Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

"Chambray" usage that I've made from this color wheel.​

Very tempted to make these joints..​

Heres my latest NB1 custom.
Not super into customs so a little black dye/paint on the collar is super easy and very rewarding.
Wish I had held out until this promo but whatever

Good ish my man! Wanted to make something similar to this.

I feel like this is asked all the time but does anyone have a pic of castlerock suede?

An idea came to me last night but I need to know the color before pulling the trigger.

Here's castlerock on the tongue and Kool grey on the rest of the upper for comparison.

They are pretty cool, I was at an NB shop and the workers were loving them.

These are some real life NB1 leather swatches, figured it might help someone seeing them like this:

Wine/Powder/Shell Pink/Mulled Wine

Castlerock and the two greens

Nimbus, light grey and dark grey

dat purple suede doe
@Remy

@mykoh  thanks! 

Now seeing that purple suede I'm wondering why I didn't make a pair in that color.

lol I can't share the castlerock pair until its done

but now I'm debating between these 2 for the second pair.

Either dusty blossom or 24k saga colorway.

Does anybody have a real picture of the color powder? I used that color based on NBs color online. Hope it pans out since I order it days ago.

Yeah man I was thinking the same!

It looks almost exactly like the tyrian purple 990v2s.

All purple over a castlerock midsole would've been sick..

Last edited:
That pic of the three green swatches above. Is the one on top deep grove?

Also, do you guys think its at all likely for a white midsole to be on the next wheel?

Thx Winston. I made the same pair of 998 mulled wine sole except w nimbus color. My second pair has that powder color.

Also, do you guys think its at all likely for a white midsole to be on the next wheel?
Honestly I think there's only there's no other way to go. Half of the midsole options now are black/dark, the only addition they could make next is lighter coloured midsoles.

Not guaranteed all white though..

The heel of these are Deep Grove. It's a rich olive / greyish color. In the sunlight you can see it really pop.​

Todd Synder 998's also utilized the Deep Grove colorway.​

Last edited:
Honestly I think there's only there's no other way to go. Half of the midsole options now are black/dark, the only addition they could make next is lighter coloured midsoles.
Not guaranteed all white though..

That's what I was thinking and my ideas would like significantly better on a white midsole.
Whatever though going with these deal since it's super cheap.

The heel of these are Deep Grove. It's a rich olive / greyish color. In the sunlight you can see it really pop.​

Todd Synder 998's also utilized the Deep Grove colorway.​

Ahh ok thanks man. Think I'm going to stick with castle rock

The heel of these are Deep Grove. It's a rich olive / greyish color. In the sunlight you can see it really pop.

Todd Synder 998's also utilized the Deep Grove colorway.
I always thought the Todd Snyders 998s were black on the back.....I guess I'm crazy haha. Might have to make those.

Has anything else happened with the Detroiter 998s? Are those happening?

Originally Posted by jamesandSTL  ​

I always thought the Todd Snyders 998s were black on the back.....I guess I'm crazy haha. Might have to make those.​
 ​
Has anything else happened with the Detroiter 998s? Are those happening?​
 ​
Yeah they're a nice sneaker, especially on a nice sunny Fall day. I made the mesh version back in December. I'm sure the Perf Toe version would be immaculate. 
smokin.gif
 ​

Last edited:
Do you guys seem to have preference as to suede or mesh? I was debating some "Salmon Toe" 574s. Does it seem like there is much of a difference, or have you guys noticed anything? I recently purchased a pair of shoes and they were like an entirely woven/knitted type shoe, but I don't really like them. Just curious.

Do you guys seem to have preference as to suede or mesh? I was debating some "Salmon Toe" 574s. Does it seem like there is much of a difference, or have you guys noticed anything? I recently purchased a pair of shoes and they were like an entirely woven/knitted type shoe, but I don't really like them. Just curious.

I prefer suede and mesh, I think sometimes the perforated suede can add to the all ready nasty shape on customs.

Suede looks good but I like mesh on runners because it keeps that runners aesthetic imo. The suede makes it more of a lifestyle shoe so depends what you're into.

Back
Top Bottom