Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I feel like the mesh toebox stretches allowing for the shape to take form.

does anyone know of the dangers involved with ironing?

I know you have to place a wet towel over the suede does this ruin the texture?

I've used this method for almost all my pairs, whether it was mesh or suede toebox and it def works on both.

Chance of burning the suede using an iron and I'm assuming if the towel is too wet the color could run.

remedy444 remedy444 Very nice. Repped. I have been debating customizing some 574s myself. Also, nice IG. You have some very nice shoes on there.

On a side note, I was doing some research on here and I found a couple people that said the "City Never Sleeps" 998s fit tighter than regular 998s. Is there anyone that can shed some light on that?

Last edited:
@remedy444Very nice. Repped. I have been debating customizing some 574s myself. Also, nice IG. You have some very nice shoes on there.

On a side note, I was doing some research on here and I found a couple people that said the "City Never Sleeps" 998s fit tighter than regular 998s. Is there anyone that can shed some light on that?
They fit the same to me.

And honestly the shape of those perf toe NB1s out of the box already pretty good.. at least better than the first release.

Customs came in from that deal a couple weeks ago

IG: @remedy444  
I think 574 is next on my list since I have gotten burned out on my 3 pairs of 998 NB1's. Hows the fit of these customs compared to the other made in usa 574? I've found that all of my NB1's fit more narrow than their GR counterparts, although as someone with narrow feet I am not complaining lol. What colors did you use on that back pair and how do you feel about the "premium" option on the N?

i'll take pics later but one pair of my nb1s looks like the toe box is pinched, and the medial logo is off center. the other pair has massive mudguards. 

still love how they came out.

if i take pics with the "irregularities" will they throw a discount code? i really want to use this denim option on the 574s but can't decide on a colorway

those green 574s are dope btw

Last edited:

Maybe try SneakersER? 
Have you used SneakersER on suede?

I've only used jason mark and it was pretty scary. It was on a beat pair of vans so it wasn't a big deal but it definitely changed the color of the suede a bit.
Have you tried Repel by Jason Mark? Was thinking of getting some for my all white 247's I just ordered. Was just curious if it worked as well as all the reviews say. Its mostly mesh so not as delicate as suede but still have concerns about effecting the hue of the white mesh with any spray especially one that has to dry and needs multiple coats. 

What about Liquiproof? anyone know if their stuff will screw suede up? or are their protection/cleaning sprays completely safe to use on suede?

Tied Liquidproof on some of my suede and nubuck, seems to be fine, no stain from spraying Liquidproof on them

Regret kinda sinking in after passing on the $99 deal for NB1s.

Especially after seeing Remy's red devils..

The next colour wheel can't come soon enough!

Wore my dusty blossoms over the weekend:

and @UmpaHimself  those look really good.

If it helps you make a decision, one gripe i have with the CNS is the squeaking when the leather liner rubs against the tongue.

It can get pretty annoying in a quiet room.

i'll take pics later but one pair of my nb1s looks like the toe box is pinched, and the medial logo is off center. the other pair has massive mudguards. 

still love how they came out.

if i take pics with the "irregularities" will they throw a discount code? i really want to use this denim option on the 574s but can't decide on a colorway

those green 574s are dope btw
When I made my finals customs the shoe was essentially crooked on the sole and you could tell looking at the heel. I emailed them with photos and then told me to make another pair and return the defective ones. The second pair I got was great compared to the first.

Regret kinda sinking in after passing on the $99 deal for NB1s.

Especially after seeing Remy's red devils..

The next colour wheel can't come soon enough!

Wore my dusty blossoms over the weekend:

and @UmpaHimself  those look really good.

If it helps you make a decision, one gripe i have with the CNS is the squeaking when the leather liner rubs against the tongue.

It can get pretty annoying in a quiet room.
I also was having regrets. The code they have now will bring them to $159 though which is great because you don't have to buy two. Those are super clean btw.

Yeah my foot is always slipping in my cyclades because of the leather.

I also was having regrets. The code they have now will bring them to $159 though which is great because you don't have to buy two. Those are super clean btw.

Yeah my foot is always slipping in my cyclades because of the leather.

The puddles code was actually active during the $99 promo

Back
Top Bottom