Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Tried to call stores on this list (There are stores who are getting them that are not on the dtlr list but is in Mike’s) and got a mix of fcfs and raffle. Good luck to those who are trying!

So, the actual list of stores that will receive the 992s are listed on DTLR's Lifestyle IG page and it is actually only 12 stores (3 in the Baltimore area, 1 in Montgomery County, 1 in Charles County, 4 in PG County and the 3 DC stores). Most of those stores are doing FCFS and 1 pair per person (though the location at Wheaton Mall pulled a fast one when they told me yesterday to call back today to find out how they were handling this release and when I called this morning I was told that they did a raffle yesterday, so I am thinking that location backdoored their pairs). Also, what is the list that you referred to as "Mike's"? Though I already have my game plan together and what store(s) I am going to, I am just curious what locations are on the one you are talking about.

Last edited:
So, the actual list of stores that will receive the 992s are listed on DTLR's Lifestyle IG page and it is actually only 12 stores (3 in the Baltimore area, 1 in Montgomery County, 5 in Prince George's County and the 3 DC stores). Most of those stores are doing FCFS and 1 pair per person (though the location at Wheaton Mall pulled a fast one when they told me yesterday to call back today to find out how they were handling this release and when I called this morning I was told that they did a raffle yesterday, so I am thinking that location backdoored their pairs). Also, what is the list that you referred to as "Mike's"? Though I already have my game plan together and what store(s) I am going to, I am just curious what locations are on the one you are talking about.

Does anyone think it'll be a waste of time if I went to PG around noon tomorrow? Really not trying to stand in line

IIRC there were locations that were stated by June and Mike when they went live on IG

Does anyone think it'll be a waste of time if I went to PG around noon tomorrow? Really not trying to stand in line

IIRC there were locations that were stated by June and Mike when they went live on IG

Oh okay. I was wondering what was Mike's list. LOL My brother and I will be in line for them because both myself and my friend who is from DC but in the military wants a pair of these and I am trying to be an early bird. By noon it will probably be crazy and I want to be away from it all. It is supposed to be rainy tomorrow, so maybe that will slow people up a little bit and they will come out a little later. I am hoping it is not a long line at 11AM, though I am planning to be at the mall at 10AM, 10:30 at the very latest. No games are being played with these! :emoji_grin:

Oh okay. I was wondering what was Mike's list. LOL My brother and I will be in line for them because both myself and my friend who is from DC but in the military wants a pair of these and I am trying to be an early bird. By noon it will probably be crazy and I want to be away from it all. It is supposed to be rainy tomorrow, so maybe that will slow people up a little bit and they will come out a little later. I am hoping it is not a long line at 11AM, though I am planning to be at the mall at 10AM, 10:30 at the very latest. No games are being played with these! :emoji_grin:
I'll try online first then head over. Just hoping NB blesses the locations with good quantity. Which location are you going to if you don't mind me asking.?

990v2 from 2015 today.
F2BA9F5E-90F8-43E6-9C4A-EB2471A56E8A.jpeg
The patina on these navy v3s go crazy! how did you do it? sun bathe 'em?

Last edited:
I'll try online first then head over. Just hoping NB blesses the locations with good quantity. Which location are you going to if you don't mind me asking.?
I am not expecting anything from the online release because the bots will eat that inventory. I would be SOOOO surprised if anybody cop these manually on their website. I will definitely be on their site tomorrow as well while on the way to the mall, but I am having a better feeling of being able to cop in-store than online (especially since I need 2 pairs and online will probably be 1 pair per order). Also, since my brother is in Baltimore, that is where I will be to pick these up (so that narrows down the locations that I can go to).

Last edited:
Anyone go to the Bricks and Wood event today? I was trying to get someone to grab one of the shirts but they sold out

Can’t decide whether cream or tonal look better. Maybe I should of got white laces to match white midsole. Or maybe get a beige Posca pen and do the midsole to match lol.

68E048E4-5D88-4A44-B022-4A368799558D.jpeg
B24C08A0-71BD-494D-97A9-E7FADAABD425.jpeg
F5595A23-73E0-49C1-A101-2511044942FA.jpeg
I received my pair and this olive colorway is really nice.
As for the sizing, i went with my TTS and they are a bit tight while half size up would probably be a bit roomy. As suggested the way to go is probably to replace the insole for perfect fit.

NB Australia just released the 998MR here but the smallest they had was a US8!!!!! I wear a US7 fml.... I still ordered though!

Comfort is great! I’m not a running shoe expert by any means, but these were recommended for me to start off with since I’ve started off with ski light runs again. There’s definitely this bounce type of feedback from the midsole, and it makes for less soreness and less negative feedback on my legs and back. If you are looking at them just for walking, then these will definitely do the trick but that bouncy midsole will make you want to go for a jog too.😅

sick, i gotta try a pair. they look fun and comfortable! thanks for the response.

Back
Top Bottom