Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Imo, no. Almost every nb1 I see has horrible bubble/puffy toe. the 998 has gone from one of my all time favs to a model I refuse to buy.

This. The 998 was my favorite NB model 5 years ago. Haven't bought a pair in a year since receiving my one pair of NB1's. Wore them once and threw them to the back of the closet cause of the shape. Been on a 995 & 1500 only diet.

Did NB fix the bloated toebox on the pref suede 998 NB1?
IMAG6156.jpg

The Nimbus pair on top and Black on bottom are from last year when puff city was a major issue. IMO the middle 3 pairs do not suffer from the same problem and a frw NT x NB homies have said that the mesh does not have this issue.

Me, myself, and I don't much care about the minutiae of toe puff as I have never been a shape nut but can see what heads are feeling.

Man makes the shoe. Shoe never makes the man.c

Imo, no. Almost every nb1 I see has horrible bubble/puffy toe. the 998 has gone from one of my all time favs to a model I refuse to buy.

This. The 998 was my favorite NB model 5 years ago. Haven't bought a pair in a year since receiving my one pair of NB1's. Wore them once and threw them to the back of the closet cause of the shape. Been on a 995 & 1500 only diet.

Same, stopped buying 998 a long time ago, but I'm craving something, impulse buy. Trying to decide if I want the pref suede with an ugly toebox or mesh with a slightly better one.

IMAG6156.jpg

The Nimbus pair on top and Black on bottom are from last year when puff city was a major issue. IMO the middle 3 pairs do not suffer from the same problem and a frw NT x NB homies have said that the mesh does not have this issue.

Me, myself, and I don't much care about the minutiae of toe puff as I have never been a shape nut but can see what heads are feeling.

Man makes the shoe. Shoe never makes the man.c

Edit: the second from the top has the best shape.. is that the most recent pair? All the others look the same, bloated

Man my only NB1 experience was horrible. The worst pair of 998's i own. I'll admit it was my first but will also be my last. And yeah the 998 needs some serious help. I'm pretty sure I haven't bought a pair in like a year and a half. I'm no shape fanatic but this is the reason I stopped buying AM1's until this year. Nike finally came to their senses and now I'm back. NB needs to fix whats happening cause it is an issue. Not as bad as how Nike destroyed the AM1 but it needs to be looked into.

998's with reflective tongues, pretty much impossible to keep these crease free right?

I only have 3 pairs of 998 atm (Independence Days, Midnight Moon, Moby Dicks) and will agree that my moon's have a bigger toebox that the other two which I prefer. It looks like the 997's doesn't have a great toebox either anymore though when I see some pictures..

yeah i'm really feeling those mita 574 i think i want them. they remind me of the RF 998 which i passed on cuz they were 998 and i don't do 998

I know I may have rocks thrown at me for saying this but I think the jacked up toe box is overblown. It's ugly when you look at it on your display shelf, for sure, but in my experience it makes very little difference on how it looks on feet ultimately. I've also noticed that some of my shoes that came with not the best shape ended up fixing themselves after I actually wore them- this happened with my 998DPHO. They came with that cliff and I was sad. But then I actually wore the heck out of it and it has a shape reminiscent of the older 998s. I think few of us have this experience of the shapes fixing themselves because we own too many shoes and we rarely get to wear any of them with any sort of frequency or regularity.

Also, I spend so much time sometimes obsessing about the shape of a shoe and how it looks and I forget that a majority of the rest of humanity does not give two ****s about what's on my feet. Just saying.

I want to do the 574S, but that bootie thing is not gonna look good on me. I tried the Asics that are a bootie and it just looked weird. I probably have fat feet

yeah i'm really feeling those mita 574 i think i want them. they remind me of the RF 998 which i passed on cuz they were 998 and i don't do 998

998's never worked on my feet, I had the CNS and got rid of them and have a bunch of other 998's that I need to sell/give away. I ordered one 998 NB1 and it was horrible for me, gave it away.

998's never worked on my feet, I had the CNS and got rid of them and have a bunch of other 998's that I need to sell/give away. I ordered one 998 NB1 and it was horrible for me, gave it away.
Yea same here.. They dont fit me right and they just look weird on my feet. My last pair was 998DB and that was years ago

I was going to grab the Mita 574S from Slam Jam but didnt feel like paying 170$ shipped. I hope to grab them from a US shop that doesn't require a signature (can't keep taking off from work) :smh: Just might lay off buying sneakers until those Concept 999's drop.​

The Norse projects, some 990s, 997/8s in there.
For a limited time enjoy 30% off selected products for our Fall Cleanup Promotion. Act fast on this promo, it won't last long!
Use Promo Code: OCT30 at check out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom