Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I’m really excited. I love ALD and haven’t had a chance to buy any of their kicks yet. I've
Never won a raffle of any kind.
E6B64583-F864-44AE-A453-40234C7373F4.jpeg

132D0399-F7E3-46BA-AC44-553E4D151597.jpeg

It is absolutely so satisfying thinking there's most likely resell cats out there sweating with their credit card company "Yes this is definitely a mistake, why would I order 10 pairs of the same shoes?!?"

Also it seems like ~most~ people who wanted them got them? Which makes me wonder if the drop will still be botted up/how that affects resell in general. I can't imagine having a huge resale market if orders are done this way from now on.

It is absolutely so satisfying thinking there's most likely resell cats out there sweating with their credit card company "Yes this is definitely a mistake, why would I order 10 pairs of the same shoes?!?"

Also it seems like ~most~ people who wanted them got them? Which makes me wonder if the drop will still be botted up/how that affects resell in general. I can't imagine having a huge resale market if orders are done this way from now on.

I'm just confused how they're going to make all these pairs...In this thread it seems like even copping GR release 992 and what not is impossible, but with these ALD everyone and their extended fam hit on them. I can't even guess how many people entered the raffle, but it had to have been an insanely high number. I hope all the pairs are actually made, but I am still a little suspicious about this all. It could be that they are just pumping out confirmation emails for everyone, but then when it comes closer to the actual release people will get oversold cancelation emails? Our charges dropped, so I really don't know, just speculation. Guess all we can do is wait!

seems like people missed out, why do people think these are made to order? if they were in fact made to order EVERYONE would have received a confirmation.

But there's like literally only 1 person in this whole thread who didn't hit. When has that ever happened. And I bet there's just a lag or mistake with that person's email. They'll prob randomly get a pair in the mail . :lol:

I'm just confused how they're going to make all these pairs...In this thread it seems like even copping GR release 992 and what not is impossible, but with these ALD everyone and their extended fam hit on them. I can't even guess how many people entered the raffle, but it had to have been an insanely high number. I hope all the pairs are actually made, but I am still a little suspicious about this all. It could be that they are just pumping out confirmation emails for everyone, but then when it comes closer to the actual release people will get oversold cancelation emails? Our charges dropped, so I really don't know, just speculation. Guess all we can do is wait!

But some folks already got shipping confirmation.

So much confusion with this whole situation. I don't even know what to expect with this. :lol:

Last edited:
Even if 1000 people per pair hit, that isn't unreasonable. I think, others can confirm, this reservation was for stateside only?
I wouldn't worry about how NB is going to make the shoes lol - they make well over 1000 pairs a week in the US alone.

Even if 1000 people per pair hit, that isn't unreasonable. I think, others can confirm, this reservation was for stateside only?
I wouldn't worry about how NB is going to make the shoes lol - they make well over 1000 pairs a week in the US alone.

IMO there were WAYYY more than 1,000 entries put in. 1,000 is not that many TBH. And yes I believe US only.

But there's like literally only 1 person in this whole thread who didn't hit. When has that ever happened. And I bet there's just a lag or mistake with that person's email. They'll prob randomly get a pair in the mail . :lol:

But some folks already got shipping confirmation.

So much confusion with this whole situation. I don't even know what to expect with this. :lol:

Yeah the shipping confirmation for some is even more baffling lol. I'm checking my UPS notifications hoping for some update.

When I talked to someone at ALD a while back he said that the 1300s were supposed to release for SS20 but got delayed with COVID. If that's the case I'm sure there are a bunch that have already been produced which they could possibly be shipping out now. They may fulfill as many orders as they can now and continue to make more in order to meet demand. There is a gap of about 8k orders from my initial reservation (97xxx) to the one my friend submitted on Friday (105xxx; which still hasn't been confirmed). I'm sure I was late to the party as I didn't submit my reservation until I received my e-mail well after it got posted here and on twitter. It seems unlikely that they made 10k pairs, but maybe they produced a normal collab amount and they plan to fill the rest by EOY in a made to order scenario. If that's the case, hopefully we're all in the early waves.

When I talked to someone at ALD a while back he said that the 1300s were supposed to release for SS20 but got delayed with COVID. If that's the case I'm sure there are a bunch that have already been produced which they could possibly be shipping out now. They may fulfill as many orders as they can now and continue to make more in order to meet demand. There is a gap of about 8k orders from my initial reservation (97xxx) to the one my friend submitted on Friday (105xxx; which still hasn't been confirmed). I'm sure I was late to the party as I didn't submit my reservation until I received my e-mail well after it got posted here and on twitter. It seems unlikely that they made 10k pairs, but maybe they produced a normal collab amount and they plan to fill the rest by EOY in a made to order scenario. If that's the case, hopefully we're all in the early waves.

Good info and theory. Thank you.

Didn't someone reliable on here say that New Balance only allows a certain amount of pairs to be made per collaboration? 1,000 or 5,000 or something? If that's indeed true, this ALD release has obviously changed that protocol.

Didn't someone reliable on here say that New Balance only allows a certain amount of pairs to be made per collaboration? 1,000 or 5,000 or something? If that's indeed true, this ALD release has obviously changed that protocol.

somebody here said that a typical GR run is 1k and for collabs its generally less

giphy.gif

I'm not sure on a hard limit, but if everyone who entered is actually getting a pair than this would be by far their largest "collab" ever, much higher production then even most GRs. Also, if these are going to be mass produced it might be why they are pretty basic in design. I think it's a great move on all fronts, get folks back to work, gets everyone who wants them their pairs, makes both brands a good amount of money, cuts out resellers.

Hypotheticals, a full size run is 12 sizes from 7 to 13. There has to be a minimum order to NB when making these collabs, and i'm betting they have a minimum, probably 100~300+ per size, all dependant on model (popular sizes being allocated more pairs), and manufacturing capabilities. That's potentially 1,200~3,600+ pairs easily. But when ALD does this pre-order, it's def a win/win for NB and ALD. Who wouldn't want free 'potential' analytics for your brand/ product with numbers which help NB strategically prepare to maximize their manufacturing for this release.

We're seeing Co-vid economics in real time, I wouldn't mind if this becomes the wave for drops... even though it ruins the elusiveness of exclusivity to a small extent.

Last edited:

^^^Collabs only range between 200-500 pairs. GRs depend...Usually 500-1000 pairs. Some cases will be higher depending on model popularity and different colorways.
Anything over 1000 pairs for a collab is not normal, but I wouldn’t count it off limits. New Balance’s collab are usually with specific brands and not major companies, hence the small production numbers.

IMO there were WAYYY more than 1,000 entries put in. 1,000 is not that many TBH. And yes I believe US only.

The link was up on all the sneaker link twitter accounts for a good while and ALD is a very hyped brand.
I cannot fathom how many people probably ordered and confirmed but it has to be in the 10s of thousands at the least.
Like has already been said, seems like NB can barely dribble out a couple size runs at a time right now of GRs that all sell out instantly.
How they are going to fulfill all these orders is beyond me but maybe they plan on taking until next year.
Seems like strange move to dedicate so much resources to one collab when they are so behind on so many models but we shall see!

Back
Top Bottom