Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Not a big difference in comfort IMO and I prefer V4s in terms of comfort for sure.

82384401_189145619152410_3650143318263907976_n.jpg

I'm in on these

These are pretty awesome. Also, we need more black designers doing NB collabs.

Not a big difference in comfort IMO and I prefer V4s in terms of comfort for sure.

82384401_189145619152410_3650143318263907976_n.jpg

I'm in on these

The shoes look great, and I really wanted to support this since I'm from Chicago, but I really don't know if I can get down with this guys brand.

From their website...

"In 2009, Joe "JoeFreshGoods" and Vic Lloyd decided to create a hobby brand, based on the idea around the juxtaposition between fashion and parts of the drug game. Initially starting with $80 bucks, they released a "Make the Trap Say Aye" shirt and decided to flip those for a profit and make more tees. After the success of a few designs Joe and Vic decided to use the full (re-up money) capital to create a season of dopeboymagic for the summer of 2012. After a successful year with many new customers and artist around the world, dopeboymagic is back and ready to shake the fashion world up."

Plus their clothing looks super corny as well.

These are pretty awesome. Also, we need more black designers doing NB collabs.

or just decent designers. Black, white, Asian, female, alien. Don’t matter to me. The only real success that NB has had with a new model has been the 997S GY from grey day and even still that model hasn't been too much of a hit

Last edited:
or just decent designers. Black, white, Asian, female, alien. Don’t matter to me. The only real success that NB has had with a new model has been the 997S GY from grey day and even still that model hasn't been too much of a hit

I hear you. I'm speaking to the fact that on the whole, the rise and popularity of streetwear and sneaker culture has long had its roots in hip-hop (among other subcultures). Ironically but not unsurprisingly, the ones who have profited the most from the reappropriation of streetwear and and sneaker culture have not been African-Americans but white folks (read: white males). I'm a huge fan of NB and therefore would love to see the brand branch out more and continue to do collabs with black designers, even if I don't necessarily jive with the brands or the designs themselves. That's why I'm glad they do stuff with DMV brands like eat. Call me politically correct or whatever, I just want to see more representation.

I hear you. I'm speaking to the fact that on the whole, the rise and popularity of streetwear and sneaker culture has long had its roots in hip-hop (among other subcultures). Ironically but not unsurprisingly, the ones who have profited the most from the reappropriation of streetwear and and sneaker culture have not been African-Americans but white folks (read: white males). I'm a huge fan of NB and therefore would love to see the brand branch out more and continue to do collabs with black designers, even if I don't necessarily jive with the brands or the designs themselves. That's why I'm glad they do stuff with DMV brands like eat. Call me politically correct or whatever, I just want to see more representation.
Off white x new balance when

Define success...sales? Hype?

Define success...sales? Hype?

Everything. Their R&D has been complete ****, they are prpducing way to manyCW, jumping versions quicker than before, quality has gone down hill, communication is garbage and are constantly lieing to consumers about releases and spending way to mucH money on marketing to cover up terrible quality. Oh and they are reselling their own products to build hype. The last decade they have been tumbling down a hill.

Everything. Their R&D has been complete ****, they are prpducing way to manyCW, jumping versions quicker than before, quality has gone down hill, communication is garbage and are constantly lieing to consumers about releases and spending way to mucH money on marketing to cover up terrible quality. Oh and they are reselling their own products to build hype. The last decade they have been tumbling down a hill.

What do you mean

992s are sitting at kith nyc

because kith is literally a source for second sales due to their return policy. That’s why they sold out of the shark blues onlime but sold in stores. Most in store purchases come from people visiting and their ****ty CS makes it harder for visitors to return.

How do you know this?Jw, pretty sure you’re right cus I remember the 992s were supposed to come out weeks ago in multiple colors

im not completely out of the know, the lifestyle team is under close watch by FP&A.SureNB May have hype but that doesn’t translate to profit.

the denim on these is thinner than the standard leather or suede on an mt580...i have two pairs of these and the half size down works better for me. but your normal size might be ok too. definitely do not size up

Absolutely half size down. I went with my TTS and paid for it. They feel like boats on your feet.

Much thanks, y’all. I’ll be opting for 1/2 down like my 997s and 998s. Is around $200 a fair price to pay?

not sure off-white is where you want to go for representation...

Back
Top Bottom