Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Does anyone else think the new 998s are extremely tight in the forefoot? I don't know how many 998s I have but I've always sized down and they fit great. The new 998GR are strangling my forefoot. The frank loyd wright pack is fine though. Did I Just get a weird pair?

IMG_5418.jpeg

My only Grey Day pick up.

Are these good for hiking? I know they're trail shoes but they just seem very unstable.
I have a hightop boot that I’ve used for more serious conditions (Hoka One One Kaha) and thought about getting the More Trail v3 for shorter warm weather hikes with limited incline.

The Kaha’s and Speedgoats have a similar tall/stacked plush sole to the More Trail v3, and I worried about stability before too, but found the height to be ok. Everything I’ve read in reviews indicate stability should be good and grib not an issue with the Vibram doing its thing.

I have a hightop boot that I’ve used for more serious conditions (Hoka One One Kaha) and thought about getting the More Trail v3 for shorter warm weather hikes with limited incline.

The Kaha’s and Speedgoats have a similar tall/stacked plush sole to the More Trail v3, and I worried about stability before too, but found the height to be ok. Everything I’ve read in reviews indicate stability should be good and grib not an issue with the Vibram doing its thing.
Good to know. How's the sizing on those? Heard the fresh foam line lines half size big. Love that colorway.

IMG_7821.JPG

Got some cream laces in them. I like these. Don't love them as much as I thought I would. Maybe I'm over the hairy suede lol. Might try the V6 in the same cw instead.

love the hairy suede, but the navy secondary color doesn't do anything for me.

Does anyone else think the new 998s are extremely tight in the forefoot? I don't know how many 998s I have but I've always sized down and they fit great. The new 998GR are strangling my forefoot. The frank loyd wright pack is fine though. Did I Just get a weird pair?
Not surprising since it looks like they turned an SUV into a crossover. I’m not mad at that I just won’t size down anymore. They were always more roomy than they were long for me.

Back
Top Bottom