Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

This is a wish list for both functionality and extra options for the NB1 customization in no particular order.

Functionality

1) Less obtrusive blinking on shoe parts when you are designing

2)Better functionality with saving and then editing, viewing completed shoes in your wish list

3)Make it easier to cut and paste images of your creations

4)Display custom writing on the heel

5)Provide an actual picture of fabric colors that is true to life

6)Have a NB employee snap and post attractive true to life pictures for an online gallery of completed customs

Custom Options Wish List

1)White midsole option, hell expanded colors for all midsole/outsole sizes!

2)Perf toe option

3)Fleece/leather/premium pattern lining options

4)Option to purchase multiple laces in different colors at all times

5)Expanded color wheel (like 25 colors) for both the plastic collar accent and the speed laces 

6)Expanded color wheel in general for the shoes lining

7)Premium insole/insert options with custom printing!

8)Nubuk me  and nubuck you please

9)3m options
10)Very pointy toe option!

Everything would be a personal collab between you and NB! It would be incredible.

Looks like NB jumping into street wear, I always wondered/hoped NB would make a lifestyle line. Sweats and basics with a little bit of a twist like JE, Norse or RC. Now finally they step into and it looks just terrible. Maybe I'm just getting old but I think they should of just kept it simple from the beginning and jumped into edgier stuff later in the game.

http://hypebeast.com/2016/8/new-balance-lifestyle-fashion-and-accessories-line

castlerock seems to be a little too dark for a dirty buck NB1. Just based off the wheel it kinda looks dark grey with a hint of brown.

I think kool grey might be a better option.

Looks like NB jumping into street wear, I always wondered/hoped NB would make a lifestyle line. Sweats and basics with a little bit of a twist like JE, Norse or RC. Now finally they step into and it looks just terrible. Maybe I'm just getting old but I think they should of just kept it simple from the beginning and jumped into edgier stuff later in the game.

http://hypebeast.com/2016/8/new-balance-lifestyle-fashion-and-accessories-line

This is dope! Reminds me of the Nike More Air Uptempo's Black & White pair. :smokin

New Balance has always done streetwear in Japan...at least for the past 20 or so years.

I was in Japan in the early 2000's and once again in the mid 2000's and the NB store in Tokyo had all kinds of crazy stuff...suede blazers, denim, fancy button up shirts, house slippers, etc. 

New Balance has always done streetwear in Japan...at least for the past 20 or so years.
I was in Japan in the early 2000's and once again in the mid 2000's and the NB store in Tokyo had all kinds of crazy stuff...suede blazers, denim, fancy button up shirts, house slippers, etc. 

Never been to Japan so wouldn't know. I guess my point is why they don't step up there game in the US. They have the connections to factories, so why not?

This is dope! Reminds me of the Nike More Air Uptempo's Black & White pair. :smokin

Haha to eachs own, personally I think it's ugly af. They need to stick to their bread and butter and then move into stuff like this. Perhaps there's a reason this kind of style has stayed in Japan for 20 years

NB is definitely late to game for casual apparel in the USA. They're active and athletic gear is top notch. Besides LA and NYC, America Is always 5-10 years late on fashion trends compared to Europe and Asia. I'm also hoping that more casual gear comes to the US soon. 

so i took @Remy
's pic the day he posted his nb1 and went to town with PS lol.  thanks for that bro!  lol.  and you guys are thinking the same colors i was thinking too so i might as well share what they could look like. 

All 3 pairs look dope! Especially the first one. Simple same tonal colours but look sick!!

Alright #NB1 Fam I need your help!  I cannot decide between Lead or Black/Speckled midsole options! (my big foot isn't allowed to be in the MW/DB midsole)

nthat.gif

Alright #NB1 Fam I need your help!  I cannot decide between Lead or Black/Speckled midsole options! (my big foot isn't allowed to be in the MW/DB midsole)

nthat.gif
Is the upper black? or is it dark grey? Speckled would add a little something extra.

Grey would keep it minimal but thats not a bad thing either

Also, didn't the NB insider say that mulled wine is going to become available in bigger sizes?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom