Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Ball and bucks today

E50BD608-AEA2-4FD1-8851-CDE015A79D30.jpeg

My JFG 993s have been stuck in Iowa going on four days now. They do scan as in-transit every day so there may be just some delay but starting to get worried I may never see them.

Do we know why prices are all over the place for 2002r at retail?
On the EU sites there are some for 120, 130, 140, 150, 160, 200… I know there are some more “premium” (I guess) and GTX but it’s still weird that difference.

Do we know why prices are all over the place for 2002r at retail?
On the EU sites there are some for 120, 130, 140, 150, 160, 200… I know there are some more “premium” (I guess) and GTX but it’s still weird that difference.
Different kinds. Kind of like what they do with air force 1s. My suede packs were 140. Protection Pack/refined future was 160. Got a pair a year ago for 120. No leather or suede, all synthetic materials and mesh.

No shame in balancing the perspective. Honestly I was a little annoyed when I saw his proof of the return 🤣. Not because I didn't want him to get his $$$ back, but because it so perfectly fit the stereotype of the novice reseller/Hypebeast buying because the algorithm told them too. But, I'm glad you spoke up and reminded me that we've all fallen to this before.

For me it's the in-store. I can stumble upon a shoe I've already decided I didn't want or was on the fence about and if I stumble upon it in store I'll probably cop just in case I regret not copping later. Just copped Sacai Cortez in store on last week. I had already got a size 11 and decided to sell them. Too much white and while I think they are dope they didn't look as dope on my feet. Thought maybe a half size down would look better but didn't feel like it was worth even the low resell. But when I saw they had 10.5 stocked at a local boutique I didn't even hesitate. Barely a week later and I sold them for a loss to get the the Arctic Blue JFG 993s (for only $10 over retail even after fees🤑) and complete the pack 😂.

.....short story long Ari$, we've all been there.
I think just buy what you like which everyone here is echoing...not what's hyped or cool at the moment. We all try to be individuals but how are we doing that when we're following the algorithm? I was the same way as well and I'm barely venturing out of Nike for the first time in years, I've been a sneakerhead since the 90's and it's changed a lot but you can only wear so much so just buy what you like that way you won't have buyer's remorse or trouble returning them or trying to flip them...

Different kinds. Kind of like what they do with air force 1s. My suede packs were 140. Protection Pack/refined future was 160. Got a pair a year ago for 120. No leather or suede, all synthetic materials and mesh.
For instance the new 2002RCA (B, C and D) are made of pigskin and mesh, they’re 140.
The 2002RST is the same but they’re 160…

For instance the new 2002RCA (B, C and D) are made of pigskin and mesh, they’re 140.
The 2002RST is the same but they’re 160…
Those are all listed for the same price ($170CAD) on the Canadian NB site. In the past I’ve noticed boutiques sometime miss memos about pricing or straight up post the prices with errors. I got overcharged on 990V2s from solestop and if I didn’t contact them about it when they went live on nb.ca they wouldn’t have refunded me the difference. Also there’s definitely been a price increase for a lot of models over the past year and a half with inflation/cost of materials rising. I paid $169.99CAD for RDAs last year through NB & this year all the refined future pairs are $40 more at $209.99CAD (which is insane for MiAsia frankly).

Those are all listed for the same price ($170CAD) on the Canadian NB site. In the past I’ve noticed boutiques sometime miss memos about pricing or straight up post the prices with errors. I got overcharged on 990V2s from solestop and if I didn’t contact them about it when they went live on nb.ca they wouldn’t have refunded me the difference. Also there’s definitely been a price increase for a lot of models over the past year and a half with inflation/cost of materials rising. I paid $169.99CAD for RDAs last year through NB & this year all the refined future pairs are $40 more at $209.99CAD (which is insane for MiAsia frankly).
Yeah, shops are definitely starting to take liberties with the MSRP these days. Which ain't surprising given the economy and all. Not an NB but I bought the Sacai Cortez at an IRL Xhibition store. Sneaker retails at $160 and I paid 185 plus tax. Didn't notice until I got home. Called them and they said that's the price in their system 🤷🏿‍♂️. Shops that didn't stock NB as respectfully in the past might see the hype and look at their bottom line and decide to play with the pricing a little.

I asked the NB CS rep and he confirmed the price, might just be due to the economy. Oh well, I ordered 3 different pairs to see them in hand and I’ll return what I don’t like.

I'm an 11.5 in 990v2, how do the 550 fit compared?
Do you half size down from your TTS in most other brands? If so, that should work. For example, my true size is an 11. However my foot is slightly on The wider side, so I often go a half size up in runners because they are typically more narrow in the toe box. But with New Balance, especially in most of the 990 series I tend to go a half size down to a 10.5. I can wear a size 11 in 550s but I go down to a 10.5. This is for GRs and collabs. For further reference, I go 10.5 in air force 1s. Full size up to a 12 in most Yeezy's, hal size up to 11.5 in almost all air maxes.

Ima chill on them 990V6 on release day

Tired of entering and winning raffles just to see the shoe on sale the same day with some crazy discount code, and I can't return the raffle win
Were the Grey v5s ever on sale? I always saw them excluded from sales and discount codes from some places

Were the Grey v5s ever on sale? I always saw them excluded from sales and discount codes from some places
I think they were on sale for $130ish or so (I think that was the price) on Hibbetts a few months or so back.

Back
Top Bottom