Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

^^^Collabs only range between 200-500 pairs. GRs depend...Usually 500-1000 pairs. Some cases will be higher depending on model popularity and different colorways.
Anything over 1000 pairs for a collab is not normal, but I wouldn’t count it off limits. New Balance’s collab are usually with specific brands and not major companies, hence the small production numbers.

Seriously? Wow. These numbers sound astronomically low. Had no clue. Sorry peteypablo555 peteypablo555 for laughing at you up there. :lol:

I guess I'm just so used to Nike and their GR's being 500,000 pairs or whatever they are. :lol:

Seriously? Wow. These numbers sound astronomically low. Had no clue. Sorry peteypablo555 peteypablo555 for laughing at you up there. :lol:

I guess I'm just so used to Nike and their GR's being 500,000 pairs or whatever they are. :lol:

It varies. Ronnie Fieg did the 1700 earlier in two colorways and each colorway had 850 pairs. (https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/kith-new-balance-1700-release-date-price/).

The Dusty Rose 990v2 he did was rumored to be 1000 pairs.

On the other hand, the 992, which has been elusive to many in general, that Kith did was rumored to be only 200-250 pairs and the 998 maybe double that.

There is no hard number on collabs.

If this works, it's a win for both. Think of how many people are going to want to buy ALD clothes now and if these don't come until March and NB has plenty of time to produce an exact quantity.

I could care less about exclusivity and something like this kills the game for resellers.

If this works, it's a win for both. Think of how many people are going to want to buy ALD clothes now and if these don't come until March and NB has plenty of time to produce an exact quantity.

I could care less about exclusivity and something like this kills the game for resellers.

Yeh their clothing is a huge step up from Kith and other brands in the same niche. I am curious what's going on with ALD in general. Their Instagram hasn't posted anything in over a month (LA 5950s) and they haven't previewed any of their fall/winter collection which usually has Woolrich, Drakes and other upper echelon collabs. Even the IG story mood board was a long time ago.

Yeh their clothing is a huge step up from Kith and other brands in the same niche. I am curious what's going on with ALD in general. Their Instagram hasn't posted anything in over a month (LA 5950s) and they haven't previewed any of their fall/winter collection which usually has Woolrich, Drakes and other upper echelon collabs. Even the IG story mood board was a long time ago.
Teddy just gave a preview/updated mood board recently so they’re probably going to drop preview/lookbook soon

[/QUOTE]
Even if 1000 people per pair hit, that isn't unreasonable. I think, others can confirm, this reservation was for stateside only?
I wouldn't worry about how NB is going to make the shoes lol - they make well over 1000 pairs a week in the US alone.
^^^This. Even with a lot of US customers hitting, best believe there is a thirty *** crowd of international customers that want a pair, and will not want to wait until the general release.

Hype sells which is why most collabs are limited, but also most of NBs partners don't have the capital needed to keep massive inventory if things don't sell out. If they are being made to order, ALD/NB is using our capital to fund the project so they don't need to worry about cashflow or left over inventory. Instead of selling 1,000 pairs and making $100k each they sell 10,000 and make $1MM each all while eliminating risk. While retail is really struggling with COVID it's a smart move that hopefully won't backfire on them. ALD should make a statement explaining the process, otherwise people may start charging back not wanting to wait 6 months for shoes. I think this is also a direct response to the resellers who got the 990 release shutdown. Teddy is a humble guy who only wants the best for his customers.

Hype sells which is why most collabs are limited, but also most of NBs partners don't have the capital needed to keep massive inventory if things don't sell out. If they are being made to order, ALD/NB is using our capital to fund the project so they don't need to worry about cashflow or left over inventory. Instead of selling 1,000 pairs and making $100k each they sell 10,000 and make $1MM each all while eliminating risk. While retail is really struggling with COVID it's a smart move that hopefully won't backfire on them. ALD should make a statement explaining the process, otherwise people may start charging back not wanting to wait 6 months for shoes. I think this is also a direct response to the resellers who got the 990 release shutdown. Teddy is a humble guy who only wants the best for his customers.

thank u teddy for putting NB on the map

How very thoughtful if this was truly the intent. Kudos to them, this is the most active move I've seen in getting product to genuine supporters and consumers.

I got a few orders confirmed but only because I thought my initial orders would get cancelled since I wasn’t on the mailing list with the official link.

Everyone hit and super happy for you guys. Let’s just hope our orders get fulfilled.
None for sale

FW20 should be dropping soon, maybe next week. I went the the Porsche event where they previewed FW20, a lot of great stuff coming this season.

Really curious when these are actually shipping.

I honestly wouldn’t mind waiting a couple months or longer even, I just hope we’re not kept in the dark that whole time. Some sort of timeline more specific than “prior to SS21” would be nice.
Edit: I would be cool with December if they tell us December and I’m 100% getting them then. Or cancel my order fast so I know I’ll have to pay resell.

In other news I tried passing by NB HQ in flight simulator 2020 and looks like bing maps data has the building still under construction

FEB9680F-0F9F-4448-91BF-7690E09D4D8C.jpeg

Aime Loan to orDore just replied to my email and said we cannot change our sizing requests.

if the 9 is too big for me, it’s an oop for the thread - except seems like everyone got a W so I’m stuck with a pair. Doh

Back
Top Bottom