Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I’m surprised they took that raffle win back. Rare these days.

Probably some manager, tired of having that conversation with clueless resellers

I hope I don't sound like I'm defending the ignorant fella, but shops doing raffles for damn near everything the last few years has helped increase an item's desirability. I'm 100% guilty of entering a raffle or a draw or a queue thinking, "why the hell not, if I hit I'll see how I like them if not I'll cancel or return or flip." One of those cases was the olive jjjjound nb v3s. I didn't think they were that nice but how could I not try to cop some jjjjound NBs? Wound up ooping to someone else for retail. Designated drop times have the same effect - competing with tens of thousands of others to purchase one item at the same time creates a lot more buying incentive vs randomly rolling them out. Folks like the thrill of the cop.

TL;DR yes the guy is pretty dumb for thinking those horrible shoes would resell, but he's a product of a system made to make him want **** he doesn't actually want.

I hope I don't sound like I'm defending the ignorant fella, but shops doing raffles for damn near everything the last few years has helped increase an item's desirability. I'm 100% guilty of entering a raffle or a draw or a queue thinking, "why the hell not, if I hit I'll see how I like them if not I'll cancel or return or flip." One of those cases was the olive jjjjound nb v3s. I didn't think they were that nice but how could I not try to cop some jjjjound NBs? Wound up ooping to someone else for retail. Designated drop times have the same effect - competing with tens of thousands of others to purchase one item at the same time creates a lot more buying incentive vs randomly rolling them out. Folks like the thrill of the cop.

TL;DR yes the guy is pretty dumb for thinking those horrible shoes would resell, but he's a product of a system made to make him want **** he doesn't actually want.
Whole sneaker thing has gone to the trash bro…. Even “shock drops” which I assume are to deter bots, and give somewhat of an even playing field to the regular buyer, when in reality, just about anyone BUT the regular buyer knows about the shock drop beforehand.

I’m not going to say the bubble has bursted, but the everything flips era seems to have slowed way down. Some still feel, or hope it’s still there, and feel any purchase has no risk, and will be an easy flip for at the least a small profit.

How these joints ain’t fall out the box or get snatched out is a miracle. Literally how I found the box on my door step

BFBD1246-FA46-40A5-801E-DDE3DB38BC02.jpeg

274B9911-301B-4358-B2DE-FB25A05B7EAC.jpeg

Whole sneaker thing has gone to the trash bro…. Even “shock drops” which I assume are to deter bots, and give somewhat of an even playing field to the regular buyer, when in reality, just about anyone BUT the regular buyer knows about the shock drop beforehand.

I’m not going to say the bubble has bursted, but the everything flips era seems to have slowed way down. Some still feel, or hope it’s still there, and feel any purchase has no risk, and will be an easy flip for at the least a small profit.
Shock drops can have a similar effect. When a notification pops up and it's "Now available!" it's kinda like "whoa, now it's right here in front of me and I can get it, I need to act fast and get it while I can." I'm six weeks away from completing a masters degree in digital marketing and it's been a trip to learn about the ways we're manipulated as consumers.

Slightly off topic but I remember some guy in the SB thread was hype once cuz he walked into a skateshop and copped a "shock drop" in store off the shelf...told homie that wasn't no shock drop, that's just a drop :lol:

Totally agree with that and I’m guilty of the same thing, mostly because it’s impossible to see a shoe in store anymore, to know if I like it or not, and online pics can be very different from the end product. So I would play a raffle to literally see a shoe in hand and return of I don’t like it

I entered for shattered backboard 5s on SNKRS just to do it, I had never won anything and what do you know.. i won. Returned them to a Nike store the same day I got them :lol:

Last edited:
Raffles not even worth it these days unless it’s for something super hype/limited. Everything is behind a “no returns” raffle wall, or fake queue, or Snkrs draw. Same time 90% of releases sitting and going on disco these days because people broke

Every time I win a raffle recently I seem to get burned. I only enter for stuff I want, but I recently won 3 raffles for $250 Air Max Scorpions. Luckily my bank knows I’m not crazy and declined 2. Now they still sitting

Just won the SNS raffle for these Teddy V3s, just for them to be 30% off on Notre on release day

On the opposite end. Entered no raffles for them black SS Pennys, and got them for 40% off this week. This is how the game is now

No shame in balancing the perspective. Honestly I was a little annoyed when I saw his proof of the return 🤣. Not because I didn't want him to get his $$$ back, but because it so perfectly fit the stereotype of the novice reseller/Hypebeast buying because the algorithm told them too. But, I'm glad you spoke up and reminded me that we've all fallen to this before.

For me it's the in-store. I can stumble upon a shoe I've already decided I didn't want or was on the fence about and if I stumble upon it in store I'll probably cop just in case I regret not copping later. Just copped Sacai Cortez in store on last week. I had already got a size 11 and decided to sell them. Too much white and while I think they are dope they didn't look as dope on my feet. Thought maybe a half size down would look better but didn't feel like it was worth even the low resell. But when I saw they had 10.5 stocked at a local boutique I didn't even hesitate. Barely a week later and I sold them for a loss to get the the Arctic Blue JFG 993s (for only $10 over retail even after fees🤑) and complete the pack 😂.

.....short story long Ari$, we've all been there.

I deserve all the name calling. As someone else said this one hour window raffle BS making us think these are coveted sneakers, then the next day releasing them on the site and we all watch them "sit" is a complete sham. Shame on you todd snyder, tryna hype up the ugliest shoes ive ever seen in my life and then me actually buying them because of the fake raffle. I should report them to the BBB that is false advertising , at the end of the day i learned a lesson , im not a reseller every single pair ive won on SNKRS ive worn them. Ive never bought shoes to resell them until this pair for some reason they tricked me into buying something i didnt wanna wear. And im just glad i got my money back cause that fake site said no returns on them.

So you're blaming Todd Snyder for you being a dumbass. Makes sense. Wish they denied your request to return those shoes as they had every right to. Did you a solid and maybe just maybe you learn from it...

I deserve all the name calling. As someone else said this one hour window raffle BS making us think these are coveted sneakers, then the next day releasing them on the site and we all watch them "sit" is a complete sham. Shame on you todd snyder, tryna hype up the ugliest shoes ive ever seen in my life and then me actually buying them because of the fake raffle. I should report them to the BBB that is false advertising , at the end of the day i learned a lesson , im not a reseller every single pair ive won on SNKRS ive worn them. Ive never bought shoes to resell them until this pair for some reason they tricked me into buying something i didnt wanna wear. And im just glad i got my money back cause that fake site said no returns on them.
If you're mad at Todd Snyder for this then you'll pretty much hate all the major sneaker brands because they all do some form of this. It's marketing. You fell for a very basic marketing ploy. This is definitely not an offense reportable to the BBB lol. You saw "raffle" and "collab" and assumed it was something worth having or at least worth selling. Another lesson is always buy in your size and always buy what you ACTUALLY like. This is what I try to do to avoid being stuck with a pair I don't like and can't resell. Otherwise be content with selling at a loss. Could've been worse. I know people still sitting on Nike Adapt BBs waiting for the market to upswing 🤣

Last edited:
Generally it fits the same between the models made in usa and uk...it depends on the toe box too...but this model is comparable to the 997 made in usa in terms of comfort 🙂
yeah, i ordered the same size as the rest of my usa and UK pairs and they worked out. the 770s though, folks need to go up half a size.

I refuse to believe this is real.

Naw, that's totally on you, man.

Forgot I placed a bid on these on STX. SMH. Oh well.

9B5B2999-AAC6-48CE-BC04-14282C576CEA.jpeg

They’ll probably be donors for the 2002RDIs.
Could've been worse. Back in the day I didn't trust GOAT as much as the hometown StockX so I barely bought on the platform. I had maybe two purchases at the time. However, I had decided I wanted the A Ma Maniere Jordan 3s as soon as I saw them. Entered every raffle, added them to my notifications on eBay, joined SoleSavy, and even places bids on Stock X and GOAT for the amount I'd reasonably play if I struck which was just over $500. They were going for well over $1k at the time and I thought we might have an Off White Jordan 1 type situation where resell never really dipped below $700. After striking out on the initial releases I heard that Nike was finally going to do a release. Cancelled my StockX bid. Forgot to cancel my GOAT bid. Was literally at the ATM getting money to give to my nephew at his bday party when I got the news that about $700 after fees was yanked because someone accepted my bid. Then the release came and my sized dropped to $150 less. What an idiot

Back
Top Bottom