Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

If you had to do your Mulled Wines over again, would you stick with the mesh toe or gone with perf. suede?
I would probably do them in perf suede just bc the perf suede toe looks great imo

Mesh is still awesome though and the shape of mesh seems to be better most of the time

that bad?

is it the upper or is that all while midsole just wrecked beyong cleaning?
worn to a dingy club late night in CLT (not my choice), equivalent to the basement of a frat house. stains/scuffs throughout the suede. did pretty much the exact same thing w my HAL GLIIIs, just cant bring myself to look at them again. 

the midsole was cleanable.  

worn to a dingy club late night in CLT (not my choice), equivalent to the basement of a frat house. stains/scuffs throughout the suede. did pretty much the exact same thing w my HAL GLIIIs, just cant bring myself to look at them again. 

the midsole was cleanable.  
Maybe try SneakersER? 

Maybe try SneakersER? 
yep, I've got tons of products like that, cleaners, protectors, brushes, erasers, etc. just no patience.

now, if there was a service I could just mail dirty shoes to for cleaning, that i'd do 
happy.gif

I think Jason Markk did a pop-up awhile back which provided a service like this but idk about any others... 

Maybe try SneakersER? 
Have you used SneakersER on suede?

I've only used jason mark and it was pretty scary. It was on a beat pair of vans so it wasn't a big deal but it definitely changed the color of the suede a bit.

that stuff works well on everything but fine suede or nubuck in my experience. 

to your point @Remy  it messes with the texture and bleeds color. 

but again, I rarely have patience for any of that lol

yep, I've got tons of products like that, cleaners, protectors, brushes, erasers, etc. just no patience.

now, if there was a service I could just mail dirty shoes to for cleaning, that i'd do 
happy.gif

I think Jason Markk did a pop-up awhile back which provided a service like this but idk about any others... 
I think there is. I see that on Instagram sometimes. People will be "I just cleaned these for a client" or whatever.....

Surely there has to be some on there, or try Google lol

that stuff works well on everything but fine suede or nubuck in my experience. 

to your point @Remy  it messes with the texture and bleeds color. 

but again, I rarely have patience for any of that lol
Yeah cleaning suede with any liquid always worries me

I think there is. I see that on Instagram sometimes. People will be "I just cleaned these for a client" or whatever.....

Surely there has to be some on there, or try Google lol
there's a handful of spots in NYC and LA, only shoe repair/clean around here do not cater to sneakers. 

I've only used jason mark and it was pretty scary. It was on a beat pair of vans so it wasn't a big deal but it definitely changed the color of the suede a bit.

I havent used it personally but I know some hardcore NB heads who swear only by SneakersER when it comes to cleaning their suede NBs, especially since it was started by NB fans.

I wouldnt use any liquid on suede if possible.  Stick with the eraser type cleaner.   Very easy to F up the suede with liquid cleaners.  The liquid cleaners can get the job done, but much higher chances of f'ing up the suede, much much higher. 

What about Liquiproof? anyone know if their stuff will screw suede up? or are their protection/cleaning sprays completely safe to use on suede?

Yes that's the method I had in mind but didn't know the website offhand. Don't know why you wouldn't be able to have the same results with pref toe. You can also iron the toe box for a more extreme method

Yes that's the method I had in mind but didn't know the website offhand. Don't know why you wouldn't be able to have the same results with pref toe. You can also iron the toe box for a more extreme method
I feel like the mesh toebox stretches allowing for the shape to take form.

does anyone know of the dangers involved with ironing?

I know you have to place a wet towel over the suede does this ruin the texture?

Back
Top Bottom