Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Well I pieced things together from people comments on their IG, they never said anything officially. I agree that they should keep people informed.

Hmm...lame! Speaking of informed and lame: Let me get ya'll takes on the shoe reseller that squats on a pair of shoes for MONTHS in hopes of selling it for $$$$ after the hype train has left the station and prices have been set? Like the Phantasi 997.5 some guys on ebay are still asking $400+ as one example. Being in sales for most of my life wouln't you want at some point to make a few bucks or break even and move on? Dudes squatting on 1500 london cabs for $400+ a year and change later. Do they think the value will go up? Like in 3 years they'll get the $400 again and the $180-$250 they made on a pair of sneakers will be worth it?

In regards to the wrong Hyannis pair Concepts shipped me.

What would y'all do?

Return the wrong pair(red) and trust them to do the right thing and send the correct pair (blue).

If they said they'd do it you might as well give it a shot. This release... lol... ridiculous. Again, I eat my words about everyone getting their shoes. Such a disappointment.

Hmm...lame! Speaking of informed and lame: Let me get ya'll takes on the shoe reseller that squats on a pair of shoes for MONTHS in hopes of selling it for $$$$ after the hype train has left the station and prices have been set? Like the Phantasi 997.5 some guys on ebay are still asking $400+ as one example. Being in sales for most of my life wouln't you want at some point to make a few bucks or break even and move on? Dudes squatting on 1500 london cabs for $400+ a year and change later. Do they think the value will go up? Like in 3 years they'll get the $400 again and the $180-$250 they made on a pair of sneakers will be worth it?

You gotta understand that a majority of resellers aren't very good businessmen and fail to understand the shifting nature of the shoe market. They're mostly kids wanting to make a few bucks and in their minds they fail to see in the grand scheme of things that holding out for a few extra bucks in the short-term will most likely backfire on them, especially now with the resell market not being what it used to be.

Case in point, any "hyped" pair I've ever purchased that I didn't plan on wearing heavily I've sold immediately knowing that peak value hits around the release date. I lucked out on Ronnie's Asics Super Green GL3 and flipped 'em a day later for $1k and had zero regrets, even though so many others were hoping to get way more. No one's paying anywhere near that kind of money for any Asics now but at the time dudes who decided to sit on their pairs for a year in hopes of finding someone willing to pay more are now getting rid of their pairs for half of what I sold 'em for back then.

4079DE1F-377A-4349-A61E-428BEC7056C6.jpeg

No carpet here.. but I’d like to contribute to OCF. Hehe

Are these the J Crew navy's? Looks dope with white laces – gonna have to do those with mine.

^ same here man
Ordered 3 but should have ordered at least 1 more
About to use the 15% code but 30% off was so good

Hype is such an easy/ unique tool for selling. Speaking of asics, I have a DS pair of volcano GLV that are probably worth 1/3 what they were a couple years ago.

Let’s say that Some popular artist/ celebrity is spotted wearing a 1500. Some tween with no knowledge on NB is going to jump on the comp and research the model and before you know it resale is up and running again. It’s all cyclical.

What would y'all do?

Return the wrong pair(red) and trust them to do the right thing and send the correct pair (blue).

What size do you have? I have an extra blue pair and am looking for the red

What would y'all do?

I would definitely exchange them for the red pair, considering they're also paying for shipping costs.

P.S: still have the extra pair of Hyannis 999s in Red in a 8.5 if anyone in this group is still looking for it for retail.

Hype is such an easy/ unique tool for selling. Speaking of asics, I have a DS pair of volcano GLV that are probably worth 1/3 what they were a couple years ago.

Let’s say that Some popular artist/ celebrity is spotted wearing a 1500. Some tween with no knowledge on NB is going to jump on the comp and research the model and before you know it resale is up and running again. It’s all cyclical.

word. A friend of mine has the same problem. I remember volcanoes hit an all time high for used/ds pairs. You caught up of owning a pair during the hype, you find it hard to let go, now its rare to even find a buyer.

word. A friend of mine has the same problem. I remember volcanoes hit an all time high for used/ds pairs. You caught up of owning a pair during the hype, you find it hard to let go, now its rare to even find a buyer.

Exactly. It wasn’t this pair specifically but recently I had an epiphany; just too many damn shoes and if I’m not wearing them what am I doing?! I’m talking almost 200, so I stared selling off as many as I could. I’m trying to end up with just my 990 and my vans x EG slip ons.

These were a lot more sought after than the Rivalry Pack though. The Rivalry pack never truly sold out.
That's fair. And there were people that missed out on the original Kennedy's that wanted these. Still, I figured Concepts would have recognized that and made this release more readily available.

Back
Top Bottom