Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

my sister had a pair I was always intrigued never ended up pulling the trigger on a pair and i'm kinda salty. saw the black pair a while back for like 48 bucks.

I always wanted the 801's after seeing them on one of my favorite records. i finally got a pair a couple of years ago, but I used them for trail running and they're pretty cooked now.

b2f7afa11564e7c9b68023c89435f172.1000x1000x1.jpg

they look like an awesome hiking sneaker. more so than the trailbuster hybrids they are pushing now.

Originally Posted by moshepark  ​

Good things come to those who wait, my friend :smile:
 ​
True.​
 ​
 ​
Originally Posted by runners781  ​

Prob never, no point in hyping a model that doesn't need hype.​
F the HYPE, I just want a masterpiece! 
pimp.gif
 ​
 ​
I'll say it again: 997.5 x (insert collab name here) is an instacop without waiting for that disco.
smokin.gif

I always wanted the 801's after seeing them on one of my favorite records. i finally got a pair a couple of years ago, but I used them for trail running and they're pretty cooked now.

b2f7afa11564e7c9b68023c89435f172.1000x1000x1.jpg
Album is incredible 

Banned from the back porch is one of my all time favorite songs 

you didn't like those platform kicks the guy next to him is wearing? 
laugh.gif

who the hell started that short lived trend? remember chicks would rock sandals that had like 4 inch soles? lol

you didn't like those platform kicks the guy next to him is wearing? 
laugh.gif

who the hell started that short lived trend? remember chicks would rock sandals that had like 4 inch soles? lol
They look like those Rhianna velvet Puma creepers. So bad

damn ! that Saves The Day album cover ! Two of my good friends are on that album cover: the girl on the top right in the brown tank top and the asian girl to the left of her.

I was really into the Saves the Day demo and first album (Cant Slow Down) but quickly lost interest after that. I do give that band credit with carrying the torch when Lifetime broke up.

I still have two copies of the demo tape somewhere in my basement...

but yeah..the 801 was a huge seller for NB 97-99, and its one of NB's most iconic colorways. The original 801s were way better quality-wise than any of the reissues. 

and don't knock creepers...you don't know or respect footwear / cultural history if you're dissing creepers.

Last edited:
One thing I remember about my 801's (had them in 98 or 99) the soles sucked on wet surfaces. I about busted my butt plenty of times on rainy days at school.

So cool how i'm living on the other side of the world from you guys in the US and we all grew up with the same band.

Saves the Day was one of THE bands of my youth.

googled Des Sables. Longest foot race in the world held in southern morocco.

i'd cop on heavy discount. the first trailbuster they made should've been a freshfoam.

I am not gonna lie, I like the shoe a lot. I am willing to wait as long as possible to cop at a heavily discounted price (like those 575 M-80s eventually dropped in price).

the only thing "Boost-y" about the fresh foam TB is the one piece upper.

fresh foam supposedly is more comfortable than Boost according to a poster here...i have tried neither

I thought NB introduced fresh foam before Adidas came out with boost? Or are you referring to something else?
you're probably right.  i like boost.  never tried on foam.  but what i'm referring to is the amount of publicity and push for recent models with that sock fit.  not hatin' on nb. i  just want more retros i guess.  but i'm sure they can't be complacent relying on retros.  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom