Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

uhhh guys, I have a problem. I think I finally made the turn on 990s :lol:
tenor.gif

you a wide footer too? yea im actually reconsidering my pair. put them back on after I got home from work, and my feet had time to swell up a bit, my feet are hanging off the sides of them.
Ill take the weekend to wear them around the house and make up my mind on them. damn wide feet.
IMG_1535.JPG

what kills me is that the concepts x rose were available in wide, and these were not.
yea I’m poppin out the sides of them too

990v4 are great. I have one pair and I beat them to death at work, great shoes. Gonna have more eventually. Wish all the cool colorways came in wide.

:rofl:

I always liked the Tyrions, and then that Stussy link was posted a couple days ago and I thought about those after looking at them again. Now this YCMC pair dropping. Still havnt actually bought a pair, but I might be soon.

I feel like I'm in the same spot drisk34 drisk34 .

There were some posted from a catalog that were pretty cool, but it has to check all of my boxes for me to give them a shot.

Speaking of v4 and I hate to be this guy but anyone seen any pairs below $100?

Occasionally, but usually only the GL4 (grey), navy and black since those are everywhere. I got my double GL4 for 80 bucks at jcrew when had a code active that shouldn't have worked.

I'll say it before and I'll say it again - the 990v4 is the only model I'm currently interested in purchasing more of from NB's U.S. factories. I know we all have an affinity for NB's retro models but I love the fact that NB was interested in actually creating performance footwear that can also be worn casually. This isn't some overpriced Balenciaga Triple S bull****, either. This is a dad shoe with a purpose. Maybe it's my own bias because v4s are made right here in Boston as well.

Also, for those of you who are interested, shoes.com regularly runs 30% off promotions (just sign up for their emails) and also routinely offers 12% cash back ( jamesandstl jamesandstl posted site a few pages ago). That brings most pairs to $101-115ish shipped which is a great buy. More coveted pairs also tend to sell out quicker (the M990QK4, for example, sold out pretty quickly).

All the foot sites also carry all the v4 models (collabs being the exception) and have coupons that can be used. I copped my M990SR4 off of Footlocker last year for 25% plus free shipping which is a great deal.

I know we're all about that under retail life and we're used to getting NB GRs for dirt cheap but anything in the $100 range is a fantastic deal IMHO for what will undoubtedly go down in history as the most legendary nursing shoe ever.

V4 has definitely been a favorite. I probably have a dozen or so of the cw. Good blend of retro aesthetic with a more modern look and is worlds better than the v3...I asked the designer to make it an NB1 option...we'll see haha

shoes.com just removed the all suede pairs from their site for some reason (JP4, AF4)...hoping the AF4 comes back with discount because those and the YCMC pair are up next for me.

Anyone know what time the Benjamin Breads drop on ycmc? I was hoping the spot by my place would get them since they got stussys and the other ycmc 990, but apparently they aren’t getting these

edit: 10am according to their IG

newgodflow newgodflow i know man lol. Every time I see a code, I somehow talk myself out of using it, then I get bummed because there are no codes.

moshepark moshepark I'm close to getting them. I'm on the edge. I think the V4 looks more sleek that some of the others that came before it. All I need is a good price, a cool colorway (more than just one color) and a full leather/suede/nubuck build.

IMG_1527.JPG
finally arrived today, I hate when ups hands off to usps, takes 2 days longer. the fit on these is super snug, hope they break in nice.
I was most worried about the width, but that seems fine to me.
I went 9.5 (what I consider my TTS in nike, regular width)
I usually wear 9 in miusa NB's (regular width)
8.5 4e sometimes.

sizing is almost always an issue for me. wish I had regular width feet.

I got my shipping email on the 15th and UPS still hasn't picked up my package. I'm calling New Balance tomorrow SMH

m990xg4_nb_03_i.jpg

XG4 has a nubuck build. 20% off eastbay comes to 160 but it’s cheaper elsewhere.

DBzdVuaVYAAnDWG.jpg

stars/stripes also on my radar along with Benjamin bread and the og.

Attachments

• m990ny4_nb_03_i.jpg
    m990ny4_nb_03_i.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 7
  • m990gl4_nb_03_i.jpg
    m990gl4_nb_03_i.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom