Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Haha never knew he worked there, makes sense clothing looks nice but just doesn’t seem to be worth the price point, neither is j crew but everything can be had for 40% off most of the time
Yep. 40% off sales happen all the time on JCrew. No reason to buy anything from them for close to full price. Good quality stuff for the sales price though, IMO. Majority of my closet is from them.

TS is cool too. Have a decent amount of their Champion stuff.

Out on the hunt
8229F96E-888A-475E-8A86-C0F7C766A2A1.jpeg

Yep. 40% off sales happen all the time on JCrew. No reason to buy anything from them for close to full price. Good quality stuff for the sales price though, IMO. Majority of my closet is from them.

Same. Bought a ton of stuff from them late last year while they were having some crazy flash sales. Nice wool barn jacket for $24, Wallace & Barnes flannels for $10 or less, merino sweaters for $10, cashmere hats for $8...gloves, button down shirts, hoodies, jeans, cords, etcetera etcetera. Let's just say I bought way too much. More recently I picked up a pair of NBs - the Night Sky 999s - for $68. So it's worth keeping an eye on their NB selection, too.

I was trying to get some 484 chinos during their black friday sales and these clowns decided to NOT include them in the discount code...i was heated

Yes! Those damn 484s...one of the few J. Crew items that never really goes on sale. Codes rarely apply, and when they do, J. Crew always seems to raise the price beforehand - so they aren't significantly cheaper after the code. Irritating, because I like those pants.

Ok I hate to be that guy.... but jcrew quality is pure trash.

wash once and they fade, fit is no longer good.. etc.. Just horrible all around. I dealt with jcrew clothes for too long and I will no longer buy their crap. In the end it’s just a waste of money. Lol sorry I’ve just boycotted the brand at this point.

Ok I hate to be that guy.... but jcrew quality is pure trash.

wash once and they fade, fit is no longer good.. etc.. Just horrible all around. I dealt with jcrew clothes for too long and I will no longer buy their crap. In the end it’s just a waste of money. Lol sorry I’ve just boycotted the brand at this point.
A lot of their newer stuff has been trash lately, but there are still some pieces that are worthwhile. The 250 and 484 pants are really good quality. I've never had an issue with them fading or changing in size. Maybe you're washing them in water that's too hot? The Wallace and Barnes line is always very good quality so I've been sticking to most of that stuff.

Yeah I've never had any of those issues. Still wearing stuff from them that I bought years and years ago.

Maybe I'm lucky.
Yep same here. My girlfriend has worked there for years just to keep her discount. It's only some of the newer stuff that I've noticed has gone down in quality, but not enough for me to completely boycott them. They still make quality essentials for reasonable prices.

The Wallace And Barnes stuff are great, especially at a disco. I’ve been wearing their heavy weight flannels from last year and it’s been legit.

I still wear some of the stuff that I copped almost 7 years ago and they’re still in good condition.

I’ll agree to disagree. And yea I know how to cold wash hang dry etc. jcrew is high volume low quality production and that’s a fact. But I’ll agree Wallace and barns is nicer stuff, still have a sweater and bomber from them. Some jcrew stuff can be nicer than others but I’m talking about basic business model.
I mean obviously my salt fuels my boycott but I won’t touch their stuff at all anymore

I’ll agree to disagree. And yea I know how to cold wash hang dry etc. jcrew is high volume low quality production and that’s a fact. But I’ll agree Wallace and barns is nicer stuff, still have a sweater and bomber from them. Some jcrew stuff can be nicer than others but I’m talking about basic business model.
I mean obviously my salt fuels my boycott but I won’t touch their stuff at all anymore
Honestly it’s hit or miss and if you pay full price your going to be burnt. The chinos/work pants have been nothing but solid for. Although The only thing I pay less than 40% is their NB collabs

Honestly it’s hit or miss and if you pay full price your going to be burnt. The chinos/work pants have been nothing but solid for. Although The only thing I pay less than 40% is their NB collabs

same. Their slim fit chinos are my go to for work. They’re typically on sale for sub $30 at the outlet.

Back
Top Bottom