Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Saw the Cortados in person at J. Crew today. Really nice in person and the shape was on point.
I UNDS my pair yesterday(break in the rain :frown:  ) and they are stunners! Two NON shoe or NB heads gave me complements! The true measure of dope shoes!!

The cortados made me crazy for the butterscotch joints...super nice that pair too! The collector in me wants the moonshots now too!! ahhahah!  

This. I'm not really into boosts or too much tech ****.

I just want awesome colorways on the classic models.
But then you end up like Nike or Jordan.........oh wait, you said "awesome colorways". lol

Last edited:
New Balance does well with colorways most of the time. sometimes they'll throw a random color on a shoe that just makes them harder to match with other clothing.... but other then that not bad.

Nike on the other hand will play a colorway out to the point where you don't even want to see it ever again. 

Colorway of that collab looks nice to me, waiting for more pics. Personally I'm a fan of the trailbuster, I think it's a nice mix of classic NB style slightly modernized.

For those saying they have not tried boost, you need to. I'm not saying you have to cop but specifically the Ultra Boost with the Prime Knit upper and Boost mid sole is a crazy comfortable combination. Only problem is they keep going for a more modern look with each rendition, which detracts from the original charm IMO. The 1.0 def had a vintage runner vibe to it.

Also, my first NB1 998 just came in and looks awesome. I think my second pair will be in tomorrow. Will post some daytime pics!

First pair of Nb1's I did with the promo has arrived. Ronnie inspired of course. Check out the second pic, the left toe has a 'scar' that I couldn't get out with a suede eraser, think they would do anything about that?

First pair of Nb1's I did with the promo has arrived. Ronnie inspired of course. Check out the second pic, the left toe has a 'scar' that I couldn't get out with a suede eraser, think they would do anything about that?
Looking good. Would like to see more pics

My latest NB1 should arrive today 
nerd.gif

But then I need to add a few extra touches to it 

@ANOTHERPAIR  the volcano pair looks sick!

Did you use orange on the top heel piece? Hard to tell in the pics.

Since I personally like to copy other people's design (well, kinda. I'm actually more scared of wasting $200, since NB isn't liberal with the returns like Nike lol). I wonder if we could populate the first page with our creations, the link to the NB1 page and its NB1 page screenshot and final production pic.

Speaking off, I got my Remy Redtoe Ripoffs in the other day, so I'll need the collar dye tutorial when ever you get the chance, sensei. :smile:

The Coumarin Pack are available pretty much everywhere (including NB's own website) . Cumbrain pack is not releasing.

Ahhh. You got me on that one. I think everyone's a little confused from his first post.

I'm pretty sure he's referencing the CUMBRIAN Flag pack which I'm also eagerly awaiting.

Your post had me scrambling to Hanon and End.

For clarification- Cumbria is a county in England.....not the result of getting brain as previously mentioned.

Last edited:
Yo Yo Yo!!

Anybody have or have had in hand the Joe Lewis 577? How is the quality? Would $160 all in for a DS pair be fair/market?

Ahhh. You got me on that one. I think everyone's a little confused from his first post.

I'm pretty sure he's referencing the CUMBRIAN Flag pack which I'm also eagerly awaiting.

Your post had me scrambling to Hanon and End.

For clarification- Cumbria is a county in England.....not the result of getting brain as previously mentioned.
Repped for clarifying that post. I'm a bit slow today. It's what happens when I am doing what I am supposed to be doing (working). LOL.

Yo Yo Yo!!

Anybody have or have had in hand the Joe Lewis 577? How is the quality? Would $160 all in for a DS pair be fair/market?
The quality is nice but I'm personally not the biggest fan of Asian-made NB's. The shape is awful. Those released a few years back during what seemed like the height of NB collabs being super sought after by the mainstream so they sold out relatively quickly. It's a decent shoe but I don't personally think it's worth $160.

Also, the shoes are like boats so go half a size down your normal UK 577. I wear an 11.5 in all UK 577s but needed to go down to an 11 to fit into those.

Slight reshape on the NB1s

should i bother talking to customer support about the misplaced N logo on the bottom medial side pair? do they give a discount code on future pair?

Slight reshape on the NB1s

should i bother talking to customer support about the misplaced N logo on the bottom medial side pair? do they give a discount code on future pair?
If it bothers you that much then you should go ahead and reach out to them. Can't hurt.

i'm just trying to score an elusive NB coupon.... at the same time I despise being a ****, years of retail and service jobs will do that.

i'm just trying to score an elusive NB coupon.... at the same time I despise being a ****, years of retail and service jobs will do that.
I honestly didn't even notice it at first. I assume you mean because the "N" that is against the stitch line? Nice pairs by the way. That bottom pair is very clean.

Last edited:

The quality is nice but I'm personally not the biggest fan of Asian-made NB's. The shape is awful. Those released a few years back during what seemed like the height of NB collabs being super sought after by the mainstream so they sold out relatively quickly. It's a decent shoe but I don't personally think it's worth $160.

Also, the shoes are like boats so go half a size down your normal UK 577. I wear an 11.5 in all UK 577s but needed to go down to an 11 to fit into those.
TY sir!! Yeah I found the 997CHP (leather baby!) on ebay for the same $160 gonna ride with those I think :smile:

ANybody seen the 997chp for cheaper or on sale? 

Hello fam. New in thread.

I think NB1500 Yard Pack Started to grow on me.
Can i get sizing info for NB 1500??

And also, Does anyone know where i can get NB 1500 under retail? (Discount will be cool)

Back
Top Bottom