Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Anyone know how the new 247's fit?
rather narrow...  it doesn't have a normal tongue.  It's basically a 1 piece upper and from my experience from trying them on this weekend, they fit similar to Asics GLV or ultra boost but with a stiffer upper.  Uppers feel like cheap synthetic leather

Last edited:

rather narrow...  it doesn't have a normal tongue.  It's basically a 1 piece upper and from my experience from trying them on this weekend, they fit similar to Asics GLV or ultra boost but with a stiffer upper.  Uppers feel like cheap synthetic leather
How's the quality in hand? They look dope in pictures. 

Not that good.  They feel kinda cheap and when you wear them, the uppers crease in some places like the tongue
Thanks, repped. I'm gonna have to make my own judgment when I see them in person. I'm still intrigued by the silo and hopeful but we'll see!

On another note, did anyone pull the trigger on any of the Yard Pack models? I know we're all #teamdiscount but I'm nervous as hell seeing how quickly most sizes have gone on SNS, Hanon and END (don't know of any other shops that have dropped them so far online). I'm trying to remember all the moments that I bought NBs for retail and regretted it later on after seeing them drop in price so quickly but mannnnnnn those 577s and 991.5s look SO GOOD.

Thanks, repped. I'm gonna have to make my own judgment when I see them in person. I'm still intrigued by the silo and hopeful but we'll see!

On another note, did anyone pull the trigger on any of the Yard Pack models? I know we're all #teamdiscount but I'm nervous as hell seeing how quickly most sizes have gone on SNS, Hanon and END (don't know of any other shops that have dropped them so far online). I'm trying to remember all the moments that I bought NBs for retail and regretted it later on after seeing them drop in price so quickly but mannnnnnn those 577s and 991.5s look SO GOOD.
The shape itself looks great but yea, you may need to see them in hand in order to decide.

100% will hit sales rack

Just got explore by air 998 for $99.

Just got explore by air 998 for $99.
where?

Just got my 998 Midnight Moons, surprised that the 10.5 doesn't seem much bigger than size 10 997. 997 in size ten is really tight on my big toe, these 998's give it just enough room but I might try 11 next... my fear is that the toebox is to big.

Not sure if I LOVE the quality or not. I only have MRT580 "Color Block" Grays & my 997 MHL's, those had zero glue stains, no lose threads, etc. The 998's had a glue stain and some weird junk embedded in the suede that I had to get out

where?

Just got my 998 Midnight Moons, surprised that the 10.5 doesn't seem much bigger than size 10 997. 997 in size ten is really tight on my big toe, these 998's give it just enough room but I might try 11 next... my fear is that the toebox is to big.

Not sure if I LOVE the quality or not. I only have MRT580 "Color Block" Grays & my 997 MHL's, those had zero glue stains, no lose threads, etc. The 998's had a glue stain and some weird junk embedded in the suede that I had to get out

I bought from nice kicks sf on haight st. They also had a black/red 997 for $129.

I know there are already tons of sizing questions out there. But since I just ordered 2 pairs of New Balance, I can't stop thinking if I got the right size for myself.

I have 3 pairs of New Balance shoes - a 1500 UK Made (Size US 11, Width: D), a 997.5 Made in China (Size US 10, Width: D) and a 565 made in Indonesia (Size US 10.5, Width: D).

I wear 10.5 in all Nike and they worked fine. Some bigger some smaller but all good.

The 1500 I got is too big, but that's the only size I can get at the time. It's comfortable though, just my feet are moving around in it.

The 997.5 is a perfect fit on the length but a bit tight on the width. Haven't wear them much so couldn't really tell. This pair is why I felt I coudl get away with size 10.

The 565 is US 10.5, however it somehow feels similar to the 997.5 - ok on length and a bit tight on width.

I'm getting one MRT580 and one CM1600LA for size 10. 

I read on this forum that most ppl said NB can go .5 size down (I'm 10.5 most of the time). Especially the 1x00 series. Am I reading it correctly? Based on the information I provided above, do you think I will run too small with size 10 on 580 and 1600?

Thanks a lot! Any comments are appreciated. 

Regards,

L

where?

Those hit the outlets months ago. Super nice in person

thanks for sharing.  Pretty cool  Looks like the 997 fits nowhere but I prob wouldn't wear any retro models to run in anyway
Definitely but looking at the categories helps understand the different qualities of each model even if it's for casual wear. 

reissues are made nothing like the originals so the guide won't help much in reference to stability, comfort, or performance..it might still be useful in terms of height, width, and overall shape of a model though. anyone running or doing activity in reissues is asking for trouble or injuries

If anyone is interested in Salmon Soles in a size 11 for the (relatively) low PM me. I know I purchased these recently but priorities, lol. Admin please delete if not allowed.

If anyone is interested in Salmon Soles in a size 11 for the (relatively) low PM me. I know I purchased these recently but priorities, lol. Admin please delete if not allowed.
Awe man. I would have taken them if they were a 10.5! 

Back
Top Bottom