Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Would you guys say that sizing between 998's is very similar to 999's? I have a pair of 998s in size 9.5 and they fit great do you think I would be fine with a 9.5 in those elites? 

On that note, I wouldn't get too hung up on where a pair of NBs was produced. In general I think made in USA models have been the most consistently high quality the past couple of years, but that doesn't mean made in UK or Asia models are automatically inferior.
I have to disagree. While the materials are generally consistently good, the shape, which is pretty close to a dealbreaker for me, is consistently bad. I want to like the mojitos so bad, but the bulbous toe and wonky banana shape just is awful. If only those were made in the US. The tall tale 574s are a great comparison of how great US 574s are compared to asian mades. The customs also look great which made them a great value when they were $115. Still worth it too, but not as desirable with the price hike. In any case Id gladly pay a premium to have the cool asian made 574s made in the US instead. 996s are also bad. 1500s were horrendous back in the day. Not as bad, but still noticeable even after the flimby molds broke or got lost or whatever.
I think the new wave of NB buyers dont care though because you dont what youre missing until it's gone, and they have nothing to compare it to. That's great, but it's a curse for me. I guess the easiest analogy would be how a lot of these people are now suddenly complaining and fed up about the quality of nike/jordans.

hmmmm anyone think 999 blue's cw looks very similar to the cncpts seals?
debating if I want the blues....feelin like it would be redundant but they look pretty clean doe

I have to disagree. While the materials are generally consistently good, the shape, which is pretty close to a dealbreaker for me, is consistently bad. I want to like the mojitos so bad, but the bulbous toe and wonky banana shape just is awful. If only those were made in the US. The tall tale 574s are a great comparison of how great US 574s are compared to asian mades. The customs also look great which made them a great value when they were $115. Still worth it too, but not as desirable with the price hike. In any case Id gladly pay a premium to have the cool asian made 574s made in the US instead. 996s are also bad. 1500s were horrendous back in the day. Not as bad, but still noticeable even after the flimby molds broke or got lost or whatever.
I think the new wave of NB buyers dont care though because you dont what youre missing until it's gone, and they have nothing to compare it to. That's great, but it's a curse for me. I guess the easiest analogy would be how a lot of these people are now suddenly complaining and fed up about the quality of nike/jordans.
you have a valid point. i also never understood why exactly 574s had a sudden price jump 

Nice to know the retail on the 999 Elites is only $115. I'd still cop at that price. I'm only interested in the red pair, but I'll scoop them up once another release comes around.

what code?
the LOVEFEB on shoestores. I know that others said they just used it, but its not working for me now. It is saying expired/invalid. Hmmm....I was debating those 999 elites off there, but now that they are gone looks like I will pass, but that red pair is really starting to look good...

Last edited:
With our without coupon for $115 I'm still coppin'! :smokin Just sucks that my size 10 or 10.5 is always not available...:smh:

this is how it starts, one nice shoe at a nice price and then you have a stack of them in your closet and your wife asking, "do you really need more new balances?" LOL

Kicksdeal is killin' it...I'm almost tempted to order the teals as well...I need to slow THE F down...:smh: I can't stress it enough but cot damn so many fire releases this month!

The WSHH2013 code (25% off orders of 75$) seems to work on the the day tripper 998 as well + Kick Deals (1% off) so comes out to $114 shipped. I was going to order them from nice kicks but karmaloop coupons make it

assuming code works on other nbs

The WSHH2013 code (25% off orders of 75$) seems to work on the the day tripper 998 as well + Kick Deals (1% off) so comes out to $114 shipped. I was going to order them from nice kicks but karmaloop coupons make it

assuming code works on other nbsf
nice and repped

got mine this morning, both 16hunnas and navy 710s..cant wait to get em in
payday for Stunna
pimp.gif
, good pick ups too

@kicks504: 1 of those 2 is mine, hopefully if it lingers long enough

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom