Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Posted a bunch recently (I know..)

I feel silly for not pulling the trigger on midnight moons when they were cheaper, are there any codes that work atm?

Day 27. NB1 998 "Napa Valley"​

If I wear 9.5 in Made in US 998's, could I get away with a 10 in 1300's?  Maybe with thick socks or will they be flopping like clown shoes?

Went to NB outlet in Gurnee Mills in IL. Been a while since I've been there since I rarely have time to go up towards Chicago area. They now carry more MiUSA 997, 998, 1300 than they used to. Didn't see anything crazy, all GR but it was extra 40% off. Picked up some apparel, minimus, and grey/blue 991 from the guitar pack.

Last edited:

If I wear 9.5 in Made in US 998's, could I get away with a 10 in 1300's?  Maybe with thick socks or will they be flopping like clown shoes?
Co-sign what @JerkStore  said- go with a 9.5 for sure. 1300s tend to run wider in the toe box in my experience than other made in USA NB models. I normally wear an 11.5 in 997/998 and can fit an 11 in 1300 comfortably. You can't go wrong with a 9.5 (and even a 9 if you're desperate).

I made the mistake two days of ago making an impulse purchase because it was a steal (anytime you can get a shoe for 60% off I'd say it's a good deal). It was for a model that I'm not a fan of. Why I did this is beyond me- must be the addict in me.

With that said... if anyone is interested in the Reigning Champ 530 (grey) in an 11.5 for a stupid low price let me know 
wink.gif

Co-sign what @JerkStore  said- go with a 9.5 for sure. 1300s tend to run wider in the toe box in my experience than other made in USA NB models. I normally wear an 11.5 in 997/998 and can fit an 11 in 1300 comfortably. You can't go wrong with a 9.5 (and even a 9 if you're desperate).
Thanks and reps to both of you.

I am desperate haha.  I wear a 9 in UK 575 trail with thin socks, so maybe I can squeeze a 9 in the 1300.  It's an older release so sizes are hard to find now.  Thanks again guys!

Yes JerkStore. It is a NB1 that I made on cybermonday. Navy suede with orange hits and black mesh. A straight Auburn University rip. The nimbus cloud suede across the toebox is inspired by the J Crew Midnight Moon. Its not 3M and not so bright white looking. The light is just reflecting like that. It is actually a much softer color than the white that runs across the toebox of the Midnight Moon.

If I remade them I would make a couple of subtle changes after seeing these first hand.

I'm not an Auburn fan but their colors work. I do, however, love Bo. 

Last edited:

I made the mistake two days of ago making an impulse purchase because it was a steal (anytime you can get a shoe for 60% off I'd say it's a good deal). It was for a model that I'm not a fan of. Why I did this is beyond me- must be the addict in me.

With that said... if anyone is interested in the Reigning Champ 530 (grey) in an 11.5 for a stupid low price let me know 
wink.gif

can't tell you the number of purchases i've had to make in order to learn this lesson lol

New Balance 1500CK $95 shipped to U.S. on Hanon - darn good price if you ask me. Will gamble and wait for it to get a little lower, though, lol.

Last edited:
Just bought my first 998's... went with the midnight moons hoping they fit. My 997 MHL's are soo snug as 10s so I went 10.5.

Just bought my first 998's... went with the midnight moons hoping they fit. My 997 MHL's are soo snug as 10s so I went 10.5.
10.5 will be fine, may even have a little more wiggle room than you expected as 997s tend to run a bit more narrow in the toe box than 998s. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom