Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

that’s how stuck in the 90s I am. EL-P’srawkus/defjux stuff still gets regular plaY and blew my mind when I heard it the first time...much like rza and preemo.

unpopular opinion, but I’ve never liked mobb deep’s stuff and Cuban links is overrated :wow::wow::wow:

here is a pic of some NBs satisfy the thread requirements:rofl:

353963D6-914B-4440-81A6-1B960B8E4121.jpeg

Catching up on the hip hop discussion but absolutely loving it.

This post was a rollercoaster for me. I agree about EL-P. I feel like he could do no wrong pre-RTJ. Especially the Co Flo days. Even the instrumental stuff. Highwater was slept on imo. Im a huge jazz fan so that album was right up my alley.

Mobb Deep and Cuban Linx on the other hand...oof. Havoc’s production on The Infamous and Hell on Earth was absolutely incredible at the time. I remember hearing both albums the week of their release and just being blown away. Things did go downhill with following albums.

Cuban Linx is still a top 10 all time for me. That album is literally hip hop cinema. Ghost and Rae are literallly characters in a story playing out over an entire album. Unpopular opinion- North Star (original CD bonus track) is still my favorite song off that album.
Beats what it was before this:
Hey how is sizing on v5, TTS?
Hey would you size true on v5?
Hey I’m really liking the v5 big ALD fan, how would you size?

don’t forget
“NB qc is garbage. NB is garbage”

Last edited:
Info on sweats ? I wear nothin but....

From Talentless, they have a wide variety of colors but most def worth it. A lil pricey but not too bad, they offer codes sometimes if you add an item in your cart and remove it, they may send a code to via text or email. Jus givin ya the heads up.

Can anyone help me find the grey 991? I’m so mad I missed the kith drop. My fav pair of NB’s. Navy’s will do also.

Can anyone help me find the grey 991? I’m so mad I missed the kith drop. My fav pair of NB’s. Navy’s will do also.
New balance UK site has them- you may have to use a proxy. Also can just google them you’ll prob find them from a euro or uk store. I got a pair off of giglio.com a few months back.

Thanks for the info. This may be an amateur question but how do you use or find a proxy? I found them on the NB UK site
There are companies that will buy goods from stores overseas and ship to you, but they charge a commission or handling fee. They act as the middleman. If you just google shopping proxy youll find diff companies. I’m sure some other people here can chime in. It’s been a really long time since I used one.

There are companies that will buy goods from stores overseas and ship to you, but they charge a commission or handling fee. They act as the middleman. If you just google shopping proxy youll find diff companies. I’m sure some other people here can chime in. It’s been a really long time since I used one.
I appreciate the help. I’m looking for one now. Stay safe bro.

I've actually been using Jason Markk's Repel on all my Suede sneakers.
No complaints at all from me, man.

-Drew

Thanks- do you do 1 or 2 coats? 24 hours in between? I am trying Repel on a few pairs of NBs, did first coat last night.

Thanks- do you do 1 or 2 coats? 24 hours in between? I am trying Repel on a few pairs of NBs, did first coat last night.

No worries, bro.

Yup! I do exactly just that.

One coat, wait the 24 hours, apply the second coat, wait another 24 hours then enjoy!

Sidenote: I think I've asked you this before, but are you a fan of Haruki Murakami? :nerd::lol:

-Drew

No worries, bro.

Yup! I do exactly just that.

One coat, wait the 24 hours, apply the second coat, wait another 24 hours then enjoy!

Sidenote: I think I've asked you this before, but are you a fan of Haruki Murakami? :nerd::lol:

-Drew

Lol, have not checked him out yet, but you bringing him up just reminded me to order “Kafka On the shore”. Need some good quarantine reading.

It was newbalance365 newbalance365 who turned me onto the Fresh Foam Crag Trail V1. I use a couple of them as an ultra comfy everyday beater. There’s a stellar deal on the ‘OG 801 Trail’ colorway, $26.99 + free shipping:

-Drew
If we can talk about rap we can talk about Japanese fiction writers right?

I've read a good chunk of his books, recently finished up Killing Commentadore. Hard-Boiled Wonderland and The End of the World is my favorite. Haven't read Kafka on the shore.

It was newbalance365 newbalance365 who turned me onto the Fresh Foam Crag Trail V1. I use a couple of them as an ultra comfy everyday beater. There’s a stellar deal on the ‘OG 801 Trail’ colorway, $26.99 + free shipping:

super underrated model, glad you dig em

If we can talk about rap we can talk about Japanese fiction writers right?

I've read a good chunk of his books, recently finished up Killing Commentadore. Hard-Boiled Wonderland and The End of the World is my favorite. Haven't read Kafka on the shore.
murakami is perfect for quarantine reading. dreamy isolation.
to make it thread relevant. pg 68 from Kafka OTS mentions Sakura wearing a navy blue NB cap :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom