Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Super nice getting some questions in the NB subreddit from a FIlmby factory employee?
NB Filmby plant
  1. What are the perks of being a NB_UK Flimby employee?
  2. How long have you been working here? (Suuuper cooool)
  3. How far in advance do you see pairs made/ then released?
  4. What is your favorite MiUK Model?
  5. Are you in working proximity with individuals who decide colorways/model releases?
  6. Has CoVid19 put a damper on sourcing materials for future releases?

1. Best part is how they treat you. I have an amazing boss, I work with some of the best people and honestly feel like the company care about me. Free shoes is also a nice bonus.
  2. I have been working there almost 2 years, at Flimby, that is probably one of the shortest times. I work with people who have been there for almost 25 years. We have generations of family working there too.
  3. So I can see what we are designing, usually at that stage, they are about a year away from release.
  4. Favorite is the 1500, I have a really nice pair that I wear for work everyday.
  5. I do, but those designers don't tend to work in Flimby, they work elsewhere, the designes are discussed with Flimby, but Flimby will talk about what changes in production are needed to be able to accomodate the style.
  6. It did, with China shutting for so long, it was hard to source material, but we managed to get quite a lot of material beforehand, so when we return, we will have enough of a buffer that release dates shouldn't be massivly effected.

q: "I've been curious about this for a long time, what are the ballpark numbers produced of the average MiUK shoe? Are we talking tens, hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands made? I've always liked the feeling of knowing that I'm one of a select few who own a given colorway, but it'd be cool to know just how rare it is."

a: "So it all depends. There are 5 teams and they have the capacity to make roughly 550 pairs a day, each. But that number can go up or down depending on what style is being made, for example, pig skin takes extra care and work, so they will produce less. Also, they can switch styles half way through the day, sometimes switching styles multiple times a day. The lead time is quite interesting too, before the lockdown, they were making styles that won’t hit the stores until season 2 or 3 of 2021. But we do have limited run lines, take the London marathon ones, there really were only a couple of hundred made. Even we can’t get them anymore!"

lol i think you misinterpreted that interaction. if i remember correctly, dude got upset because NB's original post/announcement about these made it seem like the masks were intended for hospitals only, so it seemed wild to be asking for masks that were for medical personnel. in the past tho.

gotta say, i kinda dig the mask. may end up ordering one, tho i need to do my googles on how effective these fabrics are vs. an N95
I’m not sure what these NB masks are made out of specifically but there is this.

R_C1300TF sizes 8-13 popped up on SNS - $179, free shipping,

RC1300TF

2D245378-AAA9-4291-BD0D-62E703C65AD9.jpeg

Last edited:
How do you like those Hieros and how do they fit compared to the 990? Thinking of grabbing a pair.

I love the hierros. It’s a great every day shoe. The fresh foam is very comfortable but not too spongy/bouncy like ultra boost. They fit true to size. Full review dropping soon on my channel.

Last edited:
ah missed out on the tokyo design 1300 on SNS. anyone have an 8 before I pull the trigger on stockx. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom