Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I'm honestly not surprised at all. They were a made in China release, no? Just goes to show the difference in quality...

I just recently started getting into NBs. Are there certain models that are better quality that you would recommend? Or does it have more to do with where it's manufactured, like the made in US/UK? Sorry if that's a silly question.

Could some of the more experienced NB connoisseurs shed some light on the quality and/or comfort of the different models.

It's a little hard to recommend specific models without knowing more about what you're looking for. Overall the quality and comfort level of all NBs is extremely high, but it varies from model to model depending on several factors. I'd say that the quality of made in USA pairs has been the consistently great over the past couple of years, but you can still get comfortable, high quality NBs which were made in the UK or Asia.

You're best bet is probably to follow this thread. People will be very helpful in sharing their thoughts on the quality of various recent releases. If there is a specific pair you're interested in, post it here to see if anyone can offer their input.

I hope that helps!

I like those better than the pigeons too ^

@bearclawd- i dont think they did make a 13 :smh: I dont understand it- these, the fingercroxx, B & Y's, Kawasakis- none were made above a 12 from what ive seen. Luckily i can squeeze into some of the NB 12's, but i almost always prefer a 13 |I

I'm 13 in some shoes and 14 in others, so I don't think I can fit a 12. :lol: |I

Thanks for the info though.

It's a little hard to recommend specific models without knowing more about what you're looking for. Overall the quality and comfort level of all NBs is extremely high, but it varies from model to model depending on several factors. I'd say that the quality of made in USA pairs has been the consistently great over the past couple of years, but you can still get comfortable, high quality NBs which were made in the UK or Asia.

You're best bet is probably to follow this thread. People will be very helpful in sharing their thoughts on the quality of various recent releases. If there is a specific pair you're interested in, post it here to see if anyone can offer their input.

I hope that helps!
I've been recently following this thread and I can say you're always willing to take time to answer questions. It's much appreciated.  Repped!

I'm 13 in some shoes and 14 in others, so I don't think I can fit a 12.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Thanks for the info though.
I feel you.  The Fingercroxx did come out with a 13 (Ebay BIN $367.99).   Lately though, you're right, 13s have been skipped on hard.  It looks like we will get the shaft on the Country Fairs (I really want the reds) - just like we did on the 1500GYB (no 13) and B&Y (no 13).  I searched high and low for both of those and found nothing.  I did find a size 13 1500GYB on Ebay, that I bought, only to have the guy refund me 4 days later saying they misprinted and he didn't receive a 13.  

In the meantime, I'm really enjoying these.

I feel you.  The Fingercroxx did come out with a 13 (Ebay BIN $367.99).   Lately though, you're right, 13s have been skipped on hard.  It looks like we will get the shaft on the Country Fairs (I really want the reds) - just like we did on the 1500GYB (no 13) and B&Y (no 13).  I searched high and low for both of those and found nothing.  I did find a size 13 1500GYB on Ebay, that I bought, only to have the guy refund me 4 days later saying they misprinted and he didn't receive a 13.  

In the meantime, I'm really enjoying these.

Man my red 999s just came in today and that pic is making me want to get the blues when I was planning on passing...damn you :lol:

Good look these are actually pretty nice.

my bad for the balls up on the name DrociB, keep checking that site because that's where the Black Pigeons dropped. I think they must be dipping into the warehouse, pretty sure they posted a pic on Instagram a while ago saying as much.

Man, I've wanted them for a while but it looks like the best price is going to come out to $165-175 shipped from overseas for those Country Fair 577.
Not sure if I can justify that after getting 996 Elites, CM1500EB, Made in England M1500GBT & M577DG all for less than $100 each in the past few months.

dawg, the splatter looks nothing like that- and the materials look like they were made for payless. The rollbar is completely off too. There is no doubt- please check with us before you buy that pair in your signature if you have a hard time telling. I'll be glad to help
not true at all. fake NBs are just as rampant and the worst part is they will fake GRs too. the 996pu released in japan a year before they finally released in the US. i held off on buying because of the price. was waiting for them to go on clearance. i almost got had when i saw a pair for cheap (still before the US release), but when i looked at the pics better i could see they were fakes. they do all models too, sad. the collabs are usually way off though. like the seals and RFs.
Yeah you are right Nowitzness - I guess my point was that even if they were a legit pair the pics are so absolutely awful that you probably wouldn't be able to tell/see a lot of the distinguishing features.  But there are enough red flags that it's not even worth continuing the discussion with the buyer.

And if you wanna see fake NB's galore just check out Taobao.  I didn't think New Balances were counterfeited much until I checked there and saw every current (and many past) collaborations for dirt cheap...  The West NYC and UNDFTD 580's are EVERYWHERE on Taobao

You can take your choice of these below for the equivalent of $42 USD:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=...li_trackid=1_c4f869767f2020df51e58e638721acf3

^ This, although I will say I have multiple pairs from all 3 locations, and I don't see too much of a difference between UK and US releases. I can also think of Asia releases that weren't bad on quality (the seals come to mind, although their shape was odd), but in general the UK and US releases are made with more precision, better materials, and better overall craftsmanship than Asia models. Recently, a lot of people complained about the 574 mojito quality, and that was an Asia release.

Is Jason markk really that good? I've heard a lot of good things. I just can't help but think its all hype.
some hype...if you put any water on your kicks and scrub it will mess up the suede but it should get it out...use the premium brush tho

^^^Yes Jason Markk IS that good...especially for spots like that one showed above. I only use the product when i'm cleaning up suede/nubuck shoes like my wife and daughters Uggs and they do one helluva of a job...Like the person said above: buy their premium brush or one specificially for suede, their general cleaning brush that comes with the kit is too harsh for suede.

Last edited:
Is Jason markk really that good? I've heard a lot of good things. I just can't help but think its all hype.
pys has everything but the premium brush (sold out)..better off getting it there because shipping is crazy loot on their actual website

damn. fakes galore! probably where the seller bought em...
Yeah you are right Nowitzness - I guess my point was that even if they were a legit pair the pics are so absolutely awful that you probably wouldn't be able to tell/see a lot of the distinguishing features.  But there are enough red flags that it's not even worth continuing the discussion with the buyer.

And if you wanna see fake NB's galore just check out Taobao.  I didn't think New Balances were counterfeited much until I checked there and saw every current (and many past) collaborations for dirt cheap...  The West NYC and UNDFTD 580's are EVERYWHERE on Taobao

You can take your choice of these below for the equivalent of $42 USD:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=...li_trackid=1_c4f869767f2020df51e58e638721acf3

lol I saw a picture on IG on some girl who bought a pair of "west nycs" and "tassie devils" for her and her bf, I asked her where she got them and she directed be to some fake website. There is a youtube video about fake nbs, take a gander

GO BACK A PAGE, my man perks got it there

Last edited:
^lol I was hoping it was going to be a video I haven't seen yet. I just embedded that vid on the previous page.

I really want to buy those red elite 999s, but if they are as bad as you all say they are. I might have to hold off....

Back
Top Bottom