Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

check into some made in us 996. you can find pairs on sale right now for less than $100 and quality is on point

Hanon 'Northern Lights' 1500, West 580, Anniversary 990 grey and, I hate to say it, but the salmon sole 1300 -- all great quality IMO.

Let me rephrase my question. What are the finests quality NBs available at retail right now?
laugh.gif

Yeah, the 990s are my favorite shoe this year. The suede, the mesh, the comfort. They're a bit on the expensive side, but I managed to get a pair for $125 and $150. Definitely worth it, much more than the Nike All Star Superstar pack, Foamposite Fighter Jet or Jordan XX8 I've recently bought and were more expensive.

NB are definitely quality. They're like Hyundai to the hood due to their reputation not being great (except to runners and to true sneaker enthusiasts) until you actually take a look at them and what a pair offers.

As far as running shoes, especially with my flat feet, it's Brooks, NB or Saucony not Nike or Addidas.

Damn, they have em i my size but 180 is a little too high
It's worth it. Can't think of another shoe worth the $180. It feels like a shoe version of a Lexus/Acura/Infinity/Baby Benz.

NB, please more 990s like the anny in classic colors.

A black and a burgundy colorway are expected this year for the 990 model. Personally, I am waiting for the burgundy.

See, I would love to get them. But I'm gonna catch **** at school for wearing the loud/sick NBs, so I don't even want to venture into the less vibrant CWs. People don't care about quality at my school, they just look at the colors and brand name

Damn, they have em i my size but 180 is a little too high
Stay on the lookout via Zappos. If they don't have your size right now they will more than likely restock more sizes soon. The price is definitely justified with this shoes. You are definitely paying for the quality and craftsmanship. 

See, I would love to get them. But I'm gonna catch **** at school for wearing the loud/sick NBs, so I don't even want to venture into the less vibrant CWs. People don't care about quality at my school, they just look at the colors and brand name

you shouldnt care what people think at you school. you buyin shoes for your homies and people at school think? then you should stick with J's homie

Since you're getting started with NB, I would suggest trying a couple of different models to see what you like best before you splurge on the limited stuff. I'd say start with 1400, 1300, or 998-9-6. Jcrew has sales on the 1400($120-$130), and there are some interesting 1300 cw on sale on joesnewbalanceoutlet (between $100-$130). If you're willing to search ebay, you might find 998 at decent prices and I believe zappos and 6pm have sales on 998 in larger sizes.

If you insist on the 990 though, zappos has them in limited sizes for $150

I won't wear shoes that are too big or small. Are you gonna rock them? If so, then party on wayne.
If i can't trade in the next few weeks for my size, then yeah I'm wearing them regardless if they're slightly snug.

Can't do a thing when two guys in front of me use their girls to double up taking away my chance at my size.

Like my friend got a pair of the West NYCs and people were walking uo to him all day saying **** like "Brah those are some sick Skechers" and "My Granddad has these sick New Balances with the velcroes and ****". And if they say that to the WNYCs, they will be ruthless with the navy 990s

Like my friend got a pair of the West NYCs and people were walking uo to him all day saying **** like "Brah those are some sick Skechers" and "My Granddad has these sick New Balances with the velcroes and ****". And if they say that to the WNYCs, they will be ruthless with the navy 990s

in that case stick with jordans since you care about people's opinion.

Back
Top Bottom