Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Like my friend got a pair of the West NYCs and people were walking uo to him all day saying **** like "Brah those are some sick Skechers" and "My Granddad has these sick New Balances with the velcroes and ****". And if they say that to the WNYCs, they will be ruthless with the navy 990s

I've been outta HS for almost 3 years now and I haven't heard anything close to that where I go to school.  If you think NB are dope then it really shouldn't matter what other people think as long as you have the confidence to wear what you like.  The 990's arent the most flashy shoe but they'll definitely last a lifetime longer than any jordans out there.

See, I would love to get them. But I'm gonna catch **** at school for wearing the loud/sick NBs, so I don't even want to venture into the less vibrant CWs. People don't care about quality at my school, they just look at the colors and brand name

stick to the Js if going to be superficial 990s are one of my favorite shoes other the flyknits. The 1500s are nice too.

Not sure if anyones an Iron Man fan, but I made these two iDs a couple of days ago- Probably will cop the Iron Mans for my b-day.

Iron Man/993 vs Mandarin/574:

Last edited:
Dude, you are def paying for better quality than JB/nike, plus many are made in USA or England.  If $180 is to much for your first pair you should definitely get these (although the 990s are well worth it). 

New Balance m1300cl  @ Sneakerhead $119.99 with free shipping (regularly $140.00) and they have a FSR

It's a classic, you'll be blown away at how super comfortable they are and they'll go with anything.

See, I would love to get them. But I'm gonna catch **** at school for wearing the loud/sick NBs, so I don't even want to venture into the less vibrant CWs. People don't care about quality at my school, they just look at the colors and brand name

oh man, that's terrible, once you mature and them, no one will care, then you will see that materials and quality is greater than a retro jordan with terrible gluing...

I personally stuck to some pumas and nikes and nothing to wild but look into the mt580 westnyc alpine guide, 999 cncpts seal, 574 mita 'mojito', to name a few popping colors... truthfully not to diss your school but it looks like matching polos/tees and bright shoes is the fad, nothing wrong if that's the culture but look at the backpack pack 574s, very nice colors, often get specials, look at the herschel pack 420, 710 (correct me if im wrong on models), look at the color pack (green, blue, purple) 996 

check out http://www.thepremierstore.com/brands.cfm?Brand=New Balance&viewall=1

pretty good range of colors, I really suggest you check out karmaloop as some of these models are there and you can stack rep codes and coupons and get free shipping, the new balance 998rr (grey pair with blue N) are retail here for 150$ (+shipping), I got them for 114$ shipped from karmaloop (all sold out now :frown: ) but you just need to take time and make good purchases.

check a couple pages back to see some members collections and it takes time and $$$ so I know where you are coming from, but you can get so many great deals, look for a post that has all the shoe stores that members frequent, it's pretty sizable, just search this thread and you'll find it. if you have any questions on a model, sizing, etc, let us know, we're here to help

Like my friend got a pair of the West NYCs and people were walking uo to him all day saying **** like "Brah those are some sick Skechers" and "My Granddad has these sick New Balances with the velcroes and ****". And if they say that to the WNYCs, they will be ruthless with the navy 990s

A remember a girl in my office telling me that my 20th anniversary 576s look like something her dad would have worn. I thanked her for the compliment.

do you guys think $400 for salmon soles is too much?  I can't decide whether to get from ebay or not.
The real question is do you think it's too much?  For me personally I wouldn't do it, but we all don't have the same jobs/lifestyle.  If you feel like if you've reached the end of your search and can't find the shoes anywhere else and you can afford it, then it only matters if you think $400 is okay.  

Also, always try to negotiate a lower price regardless of if you're ok with the listed price

Last edited:
Going price is about the same, would you get the Fingercroxx or the Ball and Buck's?  Want one but both at resell $ is a little much.

do you guys think $400 for salmon soles is too much?  I can't decide whether to get from ebay or not.
yes, imo but it looks rough for salmon soles now, there's a runners group on fb that has lower prices than that, i got kennedys for close to that, but end of the day, it's your money.

not sure if it's worth it to wait for another salmon sole to pop up or if there are even any left

Last edited:
Going price is about the same, would you get the Fingercroxx or the Ball and Buck's?  Want one but both at resell $ is a little much.
Get the one you feel you'll get the most use out of.  Don't pay reseller prices just to keep your limited shoes sitting in a box.

Just got these in today [J Crew 1400 cranberry]. Really diggin this pair. The suede is so butter. Whole shoe is just quality. Now If only those raw steels or military grays would go on sale

Hanon 'Northern Lights' 1500, West 580, Anniversary 990 grey and, I hate to say it, but the salmon sole 1300 -- all great quality IMO.
Northern lights were a pair of asics gt2s. Did you mean the chosen few 1500s?

I did mean Chosen Few 1500. Sorry, long day and a strong cocktail just prior to my post = brain cramp!

Come on son. I'll chalk this to ignorance/your age, but you need to quickly learn to not give a F about that.

Lol if you're only looking to impress others go buy a pair of Jordan's. doesn't sound like you actually like nbs just the expensive and rare ones.

Back
Top Bottom