Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

M990KBM2. I've had multiple opportunities to buy this shoe for stupid cheap but never pulled the trigger. And then I saw them at the outlets today and ended up bringing them home for $62. Couldn't say no to that price :rolleyes

M990KBM2.jpg

Yup those 998s are lovely. And with enough details that differentiate it from an NB1.
Also sneakerpolitics photos are heavily filtered but they really make shoes look good..

Those 998s posted are nice. I didn't notice it at first, but there are light blue accents. The site says suede and mesh, but they look like the perf toe, unless I'm mistaken.
The 997s look good too. The longer I look at both the more and more I like them

tom brady's under armour sold out while nbs still fsr.
one brand's hype is rising while the other needs a defibrillator.

Haha, I think they are two very different scenarios, to be fair. Those Brady UAs were wayyyy more limited (wasn't it a 100 paris?) and were geared towards a very specific audience. If I had to choose I'd pick the 9975 any day over the UAs. I do agree that hype for NB is at an all time low. I was convinced that those Flimby 35 pairs would sell out and sure enough they're still sitting as we all eagerly await the inevitable slashing of prices.

Also, the reception towards the Esplanade (at least in this thread) has been largely lukewarm and I think it's really because the shoe is one of the weaker Concepts collabs to come out. When you've got a brand that's put out so many bangers it's hard to consistently stay at the top.

The 999 Concepts collab, though, may be a different story. I predict that will be a sellout. Just my hunch.

tom brady's under armour sold out while nbs still fsr.
one brand's hype is rising while the other needs a defibrillator.

What was the difference in price and numbers of shoes made? I thought I saw the Tom Brady things were like 100 pairs or some crap.

I don't mind no hype, means I get things for cheaper.

What was the difference in price and numbers of shoes made? I thought I saw the Tom Brady things were like 100 pairs or some crap.

I don't mind no hype, means I get things for cheaper.

I think the Brady shoes were $300 a pop and 100 pairs. The Concepts joints were "limited" but stock is probably in the thousands for sure. Just a guess.

Back
Top Bottom