Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

yo i grew up in the 90s my boy had those for real. they were actually a thing not a joke haha
hhbv1.jpg

I remember those from the 90’s. I used to go to the Celtics basketball camp in New Hampshire back in the day and there was a kid rocking them every summer. Never saw him dunk once...or get remotely close.

Random off topic question... anyone here from San Francisco? I'm heading that way in a couple of weeks and looking for some cool sneaker shops to check out. Also, which area is the best to stay in? I had an Airbnb in the Richmond area, but the host just canceled on me so I'm scrambling to find another spot.

For reference:I live about 5 hrs north of SF. I only visit there, Never lived there. id say you’re lucky. Depending what on what part, you don’t want to be in Richmond. I’d stay downtown or in SF somewhere. You’ll be closer to the things you wanna check out if you’re lookIn to do some tourist type stuff.

Depending on what sneakers you’re into, there isn’t a lot going on in n terms of ‘sneaker shops’. There are some resale places, but they mostly deal Jordan/Hype. There is a NB flagship store in SF. Cool spot. Great people in there. It’s close to a ton of other shopping. There are a couple smaller shops that carry NB and other runners. But nothing noteworthy imo. Hope this helps some.

For reference:I live about 5 hrs north of SF. I only visit there, Never lived there. id say you’re lucky. Depending what on what part, you don’t want to be in Richmond. I’d stay downtown or in SF somewhere. You’ll be closer to the things you wanna check out if you’re lookIn to do some tourist type stuff.

Depending on what sneakers you’re into, there isn’t a lot going on in n terms of ‘sneaker shops’. There are some resale places, but they mostly deal Jordan/Hype. There is a NB flagship store in SF. Cool spot. Great people in there. It’s close to a ton of other shopping. There are a couple smaller shops that carry NB and other runners. But nothing noteworthy imo. Hope this helps some.
Thanks for the heads up! That does help.

261F51D3-5DC3-42A0-8DD2-9D87C14ACBE2.png
100327E3-E7CD-418D-81C1-B258C473FDBC.png
2E34C71E-F55D-492C-A7D9-93BD641EF2D1.png

Just got in today. Man.......oh man. Lol

I’m in love. These things feel awesome. I think I just found my new favorite model.
since I know you are a fellow wide footer, Im curious. what size did you go with, TTS or your 998 size (assuming you size down for 998 )

since I know you are a fellow wide footer, Im curious. what size did you go with, TTS or your 998 size (assuming you size down for 998 )

I always bought pretty much 11 in everything. I tried on some of DS Nikes recently and felt I probably could have gone to an 11.5 and had a tad extra wiggle room, which I would prefer. I wear an 11 in 998/997. I tried sizing down to a 10.5 (on my first few pairs) and they are just too snug, I have to lace them real loose or go without an insole. With all that being said I decided to do an 11. The fit isn’t bad at all, my toes go to a tad behind the “dark cyan” part where it changes to the lighter blue. They feel a little snug, but not uncomfortable. I tried on a pair in Nordstrom Rack in size 11.5 and they felt good, but a tad big. They were mesh, so maybe it was just a bit of give. I’d be interested to know what these feel like in an 11.5.

I did the finger test, and at the front I have about a thumbs width, and my index finger was kinda tight at the heel. So maybe these are right, and I just need to work them a bit and they would feel perfect.

Sorry for the long post. If not clear enough I would gladly answer any question to clarify haha

Back
Top Bottom