Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Heskicks got the new Concepts x NB 990 v2 early. Starts at 2:09-4:01

Last edited:

nerd.gif

frown.gif

haha!!! you don't like the vintage yellow? its dope!!!! love that look

I was wondering how do you guys protect your suede sneakers without ruining the suede?

I have a pair of 998 CNS coming in and another suede asics and was wondering what is the most recommended permanent liquid protection for suede/nubuck/leather?

I was wondering how do you guys protect your suede sneakers without ruining the suede?

I have a pair of 998 CNS coming in and another suede asics and was wondering what is the most recommended permanent liquid protection for suede/nubuck/leather?
sof sole from almost any sneaker store is just as good as any thing out there.  ive tried a few, they all pretty much do the same thing.

Pic of limited amount of special packaging, FCFS for in-store customers. Wonder how many they made.

Pic of limited amount of special packaging, FCFS for in-store customers. Wonder how many they made.
I hate to be the discount guy but I can't justify paying full price for Concepts NB collabs anymore. Nice looking shoe just $220 is a lot.

I hate to be the discount guy but I can't justify paying full price for Concepts NB collabs anymore. Nice looking shoe just $220 is a lot.
Do you think the amount produced is as high as the city rivalry pack?

I feel like concepts should have learned from that and not have nearly as many produced this time around so they're not just sitting

I hear you, man. It was painful watching the Rivalry Pack restock a year after release and even with coupon codes working on them. Even without discounts, tons of dudes copped only to realize these were a resell flop and tried to get rid of the shoes ASAP so both the 997s and 998s were available under retail from various forums and even eBay.

Pretty sure same thing will happen with this one, maybe even to a greater extent since it's not a 997/998. 

I'm personally pretty excited about the shoe and looking to cop in-store (and contemplating whether to go early to try and snag that dope wooden box). I've promised myself that this will be my last purchase for a while as my funds for sneakers will have dried up after this. Will probably wait until their next collab drops.

I feel like concepts should have learned from that and not have nearly as many produced this time around so they're not just sitting
Agreed. Especially with this pair. I don't think a purple 990V2 is going to do well. That's a tough model to sell. 

i understand a lot of people here buy NB's on discount, but $220 is only $20 more than suggested retail for a GR 990v2. just sayin...either way, $200 is a lot for me to spend also, GR or collab, or whatever. 

on a different note, here is the women's usa 998 counterpart to the women's UK 576, as referenced above:

http://cncpts.com/collections/new-balance/products/new-balance-w998dtv-blue-grey
Word, homie. I think we're all pretty spoiled in here when it comes to buying high-quality US made shoes for cheap. It's ironic when you consider Adidas/Nike/JB heads don't even flinch when pulling the trigger on retail/resell prices for shoes that have way more hype but are not nearly as nice when it comes to quality.

Go .5 down (997/998 size) for the 990v2? 

They are a concepts exclusive so I assume they are going to have a bunch and they seem to always take on a brunch product when it's a NB collab. Tblake said TTS on twitter but concepts always gives bad sizing advice. 

They are a concepts exclusive so I assume they are going to have a bunch and they seem to always take on a brunch product when it's a NB collab. Tblake said TTS on twitter but concepts always gives bad sizing advice. 
hmmm

Could have sworn people said .5 down when they first started popping up

I don't have a 998 yet. So shape wise is this good?
you can't really go off one pic. i've seen multiple pairs of the exact same shoe that have good shape (round toe) and others with terrible shape (squared-off protruding toe guard). but even the bad ones aren't that terrible on foot. it's only really noticeable in hand/on the shelf. stuff from around 2013-14 and earlier tends to have a much better pointy toe with a very low profile

Back
Top Bottom