doesn't do much, and almost makes a small mark dissipate into the area surrounding it. Got a nasty little mark on my 997GY2s that I'd like to remove. Nothing in my search here or youtube has turned up a method. And for the love of god, please don't say jason markk. 

You could try using a disinfecting wipe or baby wipes

Wipe off midsole clean then try a magic eraser? I haven't tried this but if usual methods haven't worked, I would give it a shot. Seems safe enough as long as you don't rub excessively in one spot.

Last edited:
Will check the ny stores whenever I have a chance. Need that special packaging on that butterscotch :smokin

Are they doing tokens as well in SF? Won't have a chance to stop by til Friday hopefully they have my size left :\

Yeah, they are doing tokens. Honestly, I did not see many people and I was #4 when I picked up my token today at 4pm. I think you should be all right but this is my first time dealing with JCrew hype so I'm not sure how crazy it gets :lol:

Will check the ny stores whenever I have a chance. Need that special packaging on that butterscotch :smokin
rockefeller plaza.... I got a token from there around 3 o'clock you can try to see if they are still handing them out. I called the other 5 nyc stores and they told me they will be doing it on Saturday at 9 am

Closer pic of these 998 grs I saw on Instagram. Both look pretty good, the pair on the right looks somewhat pigeon-esque. The pair on the right almost look like smooth leather as opposed to suede or nubuck but it's hard to tell. If that's leather I'm all in. Been wanting a white leather 997 or 998 for a while.

Last edited:
Closer pic of these 998 grs I saw on Instagram. Both look pretty good, the pair on the right looks somewhat pigeon-esque. The pair on the right almost look like smooth leather as opposed to suede or nubuck but it's hard to tell. If that's leather I'm all in. Been wanting a white leather 997 or 998 for a while.

I got the feel for the white. But.. It's White. Stain will be pretty obvious

It may sound strange but cottenelle fresh care wipes work great.

I've cleaned a couple nb midoles using them and they remove scuff marks and dirt pretty easily.

The best way i have found is to use a Clorox cleaning wipe (or similar product), and cut it into smaller pieces to be more manageable. Also, you need to have a dry paper towel or cloth to wipe the excess suds/moisture from the wipe. This works on nearly all scuffs/dirt on the midsole, and you can even clean the outsoles with it as well, though this will take a bit more work depending on how many times/where you wore them. But this works great for midsoles, gets them back to brand new as long as you don't have any scrapes or dark scuffs. Just be careful not to get it on the suede, as they do contain bleach, so it would not be good for the color or feel of the suede. 

Last edited:

if you were to walk around Lennox you would prob only spot a pair of Made in USA's on feet when you happened to pass by a mirror or reflection and saw your own lol. You will on the other hand see so much Jordan you will probably be a expert on legit vs fakes by the time you leave the mall ha. 
laugh.gif
 @johhnykicks128   Repped!  So much truth!

Back
Top Bottom